300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NightStix View Post
    There are Lateral classes, as long as you ALREADY meet the requirements for MPTC. If you don't then you have to go through the entire academy. If you do meet the requirements, then yes you take a condensed course, basically learn how to write reports, 10 codes, etc.
    How long is the lateral class? Is it done at the academy or in-house? Also, how are you tested to see if you meet the requirements for MPTC?

Comment

• Well I took my written test today and passed. I have the agility on Saturday. So far so good. They said after you pass the agility I will get a date to turn in my packet and do the psychological. I'm definitely hoping all goes well. It seems like these guys definitely have their act together up at Personnel. Does anyone here know about how to get a ride along with one of the BPD officers? Or are there any BPD officers here that don't mind taking a ride along with a fellow officer.com member?

Comment

• Originally posted by dand2 View Post
        Nice to see those getting some where.. My process has seemed to have stalled or slowed down. The recruiter 2 weeks ago told me things would be rolling fast. But after the agility..i have not heard anything. Which was supposed to be a 4 day process was only 2. The recruiter told me the next step for me is a BI investigator....

Hope something developes soon..
        Best suggestion I think, call and ask.

Comment

• Originally posted by marcusindc View Post
          How long is the lateral class? Is it done at the academy or in-house? Also, how are you tested to see if you meet the requirements for MPTC?
          I dont remember, I think it was like 4 weeks or so, give or take. You aren't tested to see if you meet the requirements. Either you are already qualified, or not. Call recruitment and ask as they can give you more up to date information than I can.

Comment

• Originally posted by wheels64 View Post
            Well I took my written test today and passed. I have the agility on Saturday. So far so good. They said after you pass the agility I will get a date to turn in my packet and do the psychological. I'm definitely hoping all goes well. It seems like these guys definitely have their act together up at Personnel. Does anyone here know about how to get a ride along with one of the BPD officers? Or are there any BPD officers here that don't mind taking a ride along with a fellow officer.com member?
            Call the district you want to go with first and talk to the shift commander about doing a ride along. Let them know your intentions and see what they say. I would try to go for the weekend, night shifts as they are "usually" a little "busier." The Eastern, Western, or Southwest have been about the busiest, but you may want to consider how far you have to travel as well.

From what I've seen about personnel and the academy, I would have to say that things have DEFINETELY changed, and for the better.

Comment

• That's what's up wheels! Hope I see you at the academy!

Nightstix, Night shifts are busier? I see like barely anybody on the streets after 8pm. Interesting....
              learn something new everyday. I tell ya!
              Last edited by PaulPo; 12-17-2008, 01:21 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by PaulPo View Post
                That's what's up wheels! Hope I see you at the academy!

Nightstix, Night shifts are busier? I see like barely anybody on the streets after 8pm. Interesting....
                learn something new everyday. I tell ya!
                LMAO What part of Baltimore are you talking about?????????????

Comment

amen. dont get me wrong, even a "slow" day in Bmore is semi busy. plus, there is always something you can find to get into.

Comment

• LOL yea on the way back from the written test on route 40 I saw a lot of people walking the streets. It definitely looks like Baltimore officers will never be out of work.

Comment

• There's still hope

I was told and others have confirmed that the next academy has been moved up to Friday, 1/9. No reason given. My final interview is on 12/29.

So best of luck to those still hoping to get in!

And thanks, too, to those in the know who've helped us endure the process
                      and that have given us hope.

Comment

• Oh by the way, at the written test they said that everything is proceeding as normal. There are no budget cuts or hiring freezes. That could mean nothing, but hopefully the Academy following the one that starts in a few weeks will be the normal February/March timeframe. Anyone have any ideas?

Comment

Basing on the fact that what seems like every store in bmore closing at 6pm and by 8 pm it's almost a ghost town. And this is in Pennsy! During the daytime, street's packed! By night time, everyone just disappears into thin air.

But you're right though Bmore's always busy. Just saying...I'd think day shift would be a bit busier.
                          Last edited by PaulPo; 12-18-2008, 10:24 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by PaulPo View Post
                            Basing on the fact that what seems like every store in bmore closing at 6pm and by 8 pm it's almost a ghost town. And this is in Pennsy! During the daytime, street's packed! By night time, everyone just disappears into thin air.

But you're right though Bmore's always busy. Just saying...I'd think day shift would be a bit busier.
                            You are saying that about Pennsylvania Ave? Let me tell you.. When I had to do foot on Pennsy in the Central District, only after being out every night for a couple weeks did it finally start dying down because they were sick of us messing with them. Even then they were still out all around, they just avoided us. Fast forward and working in the Western, Pennsylvania Ave. is still a prime spot for a bunch of calls and driving up and down (I work Midnights), for the first few hours the streets are definitely not considered a ghost town. And I don't know what stores you are talking about that close at 6pm... But you have all the corner stores, bars, food establishments open til' really late.

Don't mean to contradict you, just giving up info. from personal experience. It doesn't get quiet until 1ish give or take an hour depending on weather. 3-11 or 4-12 depending on the district, is by far the most busiest.. Again from my own experience fwiw.

Comment

• I applied for a cadet position last May. I did the four day process and I failed the poly. They said I was being deceptive about my cocaine usage when I've never used any drugs, ever. I was rescheduled for another poly and received a letter saying I had reached a point in the process in which I couldn't continue or something. So basically, I was rejected.
                              Next June, I'll be 21 and I REALLY want to work for Baltimore PD. It was heartbreaking to be knocked out for something I didn't do (lie).
                              Do you think I'd have a chance going through the process with them again next summer? Obviously, I'd already be starting off on a bad foot.

Comment

• I would try again if I were you. I wouldn't let the poly get you down. I may get bashed by the pro-poly peeps on this site.. The poly is just a tool used to scare you into being "completely honest". It's a 50/50 chance of passing it. There are many who have had false positives etc. Read up on the lie behind the lie detector test. It's not admissable in courts for a reason........It also gives them reason to rule out another person so they can move onto the next person..... And if you make it to another poly, stick to your guns, do not let the examiner make you nervous. Remember the process is a mind game....

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11770 users online. 251 members and 11519 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X