Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Baltimore City Police Department Q&A

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • APO if you call me sir again I will make sure you get the duck walk all day!
    Neither a Republican nor Democrat, both parties are hopelessly flawed.

    RIP to all my fallen brothers and sisters in blue I hope one day I can live up to your legacies because you live forever in my mind.

    To anyone non-LEO don't get it twisted. Us officers may disagree on politics, sports, and any other issue but we will always be brothers and sisters at the end of the day and have each others back. To think otherwise is stupid.

    Comment


    • I was impressed to see one of the females with a 96 on her PT score already. props to her. Other than that, there was a lot of yellow highlighter on your list haha

      Comment


      • Originally posted by jvegas View Post
        i have an arm band tattoo on my forearm and always wore a black ace bandage tennis elbow wrap. you'll probably be fine, unless you dislike the tattoo and want to get it removed. you can also use tattoo cover-up makeup.
        No i love the tattoo .. it was my units symbol while we were overseas .. that's what I was wondering. If I could cover it up with a bandage like that, would I still have to wear long sleeves while on patrol? I figure it's a given in the academy, just was wondering if it was different on the street.

        Comment


        • tattoos don't matter in the academy, only when you get out

          Comment


          • Originally posted by TGYNYY View Post
            tattoos don't matter in the academy, only when you get out
            thats changed, then. when i was in the academy, i had to wear knee high socks during PT to cover my leg tats, and long sleeves. once i got out, the ace bandage worked fine with short sleeves in patrol. it probably wont work while in field training, but afterwards, i doubt anyone questions you. at the end of the day, it is up to your command (Lt, mainly)

            Comment


            • Originally posted by irishman585 View Post
              jvegas would it be ok if i PMed you
              sure

              Comment


              • Originally posted by MeBPD View Post
                APO if you call me sir again I will make sure you get the duck walk all day!
                YOU WILL NEVER SEE THAT WORD TYPED AGAIN!!! lmao

                Comment


                • Originally posted by jvegas View Post
                  thats changed, then. when i was in the academy, i had to wear knee high socks during PT to cover my leg tats, and long sleeves. once i got out, the ace bandage worked fine with short sleeves in patrol. it probably wont work while in field training, but afterwards, i doubt anyone questions you. at the end of the day, it is up to your command (Lt, mainly)
                  Hey jvegas .. will you be working on the night of the 21st? I was looking to do another ride along again before I head back up to CT .. I'll be doing my final processing that day

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by BlueChord11B View Post
                    Hey jvegas .. will you be working on the night of the 21st? I was looking to do another ride along again before I head back up to CT .. I'll be doing my final processing that day
                    i have a day in for that day, but ive been thinking about working instead. i'll check with my Sgt and see if we can have ride-alongs with our current assignment.

                    Comment


                    • I know a girl posted on this thread before awhile back, but since then its been kind of quiet. Was wondering if anyone was going to the Womens 2 day event thing. Also for anyone (male or female) in the process already or in the department how does the morale for females seem? How do women seem to do during the academy?

                      Comment


                      • I was looking for that post as well for you. Maybe Sgt Joe Friday will answer

                        (I'm joking jvega) LOL

                        Some of the guys in the Academy now will be here in the am. I'm sure they will answer for you.
                        MDRDEP:

                        There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

                        Comment


                        • jcioccke, I was having a bad day until I read that. Now I can't stop smiling.

                          Comment


                          • Thx vegas. Being Baltimore has over 3,100 officers is it safe to assume its hard make some over time? And I read that you have to work court ot on ur day off is that true?

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by ALGO View Post
                              Thx vegas. Being Baltimore has over 3,100 officers is it safe to assume its hard make some over time? And I read that you have to work court ot on ur day off is that true?
                              OT comes and goes, but its not really hard to get. OT is slower during the winter months and first part of the fiscal year. if you have court on your day off, then yes, you have to go to court. you get OT, obviously if that happens. if you have a vacation, you simply notify court and you are excused.

                              Comment


                              • jvegas .. let me know about the ride alone cause that would be awesome .. what do you guys take home on average per year with OT included? I'm just trying to figure out what I'm going to be living on since it's going to be a substantial pay cut from the military.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 12090 users online. 295 members and 11795 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X