• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congrats bro! Good luck!

Comment

• Originally posted by marcusindc View Post
      Few quick questions:

1) Is there is a shortened version of the academy for out-of-state certified officers or just the Maryland folks? I'd be coming from Alexandria with about 3 years on.
      There are Lateral classes, as long as you ALREADY meet the requirements for MPTC. If you don't then you have to go through the entire academy. If you do meet the requirements, then yes you take a condensed course, basically learn how to write reports, 10 codes, etc.

Originally posted by marcusindc View Post
      2) I see there is a raise for applicants with 4 year degrees. Anything for 2 year degrees?
      There is no police agent program for 2 year degrees.

Originally posted by marcusindc View Post
      3) Are officers put on foot patrol for full shifts or does everyone have access to vehicles?
      There are vehicles in use, however till the officers learn how NOT to play bumper cars with them, we will NEVER have enough of them. There was a point in time where 1/2 the acedemy class would walk foot and the other half would be motorized, but where that stands now, I dont know

Comment

• Originally posted by Kashihara View Post
        More than a year after starting this; the mother of all BPD threads in an effort to do my homework on the department and just a few months after finally applying and completing the four day out of state process I got the call. Despite scrambling trying to relocate to Baltimore before Dec. 29th (damn!), I'm glad and looking forward to working for the agency.

Many thanks to B-More Dawg, Nightstix, TigerWoody for fielding my questions/giving perspective and everyone else who contributed to this thread and me getting hired!
        Should've figured that it was that started this mess!!!! Just kidding. Congrats and good luck, glad we could help!!!

Comment

• Home visit

I had 2 investigators come to my house and speak with my neighbors. Does that mean i still may make the class on the 29th? Anyone have any insight?

Comment

• Originally posted by ty614 View Post
            I had 2 investigators come to my house and speak with my neighbors. Does that mean i still may make the class on the 29th? Anyone have any insight?
            you SHOULD make it, but only the BI/personnel knows for sure. USUALLY, you get the call about a week after them coming to your neighbors. my buddy, had them come to his neighbors last week (thurs) and he got the call today.

Comment

• Thank you. I hope so. I am afraid that if I don't make this class on the 29th I may have to wait until spring time.

Comment

• Originally posted by ty614 View Post
                Thank you. I hope so. I am afraid that if I don't make this class on the 29th I may have to wait until spring time.
                personally, i dont think there will be a hiring freeze, and if there is, it wont last long. theres way too much turnover in the city for a freeze.

Comment

• It sounds like a a couple people were receiving calls today.. Congrats to all you. And, since I'm surprise she is being modest and not saying anything, Congrats to WannbeBPD who should change her name to GonnabeBPD who received that call as well.

Comment

• Thank you so much MiGuy! ) Modest? Who me? LOL!
                    Congrats to everyone else who got the call...I look forward to meeting you! Thank you to everyone for all of the insight!
                    Baltimore Police Department
                    **Finally :0)**

Comment

• to those that got called today, when do you report for final processing? did they tell you to wear "black and white"? did they tell you if you hired as of that day?

Comment

• When the investigator called, she asked if I was ready for the academy on the 29th...then she told me that I needed to report for final processing on Thursday at 9:00am. The investigator told me to wear professional attire and that's it (She did not specify black or white) ...oh yes, bring my license

Comment

• Originally posted by WannaBBPD View Post
                          When the investigator called, she asked if I was ready for the academy on the 29th...then she told me that I needed to report for final processing on Thursday at 9:00am. The investigator told me to wear professional attire and that's it (She did not specify black or white) ...oh yes, bring my license
                          thanks. i curious because from the way it was explained to my friend/by my friend, it was not the hire date. he will also be there thursday. usually, they tell you to wear black tie, black pants, white shirt for your EOD. "final processing" for me was basically getting hired... sworn in, signing up for the pension plan, etc...

Comment

• Well I'm not sure but I was told (prior to today) that my hire date was going to be Wed or Thurs...BUT I'm not sure how it works entirely because when I reported for my poly weeks ago, there was a new hire there and it was his hiring day BUT he didn't have on black or white...so honestly I'm not sure. Maybe we'll have to report again on Monday or something...

Comment

• its possible that they phased the back and white out. we were the first class to wear our duty shirts and khakis on the first day of the academy... before that, you wore black and white the first couple months and then "graduated" into khakis and duty shirt. maybe they figured that its pointless to make people buy black ties, etc... for 1 day.

Again, congrats to everyone... dont eat a big breakfast on the 2nd of Jan (second day of the academy)

Comment

• Nice to see those getting some where.. My process has seemed to have stalled or slowed down. The recruiter 2 weeks ago told me things would be rolling fast. But after the agility..i have not heard anything. Which was supposed to be a 4 day process was only 2. The recruiter told me the next step for me is a BI investigator....

Hope something developes soon..

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12729 users online. 340 members and 12389 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X