Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I got a call to see my b.I. This week today! And I just took the psych two weeks ago almost! Wow fast but even more stressfull i have my last portion for the Mta police in Maryland the same day . Passed there and msp poly now moving along. Gotta love Maryland better than ny/nj processes. Anyone know how long the meet with bi lasts?
    Last edited by Leohopefull90; 02-16-2011, 02:32 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Leohopefull90 View Post
      So I got a call to see my b.I. This week today! And I just took the psych two weeks ago almost! Wow fast but even more stressfull i have my last portion for the Mta police in Maryland the same day . Passed there and msp poly now moving along. Gotta love Maryland better than ny/nj processes. Anyone know how long the meet with bi lasts?
      couple of hours and fill out more paperwork

Comment

• How big is each class supposed to be and when are the projected dates for these classes since they are looking for 350 people?

Comment

• is the academy a live in academy?

Comment

• no... you know, this thread has 192 pages of useful information, not just the current page that we're up to..

Comment

• Originally posted by PaliBoy20 View Post
              How big is each class supposed to be and when are the projected dates for these classes since they are looking for 350 people?
              We are the wrong people to ask this question about projected dates for classes. You'll only get guesses since I don't think anyone here currently works in personnel and have control over the training schedule. Current hires are told 50 per class but that isn't necessarily all BPD either.

Comment

• "they" shoot for 50 in each class. usually, its about 40 BPD and the rest are other depts. the academy is NOT live-in. when the budget allows for it, the academy is equipped to hold a class every 2 months, so 6 classes at a time/year.

Comment

• Just finished up with the background interview and the Poly today.. doing the oral psych tomorrow .. have the medical on the 25th .. if he's starting my BI today do I have a shot for the March academy?

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueChord11B View Post
                    Just finished up with the background interview and the Poly today.. doing the oral psych tomorrow .. have the medical on the 25th .. if he's starting my BI today do I have a shot for the March academy?
                    doubt it, but anything is possible. they have even hired people who arent completely finished. if something pops up, they get terminated.

Comment

• I wanna start off by saying Good Luck to all those that are attending the Friday-Saturday Recruiting Session. I'll be leaving in less then 24 hours for my drive down to baltimore. Wish I could leave earlier and get some decent sleep before the civil exam, but unfortunately work will only give me Friday and Saturday off and I've gotta stick around in western pa till 2230 then drive the 5 hours to baltimore right after work.

I do have a question about the medical exam, I partially tore my MCL back in highschool, will that disqualify me from attending the academy? The injury didn't require surgery, but I've heard from some local police officers that they may not allow me to join.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dtb5033 View Post
                        I wanna start off by saying Good Luck to all those that are attending the Friday-Saturday Recruiting Session. I'll be leaving in less then 24 hours for my drive down to baltimore. Wish I could leave earlier and get some decent sleep before the civil exam, but unfortunately work will only give me Friday and Saturday off and I've gotta stick around in western pa till 2230 then drive the 5 hours to baltimore right after work.

I do have a question about the medical exam, I partially tore my MCL back in highschool, will that disqualify me from attending the academy? The injury didn't require surgery, but I've heard from some local police officers that they may not allow me to join.
                        if you can pass the physical agility test, i dont see why it will be an issue. how long ago was high school? can you run without problems?

Comment

• What happens at the medical? Is it just a doctor doing a physical?

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueChord11B View Post
                            What happens at the medical? Is it just a doctor doing a physical?
                            vision test, hearing test, vitals, and i dont remember what else.

Comment

• What has to be brought to the agility test? Just a your DL?
                              NYPD 8132
                              4Q!!
                              July 2012: Praying to God every night

Comment

• Originally posted by bronxbombers27 View Post
                                What has to be brought to the agility test? Just a your DL?
                                Yes

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11295 users online. 405 members and 10890 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X