Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• seems like a lot of people are starting to apply to this department a lot of out of state people. i can say that they are more organized in hiring people than some departments. APO jay you should come back to NYC and run on Saturday im going to start running at the track in Mccarren park lol
    NYPD

sigpic."why you be harassing me and ****"

Comment

• How soon after you put the application in did you all get an invite to the test or do you just register straight for the exam?

Comment

• Nevermind.

So, they offer the exam every Tuesday twice. So just show up to any date that is convenient for you, right?

Comment

• That is correct
          MDRDEP:

There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

• How come some of you guys are taking the test on Fridays? Special dates now? If we take it on a Tuesday and pass, when is the PAT scheduled?

Comment

• They are going down for a two day processing event this weekend. I don't know the answer for the second part, I'm sorry about that.
              MDRDEP:

There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

• Originally posted by PaliBoy20 View Post
                How come some of you guys are taking the test on Fridays? Special dates now? If we take it on a Tuesday and pass, when is the PAT scheduled?
                The recruiters will tell you when to come back for the physical agility at the end of the written test after they figure out who passed and who didn't. I think they have it scheduled for every other week. I might be wrong though. It's been six months since I took mine.

Comment

• I'm curious too if they process people who do two day processing and expedited processes quicker than walk in's.

Comment

• Originally posted by uanick View Post
                    I'm curious too if they process people who do two day processing and expedited processes quicker than walk in's.
                    It's not any quicker overall. It will just save you an extra trip if you are from out of town.

Comment

• That's what I figured, in two days I completed test, agility, paperwork, fingerprinting, and turning in of documents and written psych.

Comment

That's what I figured, in two days I completed test, agility, paperwork, fingerprinting, and turning in of documents and written psych.
                        Really? They really picked up the pace. When I went through, it was a month after the agility before I took the written psych and turned in my documents. The long wait is waiting on a background investigator to be assigned to you and then the background investigation itself. I know BPD is trying to hire 350 this year and they are still working on filling the first class of 50ish trainees. Good luck.

Comment

That's what I figured, in two days I completed test, agility, paperwork, fingerprinting, and turning in of documents and written psych.
                          Exactly how far do you have to be for them to accomodate you like that? I'm from Richmond, VA so I'd say I am about mmm, 5 hours?

Comment

• All I said was that I was out of state and they placed me in an expedited hiring process. I came from the midwest, flew out and made a long weekend of it.

I havent seen another advertisement for an expedited process on their website since.

I'm 7 hours by car.

Comment

• Im driving down from Jersey on the 22nd to take the test. Jersey is laying off like a mother.....

Comment

• ^ Thats what I hear about Jersey. Poor Bastards. I feel bad for all those officers and their families in Camden
                                13O2 Aug '10
                                List: <1000

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7887 users online. 343 members and 7544 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X