300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks Jcioccke,

I guess I was looking at the correct site after all, the county PD is a lot stricter with their agility test and I was kinda worried since the page for the city pd hasn't been updated for a while. (at least the agility page, Updated: 08/06/09; 9:56 am)

Comment

• Originally posted by Dtb5033 View Post
      hey guys, I'm a relatively new guy to the forum. I live in western PA and am interested in joining the baltimore city pd. I plan on going to their recruiting event on the 18th and 19th of feb(this week) and am looking for any pointers. I have heard that the agility test is a breeze compared to any other dept or other city's testing. Is this true? Also I noticed some of you guys/gals were commenting that the class was pushed back a few weeks. If I were to be accepted for the next academy class would I most likely be joining the one that is to be starting in march? One last thing, I'm sorry I'm asking all these questions, Do I need to bring any documentation to take the civil service exam besides a Drivers license or SS Card/Birth Cert? Also I noticed that the County has a waiver that needs to be signed by a doctor before taking the agility test, does the city one also?
      you would not make the march class if you are just starting. plan on 3-5 months. pretty sure BPD does not require a waiver from a doctor.

Comment

• Hey guys.
        Im trying to find decent places to run, like a track or a trail inside of a park maybe. I live in Owings Mills. I've been running in preperation for the Academy. Unfortunately running on a treadmill is my only option right now. Being that the treadmill is easier, I would prefer to run outside.
        Any suggestions?

Comment

• Originally posted by APO Jay View Post
          Hey guys.
          Im trying to find decent places to run, like a track or a trail inside of a park maybe. I live in Owings Mills. I've been running in preperation for the Academy. Unfortunately running on a treadmill is my only option right now. Being that the treadmill is easier, I would prefer to run outside.
          Any suggestions?
          Outside is outside.. run anywhere with a good surface and a few small hills

Comment

• I'm thinking he is looking for an area or place thats good, cleaned up (salt etc) and safe.
            MDRDEP:

There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

• Originally posted by jcioccke View Post
              I'm thinking he is looking for an area or place thats good, cleaned up (salt etc) and safe.
              Thanks for understanding what I'm requesting jcioccke.

To clarify for BPDPLEASE,
              Where I'm from, outside isn't just outside. Depending on where you are outside, you can end up being harassed by drug dealers, crack heads, or you can end up fighting off your neighborhood gang member. I'm trying to avoid those areas. Being that I'm new to Maryland, I'm asking for tracks, trails, or parks to run where I won't have to deal with that.

Comment

• See what happens when you leave NY?? You better find Fab and TGYNY for translation to MD LMAO
                MDRDEP:

There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

• go down to ft. mchenry! they have a nice mile long loop. it's a sweet area too

Comment

• check out the baltimore and annapolis trail (railroad). http://www.aacounty.org/RecParks/par...atrailpark.cfm

Comment

• What part of Owings Mills do you feel usafe going for a jog in?

Every high school in the area has a track you can use. Otherwise there are some trails at the dead end of Groff Mills near Solider Delight.

Worst case...drive your car to the local police precinct and run some of the roads around there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Name Taken View Post
                        What part of Owings Mills do you feel usafe going for a jog in?

Every high school in the area has a track you can use. Otherwise there are some trails at the dead end of Groff Mills near Solider Delight.

Worst case...drive your car to the local police precinct and run some of the roads around there.
                        I haven't been running outdoors, being that I'm new to Owings Mills, I really wouldn't know which areas are unsafe to begin with, if any are. All I'm aware of is that naturally, every city or county has it's safe or unsafe areas. Just trying to see what the opinions were from people who have been living here on decent areas to run. Thanks Uanick, Jvegas, and Name Taken for the info!

Comment

• Originally posted by APO Jay View Post
                          I haven't been running outdoors, being that I'm new to Owings Mills, I really wouldn't know which areas are unsafe to begin with, if any are. All I'm aware of is that naturally, every city or county has it's safe or unsafe areas. Just trying to see what the opinions were from people who have been living here on decent areas to run. Thanks Uanick, Jvegas, and Name Taken for the info!
                          I'm going to start bringing in my running clothes to work so I can run around the inner harbor instead of around my house since I'm detailed at headquarters. Especially this week when the weather is supposed to be excellent outside.
                          Last edited by ArmySFC; 02-14-2011, 09:14 PM.

Comment

• when i take the written friday do i have to bring in the application for employment along with the additional documents or is that for when you are assigned to a BI? just trying to figure out if i need to go to the DMV this week. i know this question was asked a few pages back just want some clarification. thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by jdrama914 View Post
                              when i take the written friday do i have to bring in the application for employment along with the additional documents or is that for when you are assigned to a BI? just trying to figure out if i need to go to the DMV this week. i know this question was asked a few pages back just want some clarification. thanks

As far as I can tell all we need, is to be in business attire and show up for the civil exam on friday. If we pass we will then be invited to the physical exam the next day. I am bringing multiple forms of identification just incase, but from what I can tell they just want you to bring a valid drivers license on the first day. There must be a serious amount of people going to the friday/saturday recruiting session. I know of at least 3-4 co workers that plan on going. I'm leaving right after work (2230) and then driving the five hours to get down there in time.

Comment

• ok thanks dtb. good luck to you

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10673 users online. 361 members and 10312 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X