300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mcheeks23 View Post
    Hamrat, Can you PM me? I would be interested in knowing what places you recommend in Towson and what you don't. Also any suggestions you have for the white marsh area.
    id steer clear from white marsh while in the academy. that will be a far drive.

Comment

• Originally posted by jvegas View Post
      id steer clear from white marsh while in the academy. that will be a far drive.
      Yeah I don't know where your guys academy is, I was just giving a suggestion. If it's far, don't do it. You'll need all the time you can get in the morning!

Comment

• Originally posted by hamrat View Post
        Yeah I don't know where your guys academy is, I was just giving a suggestion. If it's far, don't do it. You'll need all the time you can get in the morning!
        its near pimlico race track, so on the other side of 695.

Comment

• Originally posted by jvegas View Post
          i wasnt talking about MD, specifically.
          MY BAD!!! However when you talk about a Hom. Detective with a $70,000 wardrobe (I cant imagine spending $1,200 for a tie!) there is only one that came to my mind!

Comment

• For anyone that has gone through final processing recently, have they told you when the next academy is? This month? next month?

Comment

• Originally posted by BPDPLEASE View Post
              For anyone that has gone through final processing recently, have they told you when the next academy is? This month? next month?
              Feb 25th is the tentative date I believe

Comment

• Originally posted by NightStix View Post
                MY BAD!!! However when you talk about a Hom. Detective with a $70,000 wardrobe (I cant imagine spending $1,200 for a tie!) there is only one that came to my mind!
                definitely, most dont have a wardrobe like that, but i have seen a couple wear bow ties. funny thing is MD drives a POS car and has a million dollar wardrobe.

Comment

• Originally posted by shibby6615 View Post
                  Feb 25th is the tentative date I believe
                  It's been pushed a back week from what I was told on Thursday.

Comment

• Originally posted by ArmySFC View Post
                    they need more officers or what?

Comment

• Originally posted by BPDPLEASE View Post
                      they need more officers or what?
                      I don't know the exact reason. I was only told that it's been pushed back. Figured the little bit of info would give everyone waiting on the call a glimmer of hope by passing on what little I'm told.

Comment

I don't know the exact reason. I was only told that it's been pushed back. Figured the little bit of info would give everyone waiting on the call a glimmer of hope by passing on what little I'm told.
                        cool. cuz im waiting

Comment

Shocker....we were pushed back 2 weeks so I wouldn't be surprised to see it pushed backed even further

Comment

• It's been pushed back until March 4th.

Comment

• hey guys, I'm a relatively new guy to the forum. I live in western PA and am interested in joining the baltimore city pd. I plan on going to their recruiting event on the 18th and 19th of feb(this week) and am looking for any pointers. I have heard that the agility test is a breeze compared to any other dept or other city's testing. Is this true? Also I noticed some of you guys/gals were commenting that the class was pushed back a few weeks. If I were to be accepted for the next academy class would I most likely be joining the one that is to be starting in march? One last thing, I'm sorry I'm asking all these questions, Do I need to bring any documentation to take the civil service exam besides a Drivers license or SS Card/Birth Cert? Also I noticed that the County has a waiver that needs to be signed by a doctor before taking the agility test, does the city one also?

Comment

• http://www.baltimorepolice.org/join-...ome-an-officer

http://www.baltimorepolice.org/join-...-for-the-tests

http://www.baltimorepolice.org/join-...l-service-test

Scope Of Fitness Testing

Applicants must complete 29 sit-ups within 1 minute.
                                Male applicants must complete a minimum of 20 push-ups within 1 minute.
                                Female applicants must complete a minimum of 10 push-ups within 1 minute.
                                Flexibility: Applicants must be able to sit and reach 16.5 inches.
                                Bench Press: Applicants must bench press 64% of their body weight at least one time.
                                1.5 mile run: Applicants must complete the 1.5 mile run within 16:28 minutes.
                                Glock familiarization; Police Officer Trainee Applicants must have the ability to control and dry fire a departmental .40 caliber Glock Pistol. Police Officer Trainee Applicants must demonstrate the ability to charge the pistol with their strong hand and weak hand. Applicants must be able to release the magazine from the pistol using both strong hand and weak hand.
                                Applicants must have 20/40 one eye 20/100 other eye, corrected to 20/20 in both eyes with glasses, with 75% depth perception. Applicants must have the ability to recognize basic colors. Contact lenses must be removed for a minimum of 24 hours before eyes are tested without lenses.
                                MDRDEP:

There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9894 users online. 505 members and 9389 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X