300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jay116 View Post
    How long does the medical usually last? Do the questions on the form have to be filled out before you arrive or do you fill it out at mercy? Might seem obvious to other's but I like to be 100% clear
    My BI told me to fill it out beforehand but wait until the medical appointment before signing it.

Comment

• I received my call for final processing which will occur next week. I want to thank everyone for sharing their advice and experiences its really helped me out a lot throughout this process. I look forward to meeting many of you at the end of the month.

Comment

• has anyone heard anything on the next planned academy after feb?

Comment

• Originally posted by uanick View Post
          has anyone heard anything on the next planned academy after feb?
          Nope.

Comment

• thanks army & congrats mcheeks and everyone else who's made this academy so far

Comment

• Originally posted by Mcheeks23 View Post
              I received my call for final processing which will occur next week. I want to thank everyone for sharing their advice and experiences its really helped me out a lot throughout this process. I look forward to meeting many of you at the end of the month.
              When did u finish ur whole process?

Comment

• january 11

Comment

• congrats to the new hires. with the academy date not set, you should have lots of time to prepare mentally and physically. dont be one of the few that wastes their time, the dept's money, and another good applicants chance by dropping out during the academy.

Comment

• Anybody have any luck finding apartments or townhomes with a decent police discount? Would like something between Owings Mills and Towson areas.

Comment

• There's one in Owings Mills that gives a good discount...cant really say I'd live there though.

I'd look into Cockeysville...there are some good ones on Cranbrook Road.

Comment

• I would recommend getting a short term lease and planning on moving around the time you get your assignment. Consider not unpacking anything that's not critical.

Example: You move to White Marsh, but get assigned to SWD. You have to either take the Beltway around, the tunnel through, or the city streets over just to get to work. You're looking at over an hour communte when you're on day shift.

I lived in White Marsh and drove in to ED. It usually took around 40 minutes in the morning. Meanwhile, I've got a friend who lived in Rosedale and was assigned to ED too. His commute was somewhere around ten minutes.

It might seem like something petty now, but with unplanned overtime, short shift changes, and just peace of mind, you might want to put more thought into where you hang your hat than just how cheap you can get it.

Comment

• Originally posted by HatTrick5oh View Post
                          Anybody have any luck finding apartments or townhomes with a decent police discount? Would like something between Owings Mills and Towson areas.
                          If you decide to go to Towson let me know so I can steer you away from some...I have a place in White Marsh though that is really good and gives a small discount.

Comment

• Hamrat, Can you PM me? I would be interested in knowing what places you recommend in Towson and what you don't. Also any suggestions you have for the white marsh area.

Comment

• Originally posted by jvegas View Post
                              depends on what type of Detective. homicide? wear a $2,000 suit with a bow tie and fedora and be clean shaven. DDU? as you stated and with a close cut goatee. VCIS? sweat pants, tactical vest, and puma track jacket (mines on order) with a long goatee or beard and a faux hawk. Family Crimes? who really cares (jk).
                              Thank God he's the only one that does it! However he doesn't wear bow ties.

Comment

• Originally posted by NightStix View Post
                                Thank God he's the only one that does it! However he doesn't wear bow ties.
                                i wasnt talking about MD, specifically.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7764 users online. 173 members and 7591 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X