300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SportsterChop View Post
    Yes, I'm waiting to meet/be assigned a BI. The last thing I did was come in and fill out the long background info, that was first week of November. I've called and been told that I am moving on to the next step, just waiting on contact/being assigned. Don't get me wrong, waiting to move on is better than not moving on, but I'm on month 9 now, and watching others zip through in 2-3 months.
    Thats crazy, if they said you were being assigned thats good, my buddy is in the same boat waiting for a BI but he thinks it something he put down on that first initial questioniare, as far as his personal backround,

Comment

• Gentlemen,

I just got the call! Final processing on Monday. WOOOHOOO!

Comment

• Originally posted by 6010GOTASHOT? View Post
        Gentlemen,

I just got the call! Final processing on Monday. WOOOHOOO!

Congrats Man!

Comment

• I appreciate it Junior.

This site was a gold mine for knowledge about the process. I want to give a big thank you to folks like Fab, JVegas, APO Jay, Army SFC. They gave me some great info.

Comment

• Thats awesome my friend- Congratulations!!!!!!!!
            MDRDEP:

There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

• Originally posted by 6010GOTASHOT? View Post
              I appreciate it Junior.

This site was a gold mine for knowledge about the process. I want to give a big thank you to folks like Fab, JVegas, APO Jay, Army SFC. They gave me some great info.
              Congratz bro welcome aboard......
              The Few, The Proud, The Marines...

Comment

• Originally posted by APO Jay View Post
                I see why jvegas recommended the Quartermaster
                free parking, a great Sgt (ask him about his cameo in The Wire), and you will meet many people that you will encounter at some point in your career. some will actually matter, so make a good impression with each. when i was detailed there, I met some people who i later learned were important within E&T. they remembered me and that i was professional, and that paid off for me later.

Comment

• So what kind of questions do they ask on the polygraph? I'm going to start the application process this month
                  Last edited by dcrowley23; 09-24-2011, 09:51 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by dcrowley23 View Post
                    So what kind of questions do they ask on the polygraph? I'm going to start the application process this month.
                    anything that is in the background questionnaire will be on the poly. they may ask if you researched the poly, so i would just leave the answer at that.

Comment

• Originally posted by jvegas View Post
                      anything that is in the background questionnaire will be on the poly. they may ask if you researched the poly, so i would just leave the answer at that.
                      Sounds good, thanks. I can't wait to get the ball rolling on the application!

2 more questions. I had a minor surgery a few weeks ago. After next week I will not have any restrictions on physical activity. Will this cause any issues? Second, if I want to join the Marine Reserves, would it be possible to get accepted, but hold off on the Academy until I'm done all my initial training for the Marines?
                      Last edited by dcrowley23; 02-02-2011, 07:33 PM.

Comment

• do we have to bring anything to the p.o exam? i'm going later this month an i know about being in business attire, an having your D.L. ..is there anything else? thanks in advance
                        one man wolf pak

Comment

• How often are academies?

Comment

• Originally posted by SportsterChop View Post
                            Yes, I'm waiting to meet/be assigned a BI. The last thing I did was come in and fill out the long background info, that was first week of November. I've called and been told that I am moving on to the next step, just waiting on contact/being assigned. Don't get me wrong, waiting to move on is better than not moving on, but I'm on month 9 now, and watching others zip through in 2-3 months.
                            did u take the written psych on the first week of november? if so i'm in the same boat as u. they said they'd call in two months and its been three months waiting for a call to meet with my bi.

Comment

• Originally posted by dcrowley23 View Post

2 more questions. I had a minor surgery a few weeks ago. After next week I will not have any restrictions on physical activity. Will this cause any issues? Second, if I want to join the Marine Reserves, would it be possible to get accepted, but hold off on the Academy until I'm done all my initial training for the Marines?
                              if you want to join the reserves, dont start processing for a while. you need to figure out if you want to be a cop or a reservist before you apply to either. if you get hired with a dept and are 5 and 3/4 months in and get deployed, you will be recycled and forced to start from scratch.

Comment

• Originally posted by TANNER100
                                For all of the guys who are in the process how long was it after you took the written psych/documents hand in before you were contacted by someone from BPD to update you on your status?
                                they dont really update you ever. they call to schedule the next step and that [usually] means you are "ok".

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10667 users online. 212 members and 10455 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X