Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• forget the briefcase. go in with a nice new duty belt on. preferably Leopard skin, if you can find it.
    MDRDEP:

There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

• Originally posted by vrsimmel View Post
      So i have an interview for a County department and WAS WONDERING IF i COULD GET AN OPINION ON BRIEFCASES FOR THE INTERVIEW????
      I dont know about county but I've been to a few interviews in the last year, none of which required bringing extra documents warranting a briefcase or other male carry-alls. You usually can't look at note cards or a resume during the interview so memorize your strengths, weaknesses, attributes and just be honest like these guys said.

I've also aced all but my first interview so hit me up with a PM if you need another point of view.
      13O2 Aug '10
      List: <1000

Comment

• Originally posted by ArmySFC View Post
        Leopard skin. Make sure you get the matching pair of leopard shoes and a felt hat with a feather in it. The County guys love those.
        Originally posted by jcioccke View Post
        forget the briefcase. go in with a nice new duty belt on. preferably Leopard skin, if you can find it.
        I don't understand why you guys won't give this person an honest answer.

The key to dressing for an interview is to dress for the job you want, not the job you have.

So, if you want to be a detective, you should wear a short sleeved dress shirt with a tie and shoulder holster. If you want to be on the SWAT team, dress in black BDUs, and don't forget the balaclava. If you want to be a motorcycle cop, bring some leather chaps and a helmet.

It's really not that complicated.

Comment

• I'm all done gentlemen. The wait begins for that phone call

Comment

• Originally posted by espantoon View Post
            I don't understand why you guys won't give this person an honest answer.

The key to dressing for an interview is to dress for the job you want, not the job you have.

So, if you want to be a detective, you should wear a short sleeved dress shirt with a tie and shoulder holster. If you want to be on the SWAT team, dress in black BDUs, and don't forget the balaclava. If you want to be a motorcycle cop, bring some leather chaps and a helmet.

It's really not that complicated.
            depends on what type of Detective. homicide? wear a $2,000 suit with a bow tie and fedora and be clean shaven. DDU? as you stated and with a close cut goatee. VCIS? sweat pants, tactical vest, and puma track jacket (mines on order) with a long goatee or beard and a faux hawk. Family Crimes? who really cares (jk).

Comment

• Originally posted by jvegas View Post
              wear a $2,000 suit with a bow tie and fedora and be clean shaven.
              You know, I've only met that one 2100 guy a couple of times. I've got to admit he's pretty impressive.

Comment

• Originally posted by espantoon View Post
                You know, I've only met that one 2100 guy a couple of times. I've got to admit he's pretty impressive.
                I just ran into him on Friday. Totally distinguished guy.
                Neither a Republican nor Democrat, both parties are hopelessly flawed.

RIP to all my fallen brothers and sisters in blue I hope one day I can live up to your legacies because you live forever in my mind.

To anyone non-LEO don't get it twisted. Us officers may disagree on politics, sports, and any other issue but we will always be brothers and sisters at the end of the day and have each others back. To think otherwise is stupid.

Comment

• Originally posted by MeBPD View Post
                  I just ran into him on Friday. Totally distinguished guy.
                  Heard his wardrobe was worth 70g's, and I believe it...

Comment

• so whats the waiting time frame to get THE CALL so far from people thats gotten it?

Comment

• do you lose sleep over waiting for the next call or what dude?
                      Last edited by 02paul09; 01-30-2011, 08:21 PM.
                      Originally posted by Rudy8116
                      The only reason I have one in the chamber at all times is because it is impossible to have two in.

Originally posted by CruiserClass
                      OC is my last option. I've never met anyone immune to electricity or physics.

Comment

• What kind of phone call are you waiting on? whether your a baby daddy or not? THAT would be stressfull...

Comment

• Originally posted by BPDPLEASE View Post
                          so whats the waiting time frame to get THE CALL so far from people thats gotten it?
                          6010GOTASHOT is still waiting on his. Mine was about a week after my investigator was finished with my background. It all depends on your investigator and how much they need to finish up your background from the sound of it. I know it's hard but you shouldn't think about it too much. Work out like you made it already so you're not caught off guard when you do get the call on the last minute. If nothing else, the exercise will take your mind off of the wait and direct that nervous energy into something positive. Oh, and be careful and don't get run over or slip on a patch of ice if you're running outside. I almost cracked my head open this morning scooting down the street. Don't want to break yourself before it even begins.

Comment

• Originally posted by uanick View Post
                            What kind of phone call are you waiting on? whether your a baby daddy or not? THAT would be stressfull...
                            no thanks. lol

Comment

• Originally posted by uanick View Post
                              What kind of phone call are you waiting on? whether your a baby daddy or not? THAT would be stressfull...
                              I've had to wait for that call, definitely no fun, especially when its a spring break chick.
                              Neither a Republican nor Democrat, both parties are hopelessly flawed.

RIP to all my fallen brothers and sisters in blue I hope one day I can live up to your legacies because you live forever in my mind.

To anyone non-LEO don't get it twisted. Us officers may disagree on politics, sports, and any other issue but we will always be brothers and sisters at the end of the day and have each others back. To think otherwise is stupid.

Comment

• Originally posted by BPDPLEASE View Post
                                so whats the waiting time frame to get THE CALL so far from people thats gotten it?
                                5 weeks

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 13786 users online. 395 members and 13391 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X