300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jcioccke View Post
    Really? WOW I would think it's just as bad if not worse.
    My Opinion on driving in Baltimore vs. driving in NYC.

So far, I find that driving in Baltimore city and county is a PICNIC compared to driving in NYC. I actually drove around this week,..and my findings are as follows:

I have not had to get into "tactical" driving mode (which every New Yorker has to have) to get where I need to be on time,
    Not 1 person has cut me off yet ( which is significant, because upon crossing any bridge connecting to NYC your chances of getting cut off by another driver immediately increases to 87.9 %),
    I have not had to spend ridiculous amounts of time in rush hour traffic ( You can make 5 new friends a day in NYC, having driver-side convo with the other cars stuck in Rush Hour traffic along with you),
    Not one taxi cab driver has stopped dam near perpendicular to the sidewalk in the middle of a 2 lane street to pick up any passenger, and then curse YOU out for honking at him ( Taxi drivers in NYC are a drivers worst nightmare)

Needless to say,...I like driving here.
    Last edited by APO Jay; 01-26-2011, 10:22 PM.

Comment

• Really can't wait to get a call to set up my BI meeting and do the polygraph .. they told me I would get everything I needed to get done in a 3 day stay

Comment

• Originally posted by APO Jay View Post

So far, I find that driving in Baltimore city and county is a PICNIC compared to driving in NYC. I actually drove around this week,..and my findings are as follows:

I have not had to get into "tactical" driving mode (which every New Yorker has to have) to get where I need to be on time,
        Not 1 person has cut me off yet ( which is significant, because upon crossing any bridge connecting to NYC your chances of getting cut off by another driver immediately increases to 87.9 %),
        I have not had to spend ridiculous amounts of time in rush hour traffic ( You can make 5 new friends a day in NYC, having driver-side convo with the other cars stuck in Rush Hour traffic along with you),
        Not one taxi cab driver has stopped dam near perpendicular to the sidewalk in the middle of a 2 lane street to pick up any passenger, and then curse YOU out for honking at him ( Taxi drivers in NYC are a drivers worst nightmare)

hey you became a better driver because of NYC. you think your cool now lol
        NYPD

sigpic."why you be harassing me and ****"

Comment

• I have not had to get into "tactical" driving mode (which every New Yorker has to have) to get where I need to be on time,
          This place you speak of, sounds like Utopia brother.

5 new friends LMAO OMG ain't that the truth and that's just getting on the BQE.
          MDRDEP:

There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

• Originally posted by APO Jay View Post

When you drive back to nyc after being here for a while its funny to watch your stress lvl and driving style revert back to the old way to survive lol..
            The Few, The Proud, The Marines...

Comment

• Originally posted by Leohopefull90 View Post
              Not even a week has passed since my agility and I got a call today to do my psych written, hand in documents and meet the bi next week, great process thus far.
              That's about the fastest part of the process right there...
              The Few, The Proud, The Marines...

Comment

• When you drive back to nyc after being here for a while its funny to watch your stress lvl and driving style revert back to the old way to survive lol..
                LMAO I was in Texas for a month once, the lowest stress level I had in years while commuting. By the end of the month I was waiving people in, smiling at the car next to me and could drive 10 miles in 15 minutes.

Landed in Newark (don't ask) and almost got killed from being away so long. By the time I got to the LIE I was waiving to those next to me, nobody was getting into my line and lastly the person behind me or in the lane I needed to get in had brakes and better be prepared to use them because I'm coming.
                Last edited by jcioccke; 01-27-2011, 06:26 AM.
                MDRDEP:

Comment

• Got the official phone call finally. Final processing next week. Can't wait to get started! Good luck to everyone waiting on the call.

Comment

• That's Great Army so happy to hear that for you!!! Good Luck!!!!
                    MDRDEP:

Comment

• So i'm here at recruitment to take my Polygraph again. I passed every test including my first Polygraph. Why am I being ask to take it again?
                      PG
                      written-2/19/11-passed
                      Agility-2/19/11-passed
                      BPD
                      written- 11/??/10-passed
                      Agility-12/??/10-passed
                      Psych- 1/11/10- Passed
                      Polygraph1- 01/13/11. Passed
                      Polygraph2-1/28/11 passed
                      Medical Ex -01/7/11. Passed
                      Oral Psych- 01/??/11. Passed
                      Final background- ??

Mpd
                      written-passed
                      interview- passed

G-burg
                      written- passed 10/10
                      Agility- passed
                      panel interview- passed
                      Fairfax
                      written-02/17/11
                      interview-02/17/11

Comment

• Asks your BI Mike then you will have the CORRECT answer. Good Luck I hate Poly's
                        MDRDEP:

Comment

• Originally posted by jcioccke View Post
                          Asks your BI Mike then you will have the CORRECT answer. Good Luck I hate Poly's
                          She said it was something on their part not anything I did, plus she's not here today.
                          PG
                          written-2/19/11-passed
                          Agility-2/19/11-passed
                          BPD
                          written- 11/??/10-passed
                          Agility-12/??/10-passed
                          Psych- 1/11/10- Passed
                          Final background- ??

Mpd
                          written-passed
                          interview- passed

G-burg
                          written- passed 10/10
                          Agility- passed
                          panel interview- passed
                          Fairfax
                          written-02/17/11
                          interview-02/17/11

Comment

• I've been in the process since September, my bi just turned in my paperwork a couple weeks ago , so she says, I passed all my tests and am now waiting on a phone just like everyone else , I think I'm in the pool for the Feb 25th , its stressful waiting, plus I hate my current job soooo much.

Comment

• So I passed but something came up which I find really weird it did what are my chances of still getting in
                              PG
                              written-2/19/11-passed
                              Agility-2/19/11-passed
                              BPD
                              written- 11/??/10-passed
                              Agility-12/??/10-passed
                              Psych- 1/11/10- Passed
                              Final background- ??

Mpd
                              written-passed
                              interview- passed

G-burg
                              written- passed 10/10
                              Agility- passed
                              panel interview- passed
                              Fairfax
                              written-02/17/11
                              interview-02/17/11

Comment

• Originally posted by MDMike View Post
                                So I passed but something came up which I find really weird it did what are my chances of still getting in

a pass is a pass. there is no "score" to rank you against others, concerning the poly.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 13786 users online. 395 members and 13391 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X