Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do applicants for the cadet program take all the same tests as applicants going straight into the academy?

How soon do you have to take the physical test after taking the civil test, or can you take it when you feel you are ready?

Comment

• I believe you take all the same tests EXCEPT the trigger pull. The cadets do not do the trigger pull. There was a couple at my agility test this past saturday.

I do not think you have to take the agility right away, they hold the agility test every saturday at 7:45am sharp. I wouldn't sweat it though, you don't do every thing right after each...you have an hour or more inbetween each station. It's a very laid back low key agility test. The staff are nice though a little less than organized and the mile and a half run is really only slightly more than a mile....so i wouldn't sweat it unless your really out of shape.

Comment

• No freeze for baltimore so if i were you come do the 4 days.

Comment

• Originally posted by ArmyAndrew21
          Hi there all. I recently received a condition offer from the Washington State Patrol an a academy start date for March, then 4 days later the academy was canceled because of budget problems. I only really have an interest working for a state police or a large city pd, which is why I'm interested in Baltimore. I'm manly concerned with the Baltimore budget and if I would possibly wasting a lot of money coming to Baltimore if there were a freeze to happen. I don't want something like I stated above happen again to me.

Also can anyone who has done the out-of-state testing give me some info on it. All I know is you come out for 4 days and if you pass each step you complete every step of the process in 4 days, then your background is completed afterwards.

Thanks.

From what I've heard and their pushing for more classes, I doubt there will be a freeze. But of course, I could be way off on that so my opinion on that means nothing.

As far as the 4-day process when I did it.. It was the the first weekend of the month. The first day I did most of everything. I took the written test, filled out everything for the Psych.. Went over the application I filled out (which I guess counts as an interview... But it's not really an interview), and did the physical assessment test. I was there for about 12 hours the first day (Friday).

The second day I think I came in for like an hour or two. Most of it was just waiting for the Psych Doctor. I spent like 5 min with the Doctor and that was it for the day.

The third day I went in for the Polygraph test.

And I think I didn't do anything for the fourth day.

Then I believe they did my background and I think 27 days from my first day of testing they called me up and offered me the job. I started a few weeks before the academy, at which time I got all of my gear and worked in Central Records until the Academy started. I do hear that the academy did go from 28 weeks to 24 weeks, so that must be nice.

Remember though, this is all from memory so I may have missed something about the process when I went through but you get the jist. Also the disclaimer, I'm sure they change it every time they do the out of state processing so your experience probably won't mirror mine exactly, but again you get the jist. If you wanna go for it, I say go for it.

Goodluck.

Comment

• If for whatever reason you fail the agility test can you retake it? if so how long do you have to wait?

Comment

• If you fail it, which you shouldn't cause it's easy. They give you 30 days to retake the part you failed. At least that's what they said during the day I was there.

Comment

• Just got the call for a final interview next week and to start the academy on 12/29 - not 12/19. Still a short Hell Week!!!!

Should I take this and not worry about MDTA? I don't want to be bored!!

Comment

• Originally posted by DRSJCP View Post
                  Just got the call for a final interview next week and to start the academy on 12/29 - not 12/19. Still a short Hell Week!!!!

Should I take this and not worry about MDTA? I don't want to be bored!!
                  hell week doesnt start until the following week. if the week is short, hell week is extended. we had hell 2months. the first friday is only orientation and a pt test. congrats! i would take the job and if mdta hires you, you can go from there. just realize that you can pass everything with mdta and still not get hired. it happened to me, and my cousin was a captain with them until his retirement last oct.

Comment

• jvegas, what about lunch? Do they have cafeteria or do you bring your own?

Comment

• what ever you do, dont bring your duty weapon to iguana cantina
                      "Sometimes there is Justice and sometimes there is Just Us"

Comment

• I've been there once without a weapon and it was bad enough. Not my scene. I hear the best clubs are in D.C.

PaulPo - you bring your own.

Comment

• Hey DRSJCP, What's final interview? What are the steps in application process?
                          Last edited by PaulPo; 12-10-2008, 08:13 PM.

Comment

• Written, Physical agility, then they had me do the written psych/personality test of 608 questions, then the actual psyche in Towson, then poly, then medical exam. Others would know more about the final interview - suspect its a "do you know what you're getting into" talk with maybe a shopping list of things to buy before the academy.

Regarding the physical agility test, don't go until you know you can pass it.

Just got done talking to a Sergeant with BCPD who served with Peter Moskos, author of Cop in the Hood. He said its all good stuff, he has the book on his bedside table.

Comment

• Sorry to bug you but when did you take your written exam?

Psyche at Towson, what was that like?

Medical exam. Are they like a thorough exam? I took one for Fairfax county and they are meticulous. I had to bring 3 days worth of stool samples! Imagine keeping an envelope with your sh*t smeared on it for a week!!

Oh. I took the written and Agility last week and passed both. I got some interview tomorrow for turning in papers.
                              Last edited by PaulPo; 12-10-2008, 08:31 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by PaulPo View Post
                                I had to bring 3 days worth of stool samples! Imagine keeping an envelope with your sh*t smeared on it for a week!!

Thanks to this post my friend's and my stomach hurt...

from laughing so hard.

I'll make sure to read your posts more often. Thanks for that.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9101 users online. 499 members and 8602 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X