X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OMG, LMAO!!!!!!!!! I Sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by NightStix
      All I know is that you can get "Away" with a "LOT" more stuff in the ED than you can anywhere else.
      According to the BPD Media Unit, crime is down significantly in the Eastern District:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZoR9CtVfzE

Comment

B-more and Night,

What do you guys think about the Pennsylvania Ave. area?
        "Intelligence plus character that is the goal of true education." - Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

BMOREDOG, a good friend of mine is a DEA agent, and is working in BMore city knocking down doors. He LOVES it, he says there is something EVERY day. The Feds aren't hiring til 09 though You must never have a boring day. I friend I grew up around is a City cop, Rob Steinberg, do you know him?

Comment

Originally posted by BadBoynMD
            B-more and Night,

What do you guys think about the Pennsylvania Ave. area?
            I was detailed to a unit that went all over the city, but I just never spent much time in that particular area. But in my opinion, its all the same. Pennsylvania, Greenmount, Madison, Lower ends of Harford and Belair, Park Heights, North Ave., Edmundson, Fulton. You name a district...there is Pennsylvania Ave in it...just different faces.
            GO CAVS!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dustin H
              BMOREDOG, a good friend of mine is a DEA agent, and is working in BMore city knocking down doors. He LOVES it, he says there is something EVERY day. The Feds aren't hiring til 09 though You must never have a boring day. I friend I grew up around is a City cop, Rob Steinberg, do you know him?
              Can't say I know him. But there are quite a few of us. I might be able to recognize him by face.
              GO CAVS!!

Comment

Cant say I know him as well. Spent my whole time in the Eastern.

I'll leave it alone about crime being down.

I've only driven by Pennsy Ave. All I can tell you is that there are ALWAYS people out there in vast numbers.

Comment

Spoke to a Recruitment Unit Officer again to set up my out of state testing for this summer. He said I didn't need to register or anything. "Just show up at Headquarters on the testing day." Unfortunately he was not exactly the most informative guy, he certainly didn't volunteer any additional information. Candidates must be knocking down the doors! I asked about the oral board and he just said, "Yes, there is an interview."

Well, gotta continue to whip myself into shape for the battery of tests and PAT.

Again B-More Dawg, NightStix, thanks for all your input. I appreciate it.

Comment

I spent six years in Baltimore and I saw some things there I haven't ever seen anywhere else.

Like "testers" (the free heroin samples given out to promote a new brand), like seeing two homicides committed while on surveillance, like being on more foot and car chases (and often chasing people on bicycles) than I think I have ever been on everywhere else combined, doing more high risk entries (well over a thousand in that six year period) for search and arrest warrants, many times hitting the same place several times), people with master's degrees who had become heroin junkies and were working as touts or lookouts all day for a cap of heroin when they got there and a cap when they were done, being in a fight on the ground, having a white shirt slow down, look, and keep going, like finding out that a "doctor" was someone who was good at finding veins and injecting heroin in junkies whose veins had all collapsed, actually working with one of the guys who was in the book "Homicide", getting breakfast at Jimmy's(?) in Fell's Point after early morning raids, seeing all of the strip clubs across the street from the PD, seeing some of the worst prosecutors I had ever seen in my life, and getting to know some of the best street cops I have ever worked with.

I don't think I could have done 20 years there. Five years there is a like a career in most places.

Comment

Sounds like you never had a dull day on the job with BPD. Although, it does concern me that many ex-BPD officers I've spoken to or are on this forum did not stay on with Baltimore City more than five or six years. Makes it seem like turnover/burnout is common. Personally, I'm excited for the challenge of getting on and going to work for BPD, I would love to be one of Baltimore's finest.

That tester thing is unheard of out west. Then again heroin is scarce here, at least compared to meth and cocaine.

White Shirts are commanders, Majors or above, right? That is unbelievable!

Thanks for sharing your experiences.

Comment

Its very easy to get burned out here. Very, and I mean VERY rarely are there days when not too much is going on. As I'm typing this they just "followed" a vehicle and a foot chase ensued. Thats why I love the rain. Everyday something is bound to happen. As it was stated earlier, you learn so much more here in 5 years than most do their entire career. You dont have a choice, its the nature of the beast. I've met some BCoPD guys that have never been to, or seen a murder. I lost count within my first year. Saw my first body within the first 2 weeks of Field Training. Drugs, they are rampant. You can get a pill on pretty much every street corner here, legally. Have to give credit where it is due though, the entire city isn't like this, but as I've stated in other posts, the bad areas here, are REALLY bad.

When you get 7 people shot in one weekend, in separate incidents, in a 2.2sq. mile area, I would think thats its not a safe place.

Comment

When you get 7 people shot in one weekend, in separate incidents, in a 2.2sq. mile area, I would think thats its not a safe place.
                          We heard you guys have been having a bad month. We had ours last month. This summer is going to be ridiculous.
                          GO CAVS!!

Comment

Originally posted by Kashihara
                            That tester thing is unheard of out west. Then again heroin is scarce here, at least compared to meth and cocaine.
                            They do crack testers too!

I vivdly remember standing at North and Pennsylvania one hot August day, back before they gated off the walkway around the west end of the Metro Station. Somebody threw testers over the wall from behind Arch Social and the crackheads swarmed the walkway. They were knocking each other over to get the testers.
                            In God we trust, all others are run MILES and NCIC.

Comment

LOL They have testers for everything, however I dont think I ever saw one for weed. That is one of the funniest things in the world to watch. When they are giving out testers, especially when the Po Po comes around. They throw the bag up and its like kindengarteners going after candy. Yeah, its been rough. The quad didnt help either. Oh well, job security.

Comment

LOL They have testers for everything, however I dont think I ever saw one for weed.
                                True, never thought about that but very true.
                                In God we trust, all others are run MILES and NCIC.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8131 users online. 394 members and 7737 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X