300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dand2 View Post

I heard the academy is a piece of cake from a few mont county officers but we'll see.

Dan
    you heard which academy is a piece of cake? BPD? if so, you will be in for a surprise. you will be running about 8 miles on some days. if you have certain instructors, that i had, you will be getting smoked steadily for the first 4 months in full uniform with vest. dont go into it thinking that its a piece of cake, youll get your *** handed to you. depending on your age, your weight may end up killing you on the coopers scale. expect to be able to do at least 60 pushups, 115% of your body weight, run the mile and half in under 13.5, and do about 50 sit ups within the minute. i know those arent the strictest numbers, but if you arent used to those activities, it may hurt you.

Comment

• .."if you have certain instructors, that i had, you will be getting smoked steadily for the first 4 months in full uniform with vest. "

I guess you must be talking about P.O. ********. I bet he still weighs 150 lbs. soaking wet. I see he still bullies P.O.T's to compensate for it. LMAO
      Last edited by the.lost.one; 12-14-2008, 09:52 AM.

Comment

• Actually I thought it was pretty easy, however I just got out of the Marine Corps when I got hired here.

Comment

• I am sure by the end of the academy if i make it that far into the process that I will be able to do it in 13 minutes. I can bench 265, can do 100 push ups and the run I am doing in about 16-16.5 minutes which when I started running in Sept, I couldn't even complete a full 1/4 mile lap, so I am on my way...... The sit ups will be no problem. I may be heavy but I am not a lard *****.. So in 6 months i sure the heck better be able to be to the cooper standards.

I never said that I thought it would be a piece of cake....it's what I heard through the LE grapevine. I work out at an MMA school that has a lot of Mont County officers, so I get my info through them. When he said a piece of cake, he was probably referring to the academics part...but whats cake for one may not be for others so it's not info I am going by.

The only thing that may hurt me right now is my shin splints which I am seeing a dr for on Monday. I just need to make it through the agility run..but again from what the recruit offer told me, I shouldn't worry about failing that, they are very lenient.....i guess their thing is push as many through and if they make it through the academy then they made out in the end... i dunno. I am from CT and if you couldn't be within cooper standards during the agility, you would fail the process, no leniency up there.
          Last edited by dand2; 12-03-2008, 11:20 PM.

Comment

• Advice on the shin splints (I ran track in Highschool) you are limited on what you can atually do to help those. Ice works well (Up and down along the shin bones). Or the two tricks I learned over the years;

1.) Take a towel and roll it, not a bath towel, and squeeze it with your toes.

2.) Using only your toes, pick up marbles and drop them into a container.

Bottom line with shin splints was to stretch it.

Comment

• What are the physical requirements in the academy? How much sit ups, and push ups are required etc...

Comment

• Here is a link to what looks like a 2007 version of the Cooper Standard: http://des.utah.gov/post/pdf/PT.pdf

Maybe some guys in the academy can comment from it.

Comment

• long day today

tomorrow is my agility, we'll see how the shins work tomorrow. Spent all day today taking some 1000+ question psychological test...pictures taken, documents collected, fingerprinted.....i am tired...only 2 hrs sleep......

Comment

• when is the next hiring process for BMORE city?
                    jay-real daniel future LE

MD Dept. of Corrections (hagerstown)
                    11/1/2008 - Written (passed test)
                    12/23/2008 - Interview
                    Baltimore Co. Process
                    thanks but no thanks letter

Comment

• agility complete

Did the agility today, man was it easy. Their 1.5 mile is more like 1.15 miles. Completed in 13.40 minutes....but many failed....so i feel some what good..

Comment

• Originally posted by dand2 View Post
                        Did the agility today, man was it easy. Their 1.5 mile is more like 1.15 miles. Completed in 13.40 minutes....but many failed....so i feel some what good..
                        Congrats bro. Good luck.

Comment

• Originally posted by the.lost.one View Post
                          .."if you have certain instructors, that i had, you will be getting smoked steadily for the first 4 months in full uniform with vest. "

I guess you must be talking about P.O. Belechto. I bet he still weighs 150 lbs. soaking wet. I see he still bullies P.O.T's to compensate for it. LMAO
                          ha, hes a softy compared to the instructors we had. hes 150lbs wet and with a 45lb plate on his back.

Comment

• Yea he's in charge of the exams now. Pretty cool guy IMO. No where near as hard as the other instructors.

Comment

• Originally posted by Icekold View Post
                              Yea he's in charge of the exams now. Pretty cool guy IMO. No where near as hard as the other instructors.
                              ^ yOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!!! ROTFL.
                              Last edited by the.lost.one; 12-14-2008, 09:52 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by the.lost.one View Post
                                ^ yOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!!! ROTFL. Is P.O Rivera, P.O Edwards, P.O Cox, P.O Bilheimer, Stg. Jackson, Lt. Howe or Mj. Young still at the academy?
                                Lt. Howe and Maj. Young are gone. The rest you named are still there.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11097 users online. 400 members and 10697 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X