Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone know how overtime is??? if there is alot or it is hard to find? also if you have to work foot beats for so long in Baltimore. thanks

Comment

• I hope so. I want some over time

Comment

• Originally posted by vrsimmel View Post
        Anyone know how overtime is??? if there is alot or it is hard to find? also if you have to work foot beats for so long in Baltimore. thanks
        OT is scarce now, as it is at the beginning of every year. my unit has OT available every Sunday and Monday 5-1am, I average about 24 hours per pay check. dont expect much OT in patrol, other than the occasional late arrest, or if you can pick up OT at the baseball or football games. most people walk foot for a couple months after graduating.

Comment

• Originally posted by MeBPD View Post
          Vegas did you know him?
          did not know him

Comment

• Originally posted by jvegas View Post
            OT is scarce now, as it is at the beginning of every year. my unit has OT available every Sunday and Monday 5-1am, I average about 24 hours per pay check. dont expect much OT in patrol, other than the occasional late arrest, or if you can pick up OT at the baseball or football games. most people walk foot for a couple months after graduating.
            How far is the area they expect you to walk on beat?

Comment

• Do the officers have one basic patrol uniform or do they have BDU'S like some departments that u can wear also?

Comment

• Originally posted by BPDPLEASE View Post
                Do the officers have one basic patrol uniform or do they have BDU'S like some departments that u can wear also?
                patrol is class B, only. other units wear BDUs with "POLICE" polo shirts with boots, and then there are plain clothes (not really under cover) units such as VCIS, and then there is vice (both related but complicated to explain). there are so many "specialized" units within BPD that any worker can expect to get into one if they want to.
                Last edited by jvegas; 01-10-2011, 01:49 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BPDPLEASE View Post
                  How far is the area they expect you to walk on beat?
                  depends. usually its a few blocks. foot units dont answer calls for service. their main function is to deter crime by showing presence on the street and to back up other units. some people are on foot for screwing up, those officers may be expected to answer calls on their post. the new officers that are on foot are part of CSU or DSU, whatever they are called for that week. CSU does not answer calls.

Comment

• Thanx for the info

Comment

• Originally posted by MDLegend19 View Post
                      I am a crim major and it has been brought up in the past in one of my classes. Also, I have recieved a camera ticket before and it clearly states it on the paper.
                      Well then by all means you are correct since you are CJ major? What LE experience do you have to back this up. You have a LEO from Maryland in here who has stated he has run names and it shows up.

Next thing is, where did you receive your speed camera ticket at? Each agency/town will operate differently on how they seek funds for the camera tickets. They are not like a Uniformed citation where the money goes to the state.
                      "An excuse is worse and more terrible than a lie, for an excuse is a lie guarded."

Comment

• Originally posted by irishlad2nv View Post
                        Well then by all means you are correct since you are CJ major? What LE experience do you have to back this up. You have a LEO from Maryland in here who has stated he has run names and it shows up.

Next thing is, where did you receive your speed camera ticket at? Each agency/town will operate differently on how they seek funds for the camera tickets. They are not like a Uniformed citation where the money goes to the state.
                        He admitted he was wrong... how does that make you feel? Being a CJ major isn't whant made me right, my professor with law enforcement background discussing this is what made me right. I also indicated that I do not know how this works from location to location so you may be right on the second part. I recieved on with the city of New Carrolton and my parents have recieved many others through different locations, all of them were similar.
                        ✓

Comment

• i thought we were done talking about speed cameras.....

Comment

• Originally posted by TGYNYY View Post
                            i thought we were done talking about speed cameras.....
                            So did I! lol
                            ✓

Comment

• Originally posted by MDLegend19 View Post
                              So did I! lol
                              We aren't done until I say so!!! Ok we are done
                              The Few, The Proud, The Marines...

Comment

• Originally posted by fabolous084 View Post
                                We aren't done until I say so!!! Ok we are done
                                lol thanks
                                ✓

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5403 users online. 329 members and 5074 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X