Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by APO Jay View Post
    He's absolutely right.
    I can't see any city being the right city for taking a job as a Police Officer, just to have a job. The things that a person will have to deal with will far out-weight, any financial benefits from just having the job.

I was just reading about the incident. They are saying it may have been friendly fire?
    its possible, but from experience i can honestly say that the media has a tendency to butcher the facts. having been involved in a situation that made the news, about 10% of what was reported was true. friendly fire, especially involving uniformed police and plain clothes police, is something that is always a risk in every dept.
    Last edited by jvegas; 01-09-2011, 02:05 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Name Taken View Post
      Speed cameras do not show up on your record.
      Incorrect.

As talked about a few pages ago, they DO show up on your record. It shows up when you run my name, the speed camera I got last July. The other day when I pulled someone over, several red light and speed cameras were shown when I ran him. When I lateralled to my current agency, when my driving record was pulled, it had shown on it.

So yes, speed cameras DO show up on your record.

Comment

• Originally posted by MiGuy View Post
        Incorrect.

As talked about a few pages ago, they DO show up on your record. It shows up when you run my name, the speed camera I got last July. The other day when I pulled someone over, several red light and speed cameras were shown when I ran him. When I lateralled to my current agency, when my driving record was pulled, it had shown on it.

So yes, speed cameras DO show up on your record.
        It will never show on YOUR record but the owner of the car which was captured in the camera. This is why you can never positively be found guilty or take charge for this unless you admit to it or make a statement indicating that you are the only driver who uses the vehicle.
        ✓

Comment

• How many people normally apply a month? If anyone knows

Comment

• Originally posted by MDLegend19 View Post
            It will never show on YOUR record but the owner of the car which was captured in the camera. This is why you can never positively be found guilty or take charge for this unless you admit to it or make a statement indicating that you are the only driver who uses the vehicle.
            Seeing as ONLY the owner of the vehicle gets the ticket and it goes on their record, you are basically saying, if YOU get a speed camera, it is on YOUR record like I said. If my roommate borrowed my car and got the speed camera ticket, I will get it, therefore I received the speed camera and it is on MY record. My Roommate will not get the ticket, therefore it is not on her record because she did not receive it. If you receive a camera ticket, it is on your record. get it?

I understand what you are trying to say though. Although I really am curious if anyone has taken it to court and just stated they weren't driving, and what happened with that. What qualifies and at what point is it accepted that if you take this to court, will it be dropped? Hmm.....

Comment

• Originally posted by MDLegend19 View Post
              And you know this how?

BPD, your question would be a little hard to answer given how often the written test is administered. It would be be safe to assume that not many people actually pass the written.
              "An excuse is worse and more terrible than a lie, for an excuse is a lie guarded."

Comment

• Yea i guess. back when i took the test it was like 30 of us and only like 13 made it to the next step
                Last edited by BPDPLEASE; 01-09-2011, 07:59 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

• I got a speed camera ticket about a year and a half ago. Wasn't on my driving record then, nor is it now.
                  use my trueprotein.com discount code for 5% off- MTD244

Comment

Seeing as ONLY the owner of the vehicle gets the ticket and it goes on their record, you are basically saying, if YOU get a speed camera, it is on YOUR record like I said. If my roommate borrowed my car and got the speed camera ticket, I will get it, therefore I received the speed camera and it is on MY record. My Roommate will not get the ticket, therefore it is not on her record because she did not receive it. If you receive a camera ticket, it is on your record. get it?

I understand what you are trying to say though. Although I really am curious if anyone has taken it to court and just stated they weren't driving, and what happened with that. What qualifies and at what point is it accepted that if you take this to court, will it be dropped? Hmm.....
                    Yup, you are right. It will go to the owners record. Idk how other agencies can see that though? I really don't know how they are stored other than within the county or city the camera is utilized for. It is not an admission of guilt so you can not take it to court unless you are trying to fight the ticket itself and not who recieved it. It is up to you to get it paid whether that means you have to get the money from your "roomate".
                    Originally posted by irishlad2nv View Post
                    And you know this how?
                    I am a crim major and it has been brought up in the past in one of my classes. Also, I have recieved a camera ticket before and it clearly states it on the paper.
                    ✓

Comment

• Speed and red light tickets will only show on the vehicles registration if you fail to take care of the ticket.

They do not show up on your driving record nor do they affect your insurance.

Comment

• Originally posted by SportsterChop View Post
                        I got a speed camera ticket about a year and a half ago. Wasn't on my driving record then, nor is it now.
                        Originally posted by MDLegend19 View Post
                        Yup, you are right. It will go to the owners record. Idk how other agencies can see that though? I really don't know how they are stored other than within the county or city the camera is utilized for. It is not an admission of guilt so you can not take it to court unless you are trying to fight the ticket itself and not who recieved it. It is up to you to get it paid whether that means you have to get the money from your "roomate".

I am a crim major and it has been brought up in the past in one of my classes. Also, I have recieved a camera ticket before and it clearly states it on the paper.
                        Don't know what to say other than, I received mine in PG county and it comes up on my driving record and when you run my name in a different county. So, as far as it being an individual county thing, I don't know what to say.

I do a lot of traffic and I see them when I run people. Maybe it only stays on for a short amount of time. I honestly don't know. But, I'm just trying to tell people that are saying it won't show up, YES it shows up. It's as simple as that.

Either way, it doesn't matter much. It may matter in a small amount of circumstances, such as getting multiple in a short amount of time when you are trying to apply for a position. That is up to the hiring agency. I understand that the owner is the person that receives the ticket as it can not tell who the driver is and issue it to them. That is unfortunate but unless you dispute it in court and you just pay it, it is somewhat admitting guilt. It's the same as being pulled over for running a stop sign and you believe you stopped. Well, if you just pay the ticket and don't fight it in court and found not guilty, guess what... For all purposes, you are going to be seen as guilty.

So, I think we've hit this topic quite a bit a few pages back and from yesterday/today. I hope I didn't come off as argumentative towards as anybody as that was not my intent. I was merely stating from personal experience of receiving a speed camera ticket and from pulling a lot of traffic like I currently do. I received a ticket in PG county and when my record was pulled it had shown the speed camera ticket. When you ran my information from a Police agency in a different county, it had shown my speed camera ticket. When I pull people over and run their information, I have seen speed camera tickets. So, I would have to say, to be on the safe side, ASSUME at the very least that it will go on your record. If you are applying for an agency and you have someone driving your car racking up these camera tickets, it might behoove you to go to court on it. If they are a good enough family member/friend and they know how their driving habits could negatively affect your chances of doing the job of your dreams, maybe they'll go with you to court and say it was me driving, so it's dropped against you and you don't have to worry about this in the background.

Hopefully this is the end of the camera ticket discussion as it's now somewhat getting off topic about Bmore.

Comment

• Correct on the insurance comment.

Incorrect on the registration if you fail to take care of it. I took care of mine and it shows up.

Now this whole topic has me curious and I'll have to find someone to see how this whole thing works. Because if some people say they aren't showing up and others like me who have personally seen and done it and they are showing up, I'm curious to why there is such a discrepancy.

Comment

• I STAND CORRECTED... Well.... Sorta

http://www.mva.maryland.gov/About-MVA/LEGIS/2009.htm

If you scroll down you can click on SB 277.

That is ALL the information on Speed Cameras. Somewhere towards the end it does state that it "MAY NOT be recorded by the Administration on the driving record of
                            the owner or driver of the vehicle;"

So I apologize to those whom I said differently. But, that does make me wonder. Why does it show up on mine as I payed it in time? Why have I seen it when I pull others over? And, why did the guy a couple pages back who brought this up (Forgot the Screen name) have it shown on his and is supposedly the reason why he was booted from the BPD process? Hmmm...

Either way, my bad again to those I have stated was incorrect. I have no problem admitting I was wrong when there is proof to show otherwise. But, at the same time, it still doesn't make sense for the reasons given above, which seems to be contrary to how it is suppose to be done.

Either way, I've taken up more than enough space on this topic tonight and only have a few hours before I have to work. Be safe out there to those of you on the road.

Comment

• Vegas did you know him?
                              Neither a Republican nor Democrat, both parties are hopelessly flawed.

RIP to all my fallen brothers and sisters in blue I hope one day I can live up to your legacies because you live forever in my mind.

To anyone non-LEO don't get it twisted. Us officers may disagree on politics, sports, and any other issue but we will always be brothers and sisters at the end of the day and have each others back. To think otherwise is stupid.

Comment

I STAND CORRECTED... Well.... Sorta

http://www.mva.maryland.gov/About-MVA/LEGIS/2009.htm

If you scroll down you can click on SB 277.

That is ALL the information on Speed Cameras. Somewhere towards the end it does state that it "MAY NOT be recorded by the Administration on the driving record of
                                the owner or driver of the vehicle;"

So I apologize to those whom I said differently. But, that does make me wonder. Why does it show up on mine as I payed it in time? Why have I seen it when I pull others over? And, why did the guy a couple pages back who brought this up (Forgot the Screen name) have it shown on his and is supposedly the reason why he was booted from the BPD process? Hmmm...

Either way, my bad again to those I have stated was incorrect. I have no problem admitting I was wrong when there is proof to show otherwise. But, at the same time, it still doesn't make sense for the reasons given above, which seems to be contrary to how it is suppose to be done.

Either way, I've taken up more than enough space on this topic tonight and only have a few hours before I have to work. Be safe out there to those of you on the road.
                                lol No offense taken, just a simple conversation. I admit, it is weird but I'm sure if some one were to dig up information on each case there would be an explanation. Be safe.
                                ✓

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6840 users online. 366 members and 6474 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X