X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Depends on your life and your background investigator

Comment

• Originally posted by 6010GOTASHOT? View Post
      jcioccke- Appreciate the kind words. If it makes any consolation, Ill be rooting for the Jets tomorrow. Mind you I'm a Pats fan. Thats what 6 years living in Boston dose to you ;-)

Jvegas, dose Ray Lewis still do the PT training sessions for BPD officers every Tuesday?
      i have no clue how that works. when it first started, you had to pay something like $100 per session. not sure if he is now doing it out of the kindness of his heart or not.

Comment

• i have no clue how that works. when it first started, you had to pay something like $100 per session.
        WOW that's crazy yet I would pay 100.00 if it was done by Megan Fox in a tube top and thong.
        MDRDEP:

There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

• Originally posted by jcioccke View Post
          wow that's crazy yet i would pay 100.00 if it was done by megan fox in a tube top and thong.
          duh

Comment

• yay ill be finished my whole process this month. anyone else gonna be finished? whens the next academy class.?

Comment

• I hopefully will be done after next week. From what everyone is saying the next academy is in February.

Comment

• when in february?

Comment

• Originally posted by m3grady2 View Post
                  Well I'm officially out, apparently you can be permanently disqualified for speed camera tickets according to my BI. I thought you were supposed to receive a DQ letter from the department when you are ruled out? Well anyway good luck to those still in the process. Learn from my mistakes, I know i will. No speed camera tickets when u decide to become law enforcement officer.
                  For you guys in MD. Do speed camera tickets show up on your Maryland driving record? In NYC we mostly have red-light cameras. They are treated like a parking ticket, and it goes to the owner of the vehicle, since it's not really known who is driving at the time. Wondering if its the same with you guys and the "speed" camera.

Comment

• Speed cameras do not show up on your record.

Comment

• Originally posted by BPDPLEASE View Post
                      when in february?
                      No one has a date for the FEB class yet. Looks like they are going to start hiring pending applicants for that class soon.

Comment

• I am pretty sure everyone in here knows the risks we take as police officers when they apply but I really want you guys to know the reality of the job in this city. Another officer was shot and killed today. More officers have been killed in Baltimore City then every other law enforcement agency in Maryland combined. Keep that in mind if you are wanting to be an officer simply for the sake of having a job. This is not the city for that.
                        Neither a Republican nor Democrat, both parties are hopelessly flawed.

RIP to all my fallen brothers and sisters in blue I hope one day I can live up to your legacies because you live forever in my mind.

To anyone non-LEO don't get it twisted. Us officers may disagree on politics, sports, and any other issue but we will always be brothers and sisters at the end of the day and have each others back. To think otherwise is stupid.

Comment

• Originally posted by MeBPD View Post
                          I am pretty sure everyone in here knows the risks we take as police officers when they apply but I really want you guys to know the reality of the job in this city. Another officer was shot and killed today. More officers have been killed in Baltimore City then every other law enforcement agency in Maryland combined. Keep that in mind if you are wanting to be an officer simply for the sake of having a job. This is not the city for that.
                          x2....was considering posting a similar statement.

Comment

• I wish they can weed out people who apply just to have a job so it can give the people who acually wan to be an officer have a better chance

Comment

• I'm sorry for the loss of one of your Brothers. But I am very happy to see your that you two posted!!
                              MDRDEP:

There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

• Originally posted by MeBPD View Post
                                I am pretty sure everyone in here knows the risks we take as police officers when they apply but I really want you guys to know the reality of the job in this city. Another officer was shot and killed today. More officers have been killed in Baltimore City then every other law enforcement agency in Maryland combined. Keep that in mind if you are wanting to be an officer simply for the sake of having a job. This is not the city for that.
                                He's absolutely right.
                                I can't see any city being the right city for taking a job as a Police Officer, just to have a job. The things that a person will have to deal with will far out-weight, any financial benefits from just having the job.

I was just reading about the incident. They are saying it may have been friendly fire?
                                Last edited by APO Jay; 01-09-2011, 01:51 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2643 users online. 115 members and 2528 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X