Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm signed up for that processing too on the 23rd. Excited about it!!

Comment

• Nice, where you coming from?
      MDRDEP:

There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

• Originally posted by jvegas View Post
        i had 10 points at one time on my record and held a 0 point license for about 5 years before i was hired at BPD. when i applied to MSP, about 5 years prior to BPD, i had 1 point (which was scheduled to be removed that same year). no agency ever questioned me about it, but i also owned up to them, admitted that I F'd up and that was it. it seems like you are minimizing the tickets and maybe since you are making excuses, that is a bigger deal than the tickets themselves. if you keep getting stopped for tint, why keep the tint? that shows disregard for the law. the fact is, if someone has been stopped 4 or 5 times for speeding, than they probably speed all the time, just dont get caught. you cannot drive a police vehicle in MD with more than 3 points. any agency is going to be afraid to hire you with the risk of you getting 3 points and having to be terminated in the academy. dept spend alot of money processing applicants.

Out here in Cali, local Departments can go back on your DL up to 10 years. when i applied for LBPD, i had to write a memo for ALL my tickets and court dates for their BI. My current Agency went back 5 years on my DL, so it wasn't to bad.

the good news it, a bad driving record is an easy fix and wont keep you out for good. keep applying and keep your speed at the limit. fix any thing on your vehicle that is illegal to avoid standing out. i dont know about other depts, but with BPD, every time you are stopped and your tag or license is run, it stays in the system, regardless if you get a ticket, verbal warning, written warning or whatever else.

Comment

• Originally posted by jvegas View Post
          the extra pay is roughly $900. in the past, with any raises, it has taken up to 2 pay periods for the increases. however, my recent raise was immediate. also, your pay will be 1.95% lower due to "furlough" days.
          I think you also have to be off probation to qualify.

Comment

• Originally posted by TGYNYY View Post
            christ, 5 speeding tickets? that will definitely put up a red flag with Personnel. Go ahead and take the Civil Service and see what happens.
            People have been hired with worse records then that and even arrest records. That is nothing. What get one rejected is not disclosing your driving record/arrest record.
            "An excuse is worse and more terrible than a lie, for an excuse is a lie guarded."

Comment

• Originally posted by irishlad2nv View Post
              People have been hired with worse records then that and even arrest records. That is nothing. What get one rejected is not disclosing your driving record/arrest record.
              yea she will be fine if she puts everything out onto the table. the only thing they could say is that you need a little more time since you last ticket. good luck..

Comment

• Got my polygraph this month! Wish me luck!
                BPD
                Written - 10/8/10
                Phyisical - 10/9/10
                Written Psych - 11/4/10
                Background Interview - 11/22/10
                Polygraph - 1/17/11
                Oral Psych - 2/17/11
                Medical - 2/17/11
                Final Processing - Still waiting.....

Comment

• after you meet you BI how long does it take to do the last few things in the process. If a academy is next month will i most likely be done the process?

Comment

• Originally posted by BPDPLEASE View Post
                    after you meet you BI how long does it take to do the last few things in the process. If a academy is next month will i most likely be done the process?
                    what steps do you consider "the last few things"?

Comment

• Originally posted by espantoon View Post
                      I think you also have to be off probation to qualify.
                      man, they do whatever it takes to keep that $900, dont they?

Comment

• That $2.50 (a day extra) goes a long way brother. Didn't you ever see those commercials with Archie Bunkers daughter? lol
                        MDRDEP:

Comment

• just remembered many on this thread are too young to remember Archie Bunker
                          MDRDEP:

Comment

• poly, medical, oral psych. thats what i have left

Comment

• Originally posted by BPDPLEASE View Post
                              poly, medical, oral psych. thats what i have left
                              thats actually a good bit, but depending on how many people they need for the next class, they could have you done in time. thats really what it depends on. those 3 steps could be dragged out for 4-5 months, or be sped up to 2-4 weeks.

TYPICALLY, in the recent classes, it would take you about 3 months to finish those steps.

so, youve done the written, agility, turned in packet, and written psyh? when did you complete your most recent step?

Comment

• Originally posted by jcioccke View Post
                                That $2.50 (a day extra) goes a long way brother. Didn't you ever see those commercials with Archie Bunkers daughter? lol
                                im familiar with archie, edith, and the daughter's commercial.

stifle it edith!
                                Last edited by jvegas; 01-05-2011, 10:15 AM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2645 users online. 112 members and 2533 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X