Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Baltimore City Police Department Q&A

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by 6010GOTASHOT? View Post
    Hello to all again,

    I completed the process today for BPD. I completed and passed the poly on 12/27, the Medical on 12/28 and the oral psych today. Now the 64,000 question is how long will it be till I hear something? Hopefully wont be too long, if the plans for a Feb Academy go through.

    Anybody else recently finish up the process and waiting?
    I finished about two weeks ago. Im hearing there's gonna be a Febuary class as well. Hopefully we hear something soon!!

    Comment


    • Originally posted by m3grady2 View Post
      Quick question to those already with some time on, How long would i have to wait to reapply? I was "rejected because of speed camera tickets" . I got a bunch of them in June in the middle of my process i know stupid right. I've never gotten any before. My driving record is clean. And i most definitely haven't gotten any since. Hopefully i can reapply soon,would have to start over with the civil service test again? I plan on calling my BI back after the holidays to find out if i was just rejected and can still apply or if i was permanently DQ'd. Any other insight would help though.
      They may say just reapply in a year but just depends on the agency. Also you may not have to take the civil test again but that depends on how long your test scores are good for. I'm sure when you call your BI they will be able to tell you.

      Comment


      • Hello to all again,

        I completed the process today for BPD. I completed and passed the poly on 12/27, the Medical on 12/28 and the oral psych today. Now the 64,000 question is how long will it be till I hear something? Hopefully wont be too long, if the plans for a Feb Academy go through.

        Anybody else recently finish up the process and waiting?
        ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        In response:

        I finished 3 weeks ago and I'm waiting myself. Let me know if you get a call.

        Comment


        • after getting a few PMs regarding my rough explanation of DQ vs. Rejection, i feel as though i did a ****-poor job in my original post on the topic.
          the thing is, in the past the term DQ meant you cannot reapply, while rejected means you are still eligible for hire, just not at this time. what i meant to convey was for people to inquire as to what each dept means by saying that person is DQ'd since the term is being used so broadly. also, when people post saying little more than "i was dq'd", that those of us trying to help know if its a real DQ or a rejection that was worded as a DQ...hope that makes sense and clarifies what i was trying to get at.

          for the sake of this forum and just so everyone is on the same page, regardless of whether your letter says DQ'd or rejected, maybe we can try to use the terms in their literal meanings. if your letter says DQ'd, however you called and your BI said you can reapply, then lets use the term rejection. just a suggestion.

          for the record, dont get discouraged by a DQ or a rejection. I was DQ'd by MSP for my poly coming back "inconclusive". I went on to pass PG's poly and made it to the selection process and was DQ'd for something that was listed in my packet on day one at the agility/written. I then applied to MdTA and passed everything and was rejected during final selection. I had applied to BPD before hearing from MdTA and was hired on the first attempt. after the fiasco with MSP's poly, i was never even second guessed by another department during any phase of the process. they actually laughed about my poly results with MSP.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by og256752 View Post
            Hello to all again,

            I completed the process today for BPD. I completed and passed the poly on 12/27, the Medical on 12/28 and the oral psych today. Now the 64,000 question is how long will it be till I hear something? Hopefully wont be too long, if the plans for a Feb Academy go through.

            Anybody else recently finish up the process and waiting?
            ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            In response:

            I finished 3 weeks ago and I'm waiting myself. Let me know if you get a call.
            congrats. in the past, this meant that you were definitely going to be hired, but that has apparently changed. not to scare you, but a few people recently on here have passed everything and then were rejected. good luck, treat every day as "no news is good news" and be prepared for either outcome. usually it takes anywhere between 2-6 weeks to hear.

            Comment


            • I have many PMs that I am tying to answer...I am not ignoring anyone.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by jvegas View Post
                I have many PMs that I am tying to answer...I am not ignoring anyone.
                Jvegas is a good guy and will def help anyone out that ask's for it
                The Few, The Proud, The Marines...

                Comment


                • Originally posted by jvegas View Post
                  after getting a few PMs regarding my rough explanation of DQ vs. Rejection, i feel as though i did a ****-poor job in my original post on the topic.
                  the thing is, in the past the term DQ meant you cannot reapply, while rejected means you are still eligible for hire, just not at this time. what i meant to convey was for people to inquire as to what each dept means by saying that person is DQ'd since the term is being used so broadly. also, when people post saying little more than "i was dq'd", that those of us trying to help know if its a real DQ or a rejection that was worded as a DQ...hope that makes sense and clarifies what i was trying to get at.

                  for the sake of this forum and just so everyone is on the same page, regardless of whether your letter says DQ'd or rejected, maybe we can try to use the terms in their literal meanings. if your letter says DQ'd, however you called and your BI said you can reapply, then lets use the term rejection. just a suggestion.

                  for the record, dont get discouraged by a DQ or a rejection. I was DQ'd by MSP for my poly coming back "inconclusive". I went on to pass PG's poly and made it to the selection process and was DQ'd for something that was listed in my packet on day one at the agility/written. I then applied to MdTA and passed everything and was rejected during final selection. I had applied to BPD before hearing from MdTA and was hired on the first attempt. after the fiasco with MSP's poly, i was never even second guessed by another department during any phase of the process. they actually laughed about my poly results with MSP.
                  That is why I tell everyone in the hiring process with agencies to take the first call you get even if its not the agency at the top of your list. Just to use your experience as an example, say an applicant got called from BPD first however they turned them down because they had MSP and MDTA as the first two agencies to get into. Thy would have been rejected from MSP for a poly wondering why when they already passed BPD and then been rejected at the final selection stage with MDTA. Now that app would be really discouraged and wish they took BPD's offer. Now instead of being possibly midway through an academy or possibly done and on the streets they are stuck at home trying to begin the entire process over with other agencies while kicking themselves in the mouth for not taking the first offer they got. Once again I was just using JVegas's situation and just switched it around a little bit to show an example so people can know to take the first call they get. There are some people on here who don't do it or question if they should take the first call they get.

                  Again this was not JVegas' situation at all and I'm glad you did get in to BPD and anywhere for that matter.

                  Comment


                  • Haha Vegas is a nice guy, till you **** him off. I have seen that firsthand
                    Neither a Republican nor Democrat, both parties are hopelessly flawed.

                    RIP to all my fallen brothers and sisters in blue I hope one day I can live up to your legacies because you live forever in my mind.

                    To anyone non-LEO don't get it twisted. Us officers may disagree on politics, sports, and any other issue but we will always be brothers and sisters at the end of the day and have each others back. To think otherwise is stupid.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Chamillionaire View Post
                      That is why I tell everyone in the hiring process with agencies to take the first call you get even if its not the agency at the top of your list. Just to use your experience as an example, say an applicant got called from BPD first however they turned them down because they had MSP and MDTA as the first two agencies to get into. Thy would have been rejected from MSP for a poly wondering why when they already passed BPD and then been rejected at the final selection stage with MDTA. Now that app would be really discouraged and wish they took BPD's offer. Now instead of being possibly midway through an academy or possibly done and on the streets they are stuck at home trying to begin the entire process over with other agencies while kicking themselves in the mouth for not taking the first offer they got. Once again I was just using JVegas's situation and just switched it around a little bit to show an example so people can know to take the first call they get. There are some people on here who don't do it or question if they should take the first call they get.

                      Again this was not JVegas' situation at all and I'm glad you did get in to BPD and anywhere for that matter.
                      and just to add. for me, BPD was not my first choice, but i absolutely LOVE my current unit and what i get to do everyday. most days, i feel that i get paid to drive around and crack jokes with my friends for 8 hours a day. looking back, i think i would have been bored with MSP and MdTA. After i was DQ'd from PG, they started the layoffs/furloughs (i forget exactly what route they went), so i lucked out there, too.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by MeBPD View Post
                        Haha Vegas is a nice guy, till you **** him off. I have seen that firsthand
                        allegedly.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by jvegas View Post
                          and just to add. for me, BPD was not my first choice, but i absolutely LOVE my current unit and what i get to do everyday. most days, i feel that i get paid to drive around and crack jokes with my friends for 8 hours a day. looking back, i think i would have been bored with MSP and MdTA. After i was DQ'd from PG, they started the layoffs/furloughs (i forget exactly what route they went), so i lucked out there, too.
                          Yeah I think you would've been bored with MSP and MDTA as well. I'm still in the hiring process trying to get in myself. Yeah and its funny that you like BPD even though it wasnt your first choice. I see alot of ppl say the same thing about the agency they are currently with. It's funny how life works sometimes but at the same time how good it is.
                          Last edited by Chamillionaire; 01-02-2011, 11:56 AM.

                          Comment


                          • Minority here.

                            First and only application submitted.....hired.

                            If you were looking for a IT job...you'd apply to everywhere with an opening and take the first one you got...this should be no different.

                            There isnt a department in this state that needs to hire you in particular...you are a number for a long time to them.

                            Comment


                            • 25 year old bilingual female (I speak Spanish fluently). I have a bachelor's degree from the University of Maryland. I have never used any kind of drugs. I thought about it when I was a teenager but never did it. I have never been arrested for anything in my life. I do have school loans, a personal loan, car loan, and credit card debt but everyone gets their money. My credit score is 697 and I have never been late to pay any bills (well maybe a day or 2 late but nothing more). I applied to to MPD, MCPD, and USCP which all rejected me because of my speeding tickets. All told me I could reapply in 2011. I applied to PGPD and MSP but once I was rejected with the first three I didnt continue the process with them.

                              So I have a lead foot. My issue is my driving record. I have never been pulled over for anything else other then my tints on my car. Never had a DUI or anything else. I have pulled my complete driving record before and It only shows 1 speeding ticket in the past 10 years and I never had any points on my license.

                              Driving Record: Speeding Ticket December 2003 (Probation by Judgement - PBJ), Speeding Ticket Aug 2008 in VA (not points but appears on my driving record), Speeding Ticket Sept 2008 (PBJ), Speeding Ticket (Oct 2008 - officer didnt show so it was thrown out), Speeding Ticket Sept 2010 (PBJ).

                              Its 2011 and I am ready to begin applying again. I am taking the civil test for BPD this Tuesday. What do you guys think are my chances that I will get hired by a dept?
                              US Capitol
                              Written Exam: 2/14/09
                              Background: Pending

                              Comment


                              • christ, 5 speeding tickets? that will definitely put up a red flag with Personnel. Go ahead and take the Civil Service and see what happens.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 7186 users online. 416 members and 6770 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X