Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Baltimore City Police Department Q&A

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • thanks sgtjoe, def. appreciate it.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by SGT. Joe Friday View Post
      Yea I didnt mean to come off like "try to get away with it" I meant, they dont say no ipods but they will ask you to tkae them off if they see them. And they will see them. So dont wear them
      I know what you meant just didn't want the guy to wear them then have to toss them while running and go back and have to find them lol. That's why I gave him the alternative of what I do wqhen I run. I'm sure there will be one person with an ipod on lol.

      Comment


      • hey fellas
        Got my BI scheduled and now need some info on exactly what to expect. What does this entail? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by MiGuy View Post
          That is true, unless they changed that since I left Apr 09. It's actually funny because with my current agency it was hard to adapt to using an in-car radio after Baltimore. I kept using my shoulder mic for communications and used my car radio as a backup since we operate with three different channels. But, after a little while, I'm finally used to using the in-car radio as my primary radio while in the car.

          JVegas or anyone else on the department, did they install all of the MDT's that they kept saying they had and were waiting to install or are most of the cars still without the computers?
          the cars do not have radios in them. the dept is moving away from mobile computers and into officers having dept. cell phones with NCIC, MVA, CAD, and GPS locators. we are going "more mobile". the cars with computers already, still have them installed.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by jvegas View Post
            the cars do not have radios in them. the dept is moving away from mobile computers and into officers having dept. cell phones with NCIC, MVA, CAD, and GPS locators. we are going "more mobile". the cars with computers already, still have them installed.
            This is an interesting concept. I remember when the city first starting issuing the blackberries with NCIC etc. How slow has the implemnetation been? Also what are the regulations? Are they turned in at the end of shift? If not, are you then giving your GPS location at all times off-duty? I could see some interesting ways that these blackberries could come up to bite people. It however seems like they could also be really beneficial. My worry would be letting them get outdated and unusable without replacing. I'm sure they experience some rough conditions and wear out quickly.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by JDougal View Post
              This is an interesting concept. I remember when the city first starting issuing the blackberries with NCIC etc. How slow has the implemnetation been? Also what are the regulations? Are they turned in at the end of shift? If not, are you then giving your GPS location at all times off-duty? I could see some interesting ways that these blackberries could come up to bite people. It however seems like they could also be really beneficial. My worry would be letting them get outdated and unusable without replacing. I'm sure they experience some rough conditions and wear out quickly.
              not everyone has them. i just got mine yesterday, while others in my unit have had them for about 3 months and others for almost a year. they go home with you, but when you are home you can turn them off or whatever. you are allowed to use them for personal use, but cannot go over 400 call minutes a month for personal use. they are housed in a rugged case, much like the otterbox cases for iPhones. at this point, since they are federally funded, i do not think the Dept has thought about long term costs for updating, etc... they are just as good as they are bad, IMO. you can get hemmed up, but at the same time, if you are doing what you are supposed to be, theres nothing to worry about.

              Comment


              • Whats Baltimore's retirement plan now? And also their top step for patrol and sgt?

                Comment


                • I heard that class 10-02 got smoked because one of its trainees was a Combat Photographer in the military. Someone please tell me this isn't true.
                  Ductus Exemplo

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by East Side View Post
                    I heard that class 10-02 got smoked because one of its trainees was a Combat Photographer in the military. Someone please tell me this isn't true.
                    What's wrong with being a combat photographer?

                    Comment


                    • Sometimes they forget to turn the flash off at night.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by EricDel View Post
                        Whats Baltimore's retirement plan now? And also their top step for patrol and sgt?
                        this can be found at fop3.org check under the contracts and unit I is patrol and Unit II is Sgt.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by BlueChord11B View Post
                          What's wrong with being a combat photographer?
                          they will find any reason to smoke the class. i doubt that was the sole reason.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by East Side View Post
                            I heard that class 10-02 got smoked because one of its trainees was a Combat Photographer in the military. Someone please tell me this isn't true.
                            thats news to me....


                            -10-02 trainee

                            Comment


                            • what is a flight officer?

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by og256752 View Post
                                what is a flight officer?
                                a pilot

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 8343 users online. 264 members and 8079 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X