300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TGYNYY View Post
    you will not be DQ'ed from speed camera tickets. these tickets are automatically paid without a court date, and do not go on your driving record as speeding.
    Well thats not what my BI said, He said thats why they werent doing anything with me, even though they don't show on your driving record.
    BPD
    Written: 4/27
    Agility: 5/7
    Written Psych: 6/2
    Background Interview: 8/25
    Oral Psych: TBD
    Medical: TBD
    Poly: TBD
    Final Processing: TBD

Comment

• Originally posted by MDLegend19 View Post
      Camera tickets? Those don't prove YOU guilty of anything so why would they hold that against you? I'm asking because my mother drives a car in which my name is under it as well and it has a couple of camera tickets she recieved which she hasnt paid. Was it really speading camera tickets that effected you or are you just not wanting to reveal something personal? I don't need to know but I would at least like to know that camera tickets won't effect me since I didn't receive them.
      My BI said it was the speed camera tickets, "thats why they weren't going to do anything with me"
      BPD
      Written: 4/27
      Agility: 5/7
      Written Psych: 6/2
      Background Interview: 8/25
      Oral Psych: TBD
      Medical: TBD
      Poly: TBD
      Final Processing: TBD

Comment

• that is very odd. people with much more cloudy backgrounds have been fine.

Comment

• What did the current class think of their ride alongs? Anything good?
          Neither a Republican nor Democrat, both parties are hopelessly flawed.

RIP to all my fallen brothers and sisters in blue I hope one day I can live up to your legacies because you live forever in my mind.

To anyone non-LEO don't get it twisted. Us officers may disagree on politics, sports, and any other issue but we will always be brothers and sisters at the end of the day and have each others back. To think otherwise is stupid.

Comment

• For the agility test run, can you use an iPod or no? Music helps me forget how much I hate running!

Comment

• Hey guys,

Someone told me that BPD police vehicles do not have police raidos in them!!! Is this true? Most departments require 2 types of communication (protable raido and car radio with computer system).

Comment

• Never heard of that requirement. Most NYPD rmp vehicles don't have car radios (or working computers)

Comment

• Originally posted by og256752 View Post
                  Hey guys I have been checking out this site during my whole process. I finished everything on Monday and now I'm waiting for the call for Final Processing. How long do we wait for that call to happen? Thanks.
                  You and I are in the same boat my friend. Finished everything. I knew the wait was gonna suck, but not this much. Lol.

Comment

• Philly PD uses only portables for the most part I believe, not that uncommon
                    Originally posted by Rudy8116
                    The only reason I have one in the chamber at all times is because it is impossible to have two in.

Originally posted by CruiserClass
                    OC is my last option. I've never met anyone immune to electricity or physics.

Comment

• Originally posted by JD808 View Post
                      Hey guys,

Someone told me that BPD police vehicles do not have police raidos in them!!! Is this true? Most departments require 2 types of communication (protable raido and car radio with computer system).
                      That is true, unless they changed that since I left Apr 09. It's actually funny because with my current agency it was hard to adapt to using an in-car radio after Baltimore. I kept using my shoulder mic for communications and used my car radio as a backup since we operate with three different channels. But, after a little while, I'm finally used to using the in-car radio as my primary radio while in the car.

JVegas or anyone else on the department, did they install all of the MDT's that they kept saying they had and were waiting to install or are most of the cars still without the computers?

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueChord11B View Post
                        For the agility test run, can you use an iPod or no? Music helps me forget how much I hate running!
                        I dont believe its posted anywhere but the D.I.'s will tell you to take them off if they see you running with it
                        13O2 Aug '10
                        List: <1000

Comment

• Originally posted by SGT. Joe Friday View Post
                          I dont believe its posted anywhere but the D.I.'s will tell you to take them off if they see you running with it
                          I've seen ppl post that they had to toss them when caught running with them. I wouldn't even take the chance at trying to run with it. Just sing a song in your head...or keep your mind clear and focused on finishing...

Comment

• Originally posted by Chamillionaire View Post
                            I've seen ppl post that they had to toss them when caught running with them. I wouldn't even take the chance at trying to run with it. Just sing a song in your head...or keep your mind clear and focused on finishing...
                            Yea I didnt mean to come off like "try to get away with it" I meant, they dont say no ipods but they will ask you to tkae them off if they see them. And they will see them. So dont wear them
                            13O2 Aug '10

Comment

• I dont know if anyone can answer this but in the employment history/references section of the application, I have an ex co worker who doesnt feel comfortable with putting his address down, but said he'd rather put down his work address which is my old place of employment, since he says this would be the better place for them to reach him. Is this acceptable or do I absolutely need his personal home address?

Comment

• Originally posted by jay116 View Post
                                I dont know if anyone can answer this but in the employment history/references section of the application, I have an ex co worker who doesnt feel comfortable with putting his address down, but said he'd rather put down his work address which is my old place of employment, since he says this would be the better place for them to reach him. Is this acceptable or do I absolutely need his personal home address?
                                If that is where he will receive the mail, it's ok for you to use that as the address.
                                Most of my co-worker references prefer to use the address of employment
                                13O2 Aug '10

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4525 users online. 261 members and 4264 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X