Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does the written psych & handing in all of your documents, etc... usually last about 4-5 hours?

Comment

• yes it does

Comment

• alright thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by m3grady2 View Post
          Well it looks like i'm out, I called and talked to my BI today, even though I haven't recieved a "no further consideration letter" yet, He said it looks like they probably arent going to do anything with me because of a couple of speed camera tickets I got. All those still in the process or looking to get into it best of luck.

To those who may know since I haven't recieved anything in the mail yet does this mean i can reapply at a later date or does this sound like a permanent DQ?
          Camera tickets? Those don't prove YOU guilty of anything so why would they hold that against you? I'm asking because my mother drives a car in which my name is under it as well and it has a couple of camera tickets she recieved which she hasnt paid. Was it really speading camera tickets that effected you or are you just not wanting to reveal something personal? I don't need to know but I would at least like to know that camera tickets won't effect me since I didn't receive them.
          ✓

Comment

• you will not be DQ'ed from speed camera tickets. these tickets are automatically paid without a court date, and do not go on your driving record as speeding.

Comment

• Originally posted by TGYNYY View Post
              you will not be DQ'ed from speed camera tickets. these tickets are automatically paid without a court date, and do not go on your driving record as speeding.
              just quoting this for emphasis.
              use my trueprotein.com discount code for 5% off- MTD244

Comment

you will not be DQ'ed from speed camera tickets. these tickets are automatically paid without a court date, and do not go on your driving record as speeding.
                Originally posted by SportsterChop View Post
                just quoting this for emphasis.
                Thanks.
                ✓

Comment

Speed camera tickets may count against you. The reason I say that is.... When you get a speeding camera as the owner of the vehicle, you have the ability to contest the ticket and show that you were not the driver. It is only a $40 fine and zero points, but if you run my vehicle or license, the speed camera ticket does show. So, it is technically on your record and I'm sure it could be used against you in the hiring process.

If it is someone else that drive's YOUR vehicle, such as someone mentioned their mother has gotten a few. I would either, contest the ticket as it not being you if someone is repeatedly getting them on your vehicle and they are unpaid and you are trying to go through a Police process, or make sure you explain to your B.I. that it is not you that was driving and show documentation if any.

I'm not 100% sure on this but as my speed camera from last July shows up when my name/registration is ran. And, as there is an opportunity to prove your innocence if it was not you as the owner driving the vehicle, I can see multiple speed camera tickets being held against you in the Police process, particularly when competition these days can be pretty tight.

Comment

• Originally posted by nypdout View Post
                    First off I am not going to sugar coat it for you like another poster on here with no police time. Realize that Baltimore City is what I consider a front line. You are going to get into physical confrontations at times by yourself and more often than you think. People will be in your face and Perps will size you up by size and sex right away. You will work in 1 officer patrol cars so when **** hits the fan as you turn a corner its just you and your sidearm until the cavalry arrives which will feel like an eternity. This ain't the movies you only get one chance to get it right and as far as perps treating you nicer because you're female don't count on it. That lovey feeling crap is a bunch of bs that someone who has never worked on the streets will feed you . Just keeping it real and save you from wasting your time so now you know.
                    x a million. and just to add. while females are not required to be as physically fit as males during the academy, i strongly urge females to not let themselves sink to the minimum level of fitness. this is also true for males and females that are over 30 years old who also have lower PT standards. suspects will not care if you are female, over 30 years old, or 21 years old. if you are a worker, you will get hurt. I am living proof as i have suffered multiple broken bones just last year alone, one injury required surgery. i am not in the minority for police that get injured working in bmore. just in my squad alone (8 people), one guy got a hernia, another broke his hand (boxers fracture), another messed his hand up, my 2 injuries, another guy lost a finger, and another is facing medical retirement on something extremely serious. the dept has had about 5 officers get shot in the line of duty last year. while non were fatal, its no doubt they survived because they refused to submit to the minimum levels expected. if physical fitness isnt your strong suit (its not mine), strive to make up for that by perfecting defense tactics, driving well, or just being great at observing your surroundings at all times. when on the street, always looks for places you can seek cover if needed, and always know who is behind you. practice these things.

i am not trying to deter anyone from applying, just giving the facts. its better to consider these things now, instead of after getting into the academy and then realizing the dangers.

these things arent specific to BPD. MSP lost an officer this year, and Im sure other depts have had their fair share of injured officers this year.
                    Last edited by jvegas; 12-17-2010, 07:43 PM.

Comment

• Found out today that I made the December class. Looks like I'll be getting hired next week! See ya'll down there

Comment

• Congratulations Lights Out!!!
                        MDRDEP:

There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

• x a million. and just to add. while females are not required to be as physically fit as males during the academy, i strongly urge females to not let themselves sink to the minimum level of fitness. this is also true for males and females that are over 30 years old who also have lower PT standards. suspects will not care if you are female, over 30 years old, or 21 years old. if you are a worker, you will get hurt. I am living proof as i have suffered multiple broken bones just last year alone, one injury required surgery. i am not in the minority for police that get injured working in bmore. just in my squad alone (8 people), one guy got a hernia, another broke his hand (boxers fracture), another messed his hand up, my 2 injuries, another guy lost a finger, and another is facing medical retirement on something extremely serious. the dept has had about 5 officers get shot in the line of duty last year. while non were fatal, its no doubt they survived because they refused to submit to the minimum levels expected.

i am not trying to deter anyone from applying, just giving the facts. its better to consider these things now, instead of after getting into the academy and then realizing the dangers.

these things arent specific to BPD. MSP lost an officer this year, and Im sure other depts have had their fair share of injured officers this year.
                          Great post Jvegas
                          MDRDEP:

There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

• was anyone at the FOP today? lots of current trainees and even some new hires that have not started the academy.

Comment

• yeah we were there.

Comment

• Originally posted by jvegas View Post
                                was anyone at the FOP today? lots of current trainees and even some new hires that have not started the academy.
                                yea i was there with alot of my class as well, we havent even started the academy yet but they took us there for some free food after we set up for that ceremony at headquarters lol

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6158 users online. 342 members and 5816 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X