300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JD808 View Post
    Hey wassup guys, I am interested in joining baltimore police department and was woundering how long would it take to get hired by BPD? im from out of state and i understand that they have a 2 day process where we complete everything but the final processing. just woundering so i can start looking for a place and get things ready when i complete this 2 day process.
    There is def not a two day process my man lol but you mean the written and the fitness friday and saturday thing yea, but you will overall have to go to baltimore 4 times total.. well i did!!
    I heard it, i believe it, i awnsered.. THE CALL..

Comment

• serious. i talked to the recruiter and she told me that they have a 2 day process for out of state applicants. wow maybe i heard her wrong or something. im coming from hawaii and 4 trip is alot of money lol.

Comment

• Yea it's like INdep said. There's a 2 day but its only for the written and physical agility (usually separated by two weeks). What brings you to Baltimore? If you're looking for a permanent move to the area, might just want to move, get a job and complete the process after you get settled. Four trips from HI is a lot
        13O2 Aug '10
        List: <1000

Comment

• Originally posted by INdeputysheriff View Post
          No problem!!!!, since you will be a month ahead of us we wouldnt see much of the class your in i dont believe??
          By the time you start we will be about 2 months ahead of you but yea we will see each other at the academy...
          The Few, The Proud, The Marines...

Comment

• Originally posted by SGT. Joe Friday View Post
            Yea it's like INdep said. There's a 2 day but its only for the written and physical agility (usually separated by two weeks). What brings you to Baltimore? If you're looking for a permanent move to the area, might just want to move, get a job and complete the process after you get settled. Four trips from HI is a lot
            well hawaii is way to expensive. cost of living here is at all time high. plus i lived here all my life soo im kinda tired of the island life..looking for something different. my friend told me about baltimore pd and i looked it up and was interested. i have prior law enforcement experience here on oahu.

Comment

• Since a new academy class is coming in at the end of this month, I figured I'd put this offer out here for anyone relocating down this way. My self and another guy in the academy are looking for a 3rd roommate to move into a house on Jan 1st, give or take a few days. The house is 3 bedrooms/3.5 bathrooms, located in the city in the south eastern district a block or 2 from patterson park. Rent will be about $650 or so including utilities, but rent for the first 3 months will be a little cheaper due to a deal the owner of the home is going to work out with us.

If anyone's interested just shoot me a pm and I can provide some more details.

Comment

Last edited by Private_I; 08-23-2012, 04:37 PM.

Comment

• two months ahead. no you wont be seeing anything but the gym and the locker room for a while buddy

Comment

• you didnt pass the psych, because the written psych (MMPI II) and the oral are combined and then evaluated. so you either had issues with the first part of the psych, or your license issues threw a red flag.

Comment

Last edited by Private_I; 08-23-2012, 04:38 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Private_I View Post
                        Well I wrote a letter to the lady who signed my DQ letter and she said it was issues with my background. But I can't think of anything in my background that would DQ me. I didn't think the license thing was a major deal, but maybe it was. I've never even been in any accidents or anything. Thanks for replying.
                        did you get DQ'd or just rejected? what exactly does your letter say? things that will DQ you are criminal history whether charged or not (felonies or misdemeanor thefts), drug use, selling drugs, transporting drugs, failing the poly, failing the medical. failing the psych wont DQ you, driving record wont DQ you. having 3 or more current points on your driving record will get you rejected, but you can reapply later.

Comment

• Originally posted by INdeputysheriff View Post
                          Indeed i am and i have found an apartment in cockyesville nice spot.. See you on the 30th i guess i wouldnt know what you looked like when we go the first day anyway lol, but congrats
                          Awesome! i can't wait bro. and yea i will see you there!

Comment

Last edited by Private_I; 08-23-2012, 04:40 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Private_I View Post
                              The initial letter that I received states, "Unfortunately, the processing of your application has reached a stage where it was determined that you would not be offered employement as a Police Officer Trainee at this time." After that I was unclear as to if I was DQ'd or rejected and if I could reapply at a later date so I wrote a letter basically asking for clarification and I still didn't get it. The only thing it states is, "The background investigation conducted in your case was not satisfactory for employment. No further consideration will be given in your case." I don't have any points on my license. I've never sold drugs or transported them. I've never been arrested for anything, no thefts, and didn't get a chance to take the medical or poly.
                              sounds like you are eligible to reapply and not DQ'd, just rejected. nothing to worry about, if this is the case. it takes most people a few tries before being hired with any agency. take it as a learning experience and get back into the game. how old were you when you smoke weed 7 years ago? when you say passed the psych, did you take the written and the oral psych? im thinking its either the FTAs or something in the written psych. get your record expunged, criminal and driving. you will still have to list the offenses, but it will at least look better on paper. in the future, dont try to talk your way around why you were suspended and FTA'd, just admit you screwed up by not completing a change of address, etc. not saying you minimized it last time, but most BIs would rather someone say they screwed up than to make excuses. good luck and feel free to PM me with any questions regarding BPD. Personally, I would get back into the application process as soon as possible and apply to as many agencies as time allows. BPD is currently aggressively hiring, so dont give up.

Comment

Last edited by Private_I; 08-23-2012, 04:52 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6861 users online. 360 members and 6501 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X