Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No residency requirement....as for politics, they are every where...i don't think there is escaping it especially for a public safety job...

Comment

• I agree...I hear that BPD is highly political...any officers wanna weigh in on that? From the outside looking in it appears waaaayyyy political.
      Baltimore Police Department
      **Finally :0)**

Comment

• Can't be political as Chicago..

Comment

• Stand aside is long gone, when I was in the hiring process it was mandatory that you wear a suit and tie. Your trying to get a job as a police officer not at wal-mart, we are working hard to change the image of bpd, come looking professional and you'll be fine.

Comment

• I wore my suit minus the jacket...and that seemed fine. They did turn one guy away who was in sweat pants and sweat shirt and told him to come back with a tie on. So I was a bit surprised. But not everyone was wearing a tie or nice shirts...so not sure why that one in particular was not allowed in...

But I have taken many exams in the past. CT State Police, Mass state police, and a few other depts in ct when i was living there and they didnt care about what u wear. But i guess because BPD does the exams so frequently the turn out per exam is not so bad. So they can be pickier I suppose. In this exam i took there were about 15-20 of us and I would say about 10 passed the exam....

The one thing i like about the process so far is the fact you can take the agility when your ready and not when they specify. Every Saturday they give the agility...which is nice. and if you fail the written you can go back and retake it 30 days later unlike other places. I guess when a dept has a higher demand to hire, they are less strict and give you more chance to get in. I mean their agility run is 1.5mile in 16min 38 seconds something like that. Every other agility test i took was within 12 minutes....I am 33 now, so i prefer the slower times..although coming out the academy you have to be at the faster times....i guess i see why a lot of dept's prefer you to be quicker going in.

BPD said they are hiring abour 300 officers...
            Last edited by dand2; 11-12-2008, 07:16 PM.

Comment

• those are the standards to get hired, by the time you leave the academy you have to have a 70 percent pt score going by cooper standards. My class was the last class to only get a 60 percent to pass. I dont believe they changed it back

Comment

• Message has been deleted
                Last edited by toto80; 02-21-2009, 09:14 AM.
                “All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think we become.”

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."

Comment

• I was a cadet when i was in the academy, The way it works is they wont process you to go into the academy until your a minium of 20 and 9 months. You'll go in the academy at 20 and 9 months but you dont get police officer pay until the day you turn 21 then they'll change over your paper work. Its a headache, but its worth it, cadet pay right now is around 26,000 a year which is about 650 biweekly after taxes. No you wont be able to graduate in sept, oct. with your age youll be luckly to go on field training by the end of 09and that depends on what class you get put in.

Comment

• I have my polygraph next week. No word on when the next academy will start, other than the Nov. one.

Comment

• My polygraph is next week too... Monday to be exact! Good luck everyone!
                      Baltimore Police Department
                      **Finally :0)**

Comment

• That is a retarded way of doing this for "cadets".

I would not have gone through the first few months of the academy at "cadet" pay. It's simply not worth it.

Baltimore County is very different with getting their "cadets" into the academy from what I hear.

Comment

• It is, the worst part is that your doing everything everyone else does but getting paid alot less.

Comment

• I was told by a recruiter that laterals go through a shorter academy.
                            The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

"And maybe just remind the few, if ill of us they speak,
                            that we are all that stands between
                            the monsters and the weak." - Michael Marks

sigpic

Comment

• you might if your a lateral, its a numbers game, im my class we had someone from the secret service, nsa police, NJ police, and some who came back to work for bpd and they all went threw the WHOLE academy.

Comment

• If you are currently MPTC certified, you go through a "short" lateral class which gets you familiar with the reports, 10 codes, etc. used in the BPD. If you are not MPTC certified, or have let it expire, you have to go through the entire academy.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 13628 users online. 448 members and 13180 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X