300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi to all again,

Its been quiet on the boards for a little bit....nice to see some posts up.

Completed my meeting with my BI yesterday. Seems like she is a straight shooter. She made me fill out this 270 questionnaire, which was real quick. After that, she went over the paperwork and made sure everything was Kosher. My BI also checked out my facebook and she Googled me. Have to say I never had my facebook analyzed.

I believe I got lucky cause she ended up scheduling me for the last three stages in the hiring process. I have my Poly on the 27th and my Med and Oral Psych on the 28th. To be honest, Im a little worried about the Poly. Not that I have anything to hide, but Ive never done one before. I was hoping that some of the folks on this forum would give me some insight into the Poly that BPD dose. Is it long? Dose the examiner ask a lot of questions? If you fail, can you retake it again? Just a overview on the Poly I suppose.

Finally my BI mentioned that she is trying to get me into the Feb class. Hopefully the Feb timeline sticks.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

• Congratulations and I wish you Luck!! Keep us posted
      MDRDEP:

There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

• If you fail the poly you are DQ'd and can't test with BPD anymore, I think. I dunno I didn't fail it lol.
        Neither a Republican nor Democrat, both parties are hopelessly flawed.

RIP to all my fallen brothers and sisters in blue I hope one day I can live up to your legacies because you live forever in my mind.

To anyone non-LEO don't get it twisted. Us officers may disagree on politics, sports, and any other issue but we will always be brothers and sisters at the end of the day and have each others back. To think otherwise is stupid.

Comment

• thanks for this thread!

Hey all, my first time posting here but ive been following this thread all throughout my hiring process which started in may when i took the written. It was great for answers to all types of questions and i wanna thank everybody on here for that. Just to update anyone who might be interested I did my final processing last week and i am being hired on tuesday the 14th. our academy class is set for dec 30th, the last class of 2010.

Comment

• Originally posted by 6010GOTASHOT? View Post
            Hi to all again,

Its been quiet on the boards for a little bit....nice to see some posts up.

Completed my meeting with my BI yesterday. Seems like she is a straight shooter. She made me fill out this 270 questionnaire, which was real quick. After that, she went over the paperwork and made sure everything was Kosher. My BI also checked out my facebook and she Googled me. Have to say I never had my facebook analyzed.

I believe I got lucky cause she ended up scheduling me for the last three stages in the hiring process. I have my Poly on the 27th and my Med and Oral Psych on the 28th. To be honest, Im a little worried about the Poly. Not that I have anything to hide, but Ive never done one before. I was hoping that some of the folks on this forum would give me some insight into the Poly that BPD dose. Is it long? Dose the examiner ask a lot of questions? If you fail, can you retake it again? Just a overview on the Poly I suppose.

Finally my BI mentioned that she is trying to get me into the Feb class. Hopefully the Feb timeline sticks.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
            Just be calm as possible and don't think to much.. You'll be fine...
            The Few, The Proud, The Marines...

Comment

• Originally posted by markyroddy View Post
              Hey all, my first time posting here but ive been following this thread all throughout my hiring process which started in may when i took the written. It was great for answers to all types of questions and i wanna thank everybody on here for that. Just to update anyone who might be interested I did my final processing last week and i am being hired on tuesday the 14th. our academy class is set for dec 30th, the last class of 2010.
              Congratulations
              BPD
              Written: 4/27
              Agility: 5/7
              Written Psych: 6/2
              Background Interview: 8/25
              Oral Psych: TBD
              Medical: TBD
              Poly: TBD
              Final Processing: TBD

Comment

• I'm half way tempted to give my BI a call, the wait is killing me
                BPD
                Written: 4/27
                Agility: 5/7
                Written Psych: 6/2
                Background Interview: 8/25

Comment

• Thanks for the tips, really appreciate it.

One question though, do they let you know right there if you passed your Poly?

Comment

• Hey it's my first time posting here I took the written earlier this month come to my surprise she told me I failed by a couple of points. I was really shocked it seemed easy to me, I have taken several other civil service exams and passed all. I don't know what was so different about this one... But I'm definately going to retake the test in 30 days!

Comment

• Originally posted by 6010GOTASHOT? View Post
                      Thanks for the tips, really appreciate it.

One question though, do they let you know right there if you passed your Poly?
                      Sometimes they do sometimes they don't I guess it depends on the administrator.
                      The Few, The Proud, The Marines...

Comment

• Hey Fellas
                        Just wondering if BI ever leave msgs on phones incase you are not able to answer your phone calls during the day because you are at work and dont have access to your calls. My part time job is tricky as i only can use my phone after hours. I have already handed my packet in and signed the Conditional Job Offer, just waiting for my BI. Any others did their psych end of October?
                        BPD
                        Written: 8/27
                        Agility: 8/28
                        Written Psych: 10/28
                        Background Interview: TBD

Comment

• FYI, the dept is looking to hire 200 people in 2011.

Comment

• Originally posted by howtobeapo View Post
                            Hey Fellas
                            Just wondering if BI ever leave msgs on phones incase you are not able to answer your phone calls during the day because you are at work and dont have access to your calls. My part time job is tricky as i only can use my phone after hours. I have already handed my packet in and signed the Conditional Job Offer, just waiting for my BI. Any others did their psych end of October?
                            BPD
                            Written: 8/27
                            Agility: 8/28
                            Written Psych: 10/28
                            Background Interview: TBD
                            the meeting usually takes about 2 months to be scheduled, but it looks like they are getting a class together for dec, so they are probably busy with that. it wont to give a call to touch base and make sure nothing is needed at this time.

Comment

• ----------
                              Last edited by TrueCross; 12-09-2010, 12:22 PM.

Comment

• anybody else gearing up for the dec. 30th class????? just found an apartment moving this wkend, great rates for police officers apparently! lol

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6816 users online. 371 members and 6445 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X