300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Name Taken View Post
    It's silly to get a CJ degree to be a police officer in MD at this time.

If police work is what you are interested become a cadet...start at 18 get your foot in the door...start getting paid...you start you retirement.

Go to school on the city or countys dime.
    city has kinda put the college tuition reimbursement on "hold", but what you said is exactly right.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fyrdoc View Post
      Thanks for the response, currently have a few EMS certs.
      they dont care about anything past whether you were honorably of dishonorably discharged. EMS experience wont matter past employment history. you (can) however buy back some of your time for being prior military.

Comment

• Originally posted by jcioccke View Post
        Anyone in the process? It has become very quiet in here.
        Waiting on the phone call from a background investigator like most everyone else who took the written psych in October.

Comment

• Originally posted by jcioccke View Post
          Anyone in the process? It has become very quiet in here.
          Still waiting to hear something on my background check
          BPD
          Written: 4/27
          Agility: 5/7
          Written Psych: 6/2
          Background Interview: 8/25
          Oral Psych: TBD
          Medical: TBD
          Poly: TBD
          Final Processing: TBD

Comment

• Background Investigator Meet Up

Hello to all,

I completed my written psych in October. Now I have my meeting with my background investigator this Tues. What happens during this part of the process? Will they give us dates for an oral psych and medical? As always any info would be greatly appreciated.

BPD Timeline

CST- 9/25
            PT Test - 9/26
            Written Psych - 10/21
            Background Investigator Meet up - 12/07

Comment

• Originally posted by 6010GOTASHOT? View Post
              Hello to all,

I completed my written psych in October. Now I have my meeting with my background investigator this Tues. What happens during this part of the process? Will they give us dates for an oral psych and medical? As always any info would be greatly appreciated.

BPD Timeline

CST- 9/25
              PT Test - 9/26
              Written Psych - 10/21
              Background Investigator Meet up - 12/07
              if you are lucky, you might get a date for the next step, but dont count on it. usually, you go in, he/she looks over your booklet, you answer whatever questions they may have and you go home.

Comment

• Originally posted by jvegas View Post
                if you are lucky, you might get a date for the next step, but dont count on it. usually, you go in, he/she looks over your booklet, you answer whatever questions they may have and you go home.
                pretty much that's it more paperwork...
                The Few, The Proud, The Marines...

Comment

• Thanks so much JVegas and Fab....will keep the board posted with what happens next.

Comment

• I have another stupid questions guys - does everyone continue with the hiring process after they pass the written or is it a certain amount of people from each test, like the top 100 or such?

Comment

• everyone that passes.

Comment

• Just looking to clear something up...they told me that I needed to have my credit report as well with all the other documentation I need to hand in whenever it is that they call me but I got my credit report in June. Could I use the one I received in June or do I need to get it again with this month displayed on it?

Comment

• You only get one truly free credit report a year. I wouldn't bother getting another one if you have that one in hand.

Comment

• will do, thanks

Comment

• The credit report has to be from no more than thirty (30) days prior to the day you hand in all your documents.
                              Last edited by APO Jay; 12-07-2010, 03:32 PM.

Comment

• eh, i bet they will accept it.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4320 users online. 271 members and 4049 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X