300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SportsterChop View Post
    good for you. i dont find this something to brag about. if your true intention was to pursue it to make the system better, and improve how "X" agency runs their ship, then it wouldnt be about the money. seems pretty clear that you found something to make money off and ran with it. cheap pay day. yea, judgemental of me, whatever- but if you dont like that, maybe dont post it on an open internet forum.
    This is the only time Ive ever brought it up. Plus it is in the law that I can end up with that much. I still have to pay for a lawyer and never be able to apply to this department ever again. I dont see any "bragging".
    I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

• Happy Thanksgiving to my fellow BPD officers. Be safe out there tonight
      Neither a Republican nor Democrat, both parties are hopelessly flawed.

RIP to all my fallen brothers and sisters in blue I hope one day I can live up to your legacies because you live forever in my mind.

To anyone non-LEO don't get it twisted. Us officers may disagree on politics, sports, and any other issue but we will always be brothers and sisters at the end of the day and have each others back. To think otherwise is stupid.

Comment

• Happy Thanksgiving
        No, maybe I can't win. Maybe the only thing I can do is just take everything he's got. But to beat me, he's going to have to kill me. And to kill me, he's gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me. And to do that, he's got to be willing to die himself. I don't know if he's ready to do that. I don't know.

Comment

• Is the PAT a graded event, where it will be looked upon how well you did during the hiring process or is it just pass/fail. Also, how many people barely make it in the run. I'm going to the two day event on the 3rd coming from CT. I'm slighly nervous about looking horrible for the run. I'm active Army in a CBWTU, and I used to be able to run sub-12 min two miles, but that isn't the case at the moment since I've spent the past 4 months laying in bed in Walter Reed from an RPG, compliments of Johnny Taliban. I'm just nervous as all hell about being 'that guy'.

Comment

• you arent graded on the PT test, but it is always good to go above and beyond the minimums. you have plenty of time ( I believe 16:30 or something like that) to complete the 1.5mile run, so don't worry, you could power walk it in that time if you had to. also, thank you for your brave military service. we appreciate your sacrifices.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueChord11B View Post
              Is the PAT a graded event, where it will be looked upon how well you did during the hiring process or is it just pass/fail. Also, how many people barely make it in the run. I'm going to the two day event on the 3rd coming from CT. I'm slighly nervous about looking horrible for the run. I'm active Army in a CBWTU, and I used to be able to run sub-12 min two miles, but that isn't the case at the moment since I've spent the past 4 months laying in bed in Walter Reed from an RPG, compliments of Johnny Taliban. I'm just nervous as all hell about being 'that guy'.
              It's pass/fail. Just do as best you can. Give the most efficient performance you can. Nothing more, nothing less. As stated before you will have an adequate amount of time to pass the run. Plus, you will have another shot at it if you do not knock it over the first time around. Welcome home fellow brother, can't keep an eleven bang bang down too long.

Comment

• Do your high school and college grades matter when trying to join bpd or any MD law enforcement for that matter??? I did just enough to pass in high school and my grades in the one and a half years of college were so so, im a little worried, Im going to apply anyway but I just wanted to know
                Last edited by jumpmansd24; 11-26-2010, 03:04 AM.

Comment

• eh, not really. half of the POT's in my class have no college or military.

Comment

• Wow, doesn't sound as competitive as I originally thought. I'm used to smaller departments up here in CT where 800 people will test for 1 or 2 spots on a department.

Comment

• The difference is BPD tests every Tuesday at 8am and 6pm where a smaller Dept in CT may test just once or twice a year. It is competitive there are many in these 160 pages of post who didn't make it on for one reason or another.
                      MDRDEP:

There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

• Its very competitive. I don't know where you got the notion that it wasn't.

RIP to all my fallen brothers and sisters in blue I hope one day I can live up to your legacies because you live forever in my mind.

To anyone non-LEO don't get it twisted. Us officers may disagree on politics, sports, and any other issue but we will always be brothers and sisters at the end of the day and have each others back. To think otherwise is stupid.

Comment

• I just said that from TGYNYY saying half his class didn't have any military or college .. it seems nowadays active duty experience doesn't count for much and many departments, even big ones like NYPD atleast require an associates, if not a bachelors. These departments up here in CT are really painful when it comes to hiring, some don't hire for 3 to 5 years at a time.

Comment

• Is 11B your MOS?

Comment

• Personnel processed 2000 applications for our class and hired 39. it is very selective.

Comment

• Wow, that just made me ten times more nervous .. I'd imagine now with the economy the way it is the department especially gets to pick and choose.. and yes MeBPD, my mos is 11b

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2557 users online. 194 members and 2363 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X