Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MeBPD View Post
    What exactly happened Fed?
    I applied to a recruiting event for a certain police department (remain nameless). The ad never said anything that this was a women's only event and they were stricting applications to women and the first 250 applicants. I was in the top 100 for admission but was restricted because I was a male. I got said recruiter to write down that this event and testing was limited to women and I went to EEOC and filed a complaint. EEOC showed cause that I was denied testing based upon my sex and ordered the department to test me which was appealed. EEOC got sick of waiting for them on the issue and sent me a letter stating that I can sue said department which I have recently done in the US District Court.
    I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

• sounds pretty ridiculous. what's the point? all suing will do is seal the deal that said agency won't hire you. not to mention what other departments might think of it...

Comment

• Originally posted by orlandofed5-0 View Post
        I applied to a recruiting event for a certain police department (remain nameless). The ad never said anything that this was a women's only event and they were stricting applications to women and the first 250 applicants. I was in the top 100 for admission but was restricted because I was a male. I got said recruiter to write down that this event and testing was limited to women and I went to EEOC and filed a complaint. EEOC showed cause that I was denied testing based upon my sex and ordered the department to test me which was appealed. EEOC got sick of waiting for them on the issue and sent me a letter stating that I can sue said department which I have recently done in the US District Court.

Yep and you will win in court. Depts cannot offer something to one sex only. It is textbook discrimination.
        Last edited by SHU; 11-20-2010, 03:14 PM. Reason: k

Comment

• Originally posted by TGYNYY View Post
          sounds pretty ridiculous. what's the point? all suing will do is seal the deal that said agency won't hire you. not to mention what other departments might think of it...
          Fed already is an officer so he won't have to worry about that agency not hiring him.
          Neither a Republican nor Democrat, both parties are hopelessly flawed.

RIP to all my fallen brothers and sisters in blue I hope one day I can live up to your legacies because you live forever in my mind.

To anyone non-LEO don't get it twisted. Us officers may disagree on politics, sports, and any other issue but we will always be brothers and sisters at the end of the day and have each others back. To think otherwise is stupid.

Comment

You can not legally restrict testing to one set of applicants if the position is open up to eveyrone. They can have a women's only recruiting event but can not legally restrict testing. I should know, I recently got my noticed from EEOC for an intent to sue over a deppartment that did that too me.
            yah, but thats what it is, as far as i know...nothing but a recruiting event. im pretty sure that after the actual "event" they test anyone who shows up.

Comment

sounds pretty ridiculous. what's the point? all suing will do is seal the deal that said agency won't hire you. not to mention what other departments might think of it...
              I have no desire to get hired by said agency now. At the time I did as I found it to be a nice agency I would of liked to have worked for. The point is that an agency can recruit or attempt to recruit at certain events such as women, black/white etc but can not legally restrict the testing. They will lose and in the end I can end up with a pay day of up to 5x the amount of the starting salary plus my costs.
              I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

• Originally posted by SGT. Joe Friday View Post
                You took the NYPD exam almost four years ago??!!!
                Yeah but I wasn't 21 till last year.
                NYPD
                Exam# - 7011 (02/2008)
                List# - under 100
                Medical - Passed
                Psych Wrt - Passed
                Psych Int - Passed
                JST - Passed 4/30/11
                Mini-Med- Passed 3rd time 5/23/11
                Met with BI- done
                Academy - July 2011?????

DEP Environmental Police Officer Exam #8330
                List#under 20
                Medical- Passed 4/25/11
                Psych Wrt-Passed 4/28/11
                Psych Int-Passed 5/4/11
                JST-Passed 4/30/11
                Met with BI-Same BI as NYPD
                Academy-I heard June Possibly

Comment

• What floor is the civil service exam on? 601 is a pretty large building, just want to be clear.

Comment

• Originally posted by jay116 View Post
                    What floor is the civil service exam on? 601 is a pretty large building, just want to be clear.
                    It will be on the third floor but you go through the metal detector at the entrance to the building and are led up as a group by an administrator.

I dont know who you are so dont take offense to this but I watched guys in jeans and polos get turned away. So wear slacks and polo at the very least.
                    13O2 Aug '10
                    List: <1000

Comment

I have no desire to get hired by said agency now. At the time I did as I found it to be a nice agency I would of liked to have worked for. The point is that an agency can recruit or attempt to recruit at certain events such as women, black/white etc but can not legally restrict the testing. They will lose and in the end I can end up with a pay day of up to 5x the amount of the starting salary plus my costs.
                      good for you. i dont find this something to brag about. if your true intention was to pursue it to make the system better, and improve how "X" agency runs their ship, then it wouldnt be about the money. seems pretty clear that you found something to make money off and ran with it. cheap pay day. yea, judgemental of me, whatever- but if you dont like that, maybe dont post it on an open internet forum.
                      use my trueprotein.com discount code for 5% off- MTD244

Comment

• Thanks sgt.joe. Yes I know, I'm going in a suit minus the blazer. I was told whenever your in HQ you should dress accordingly and professionally if you really want it, so that's what i'm going to do.

Comment

• wear the blazer. almost everyone will be in a suit

Comment

wear the blazer. almost everyone will be in a suit
                            Jay- this is good advice. If you have a blazer, definitely wear it. If you don't, do your best to get one. I've worn a suit to everything except the physical agility, most others did as well. At my written psyc there was a guy wearing dress pants, shirt and tie, and he had a zip-up jacket over this (shirt and tie still clearly visible) and he was turned away and told to come back when he had a blazer/suit on like everyone else. I was there again recently for background and there was a guy there for poly wearing almost exactly what the guy I saw get turned away was wearing, but the guy for the poly was not turned away. So, getting turned away for lack of blazer/suit seems to depend on who greets you- I wouldn't take the chance.
                            use my trueprotein.com discount code for 5% off- MTD244

Comment

• thanks for the advice, def. wearing the blazer on that note

Comment

• Yeah I remember for the written a guy came in wearing a hoodie and jeans. He wasn't exactly turned away, but the officer working the front desk, (I think a K-9 officer grabbing some overtime) did definitely suggest that the guy try coming back later, when he was a little better dressed.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10567 users online. 371 members and 10196 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X