300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by APO Jay View Post
    Oh okay. I hope they do do that. When I was at recruitment last Thursday I saw on the board that they wanted to hire 350 next year. Maybe they will roll that remaining 61 into 2011. We'll see.
    its more likely that the next class wont be until 2011. based on the old numbers of 6 class per year x 50 recruits= 300. in all honesty, it would be stretching it to have much more than 50 in a class or to have 7 classes. i would say that closer to 275 is more accurate for the number that will be hired by 2012.

Comment

• for those of you that are currently applicants, new hires or considering BPD...

our 2011 contract is in negotiations. The city wants to cut pay 1.95% through July 2011, which equals 5 furlough days. you dont get the days off, though, until late next year. they also want to impose a $5 per pay prescription deductible. I will update the board as things progress. Voting is happening today on the proposed contract.

Comment

• Originally posted by jvegas View Post
        for those of you that are currently applicants, new hires or considering BPD...

our 2011 contract is in negotiations. The city wants to cut pay 1.95% through July 2011, which equals 5 furlough days. you dont get the days off, though, until late next year. they also want to impose a $5 per pay prescription deductible. I will update the board as things progress. Voting is happening today on the proposed contract.
        If this contract passes I will be stunned.
        Neither a Republican nor Democrat, both parties are hopelessly flawed.

RIP to all my fallen brothers and sisters in blue I hope one day I can live up to your legacies because you live forever in my mind.

To anyone non-LEO don't get it twisted. Us officers may disagree on politics, sports, and any other issue but we will always be brothers and sisters at the end of the day and have each others back. To think otherwise is stupid.

Comment

• Originally posted by MeBPD View Post
          i hope not, but sadly i think that in the end we are gonna screwed. the FOP has given up so many things in the past that its hard to fight city hall for anything. The fire labor union accepts even worse contracts every year, so it kinda hurts the FOP when fighting for something better. Id be shocked if we come out of this without giving up anything. no raises for the past 2 years, increase in pension contributions, increase in health insurance, patrol's furlough last year, and everything else that we lost in the short time i have been on is enough.

Comment

i hope not, but sadly i think that in the end we are gonna screwed. the FOP has given up so many things in the past that its hard to fight city hall for anything. The fire labor union accepts even worse contracts every year, so it kinda hurts the FOP when fighting for something better. Id be shocked if we come out of this without giving up anything. no raises for the past 2 years, increase in pension contributions, increase in health insurance, patrol's furlough last year, and everything else that we lost in the short time i have been on is enough.
            Yeah we definitely are gonna give up something. I just hope its something less then the 5 days that you know we won't get back.

RIP to all my fallen brothers and sisters in blue I hope one day I can live up to your legacies because you live forever in my mind.

To anyone non-LEO don't get it twisted. Us officers may disagree on politics, sports, and any other issue but we will always be brothers and sisters at the end of the day and have each others back. To think otherwise is stupid.

Comment

• Originally posted by MeBPD View Post
              I'd be shocked if it didnt pass.

Good luck guys...no one is winning in these....only two counties have held their own without losing anything....the majority are giving back.

Comment

• can someone tell me approximately how long the first meeting with background investigator lasts? thanks
                use my trueprotein.com discount code for 5% off- MTD244

Comment

• Originally posted by SportsterChop View Post
                  can someone tell me approximately how long the first meeting with background investigator lasts? thanks
                  4-5 hours depending on how much he/she needs to go over in your background. Plan on being there till about lunchtime though.
                  BPD
                  Written: 4/27
                  Agility: 5/7
                  Written Psych: 6/2
                  Background Interview: 8/25
                  Oral Psych: TBD
                  Medical: TBD
                  Poly: TBD
                  Final Processing: TBD

Comment

• thank you.
                    use my trueprotein.com discount code for 5% off- MTD244

Comment

• Originally posted by Name Taken View Post
                      I'd be shocked if it didnt pass.

Good luck guys...no one is winning in these....only two counties have held their own without losing anything....the majority are giving back.
                      so about 90% voted against the proposal. doesnt really mean anything, except that we sent a message to city hall. in the end, they still have the last say, though.

Comment

so about 90% voted against the proposal. doesnt really mean anything, except that we sent a message to city hall. in the end, they still have the last say, though.
                        95% vegas. I really hope they listen to these numbers and realize they need to come up with something a little bit better.

Comment

• Got a call from my B.I. on Friday. Scheduled to meet at the end of the month

Comment

• Is there any advantage of going to a two day processing event vs down on a Tuesday and test?
                            (minus out multiple trips)

I just want to fly out test and get the ball rolling. Thanks
                            MDRDEP:

There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

• You two should carpool together.

Comment

• And to answer you jc I have no idea I had to make multiple trips from Jersey. Its not too far of a ride from me so if your from NYC it shouldn't be either. Upstate is another story.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4191 users online. 286 members and 3905 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X