Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone tell me what the poly is like...I have never taken one before. Are they diff for each agency? PM me if needed.
    WWW.FIRSTRESPONDERS911.NET

Comment

• Hey everyone,

Talked to my background investigator today. I'm basically done wth the process but he is still doing my background investigation, and said he wasn't sure how much longer i was going to take.

Anyways, I asked him if he knew when the next academy classes were going to start. He said that a new class will begin about 2 weeks from today, but it's about 95% full already. He also said that he wasn't sure when the next class would be held after November, but said possibly January, if money allows it. Just wanted to give ya a heads up.
      Look sharp, act sharp, be sharp.

Comment

• hello i have a question about baltimore's vision requirements....What are they? thanks guys

Comment

• Originally posted by the.lost.one View Post
          Question........since when did BPD change to an 8lb trigger, it used to be 12lb ?

The change was made in 2007.
          GO CAVS!!

Comment

• Originally posted by NYRESCUE View Post
            Can anyone tell me what the poly is like...I have never taken one before. Are they diff for each agency? PM me if needed.
            Polys are exactly what you think they are. Unconfortable, weird, somewhat stressful even when you know you are telling the truth. Cold and clinical.

Just tell the truth and you will be fine.
            GO CAVS!!

Comment

• in-state test, is this an informal exam?

I plan to head up tomorrow or wed for the exam Baltimore PD gives every week. Is this an informal exam?

Comment

• Is Baltimore PD on a freeze?

Comment

• dand2,

make sure to look professional and wear a suit and tie.
                  just my .02 cents
                  Look sharp, act sharp, be sharp.

Comment

• Their website doesn't make mention of a freeze...

As for wearing a suit, for a written exam? I have taken many exams and rarely see anyone wearing suits...

Comment

• Suit

Please note, I am not law enforcement,

I recently went to the BPD testing about two weeks ago and not many people were dressed in suits. In fact the proctor/recruitment officer pointed out to an applicant who was dressed in a shirt and tie and said,"from this point on you are to be dressed like him..If I have to wear this tie so do you". I think it is a great idea to come dressed in a suit and tie, it demonstrates a level of professionalism and seriousness. Unfortunately I was not able to wear a suit and tie because I was coming from work and did not have enough time; but I really want this job so I make sure that every time I step into that building I am shaved, and in a suit.

I wish you best of luck on your test; its pretty easy so you should do fine, and if possible just thrown on that suit, but if you can't its not a big deal.

Comment

• I have never known any written test to require a suit...nor is anyone taking notes of who is or isnt wearing one. But any time other than that i would be in one. BTW did you send in an application first before you took the test?

Comment

• Originally posted by godson123 View Post
                          Please note, I am not law enforcement,

I recently went to the BPD testing about two weeks ago and not many people were dressed in suits. In fact the proctor/recruitment officer pointed out to an applicant who was dressed in a shirt and tie and said,"from this point on you are to be dressed like him..If I have to wear this tie so do you". I think it is a great idea to come dressed in a suit and tie, it demonstrates a level of professionalism and seriousness. Unfortunately I was not able to wear a suit and tie because I was coming from work and did not have enough time; but I really want this job so I make sure that every time I step into that building I am shaved, and in a suit.

I wish you best of luck on your test; its pretty easy so you should do fine, and if possible just thrown on that suit, but if you can't its not a big deal.
                          I completely agree. When I went to take the written test, I was wearing a nice pair of dress slacks and nice sweater. The recruiters do notice and they made the same announcement. If a particular SGT. sees you, and you aren't dressed appropriately, he will send you home and/or embarass. Why take the chance you know?

Good Luck Everyone!
                          Baltimore Police Department
                          **Finally :0)**

Comment

• How often are BPD scheduling academies? I am thinking about applying, however I want to be in academy by next June.

Comment

• their written really is easy.....i was surprised to see people actually fail it.....i took it today with no problem...

Comment

• Is there a residency requirement and if so are there "cop neighborhoods"? How is the moral? I am looking for less "political" departments than Chicago, considering Baltimore.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10629 users online. 358 members and 10271 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X