300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jvegas View Post
    its just a figure of speech. usually in the LE hiring process, hearing from your BI for anything other than scheduling/hiring is for something bad.
    lol very true i gotcha
    I heard it, i believe it, i awnsered.. THE CALL..

Comment

• Typically, big envelopes and phone calls are good and little envelopes are bad.

After the written psych, you technically enter the initial background phase where they have someone sort through the paper work you gave them and decide if they will pursue you further.

Keep up hope. The last I heard, BPD wants to hire a bunch so they might start shucking applicants faster
      13O2 Aug '10
      List: <1000

Comment

• This is my first post here. Happy to be joining the community.

I have a long way to go before this question even matters, but I saw some posts about lunch at the academy and thought I would go ahead and ask. I have a very strict diet (vegan: no meat, dairy, eggs, etc.) and was just wondering how big a problem this will be at the academy. I'm fine with needing to bring my own food (if that's an option), but I just want to be able to get everything I need, in terms of nutrients/protein/etc., and that's usually difficult to do with cafeteria food once you subtract all the things I can't eat.

Thanks in advance.
        BPD
        Written: 10/26
        Agility: 11/6 (upcoming)
        Written Psych: TBD
        Background Interview: TBD
        Oral Psych: TBD
        Medical: TBD
        Poly: TBD
        Final Processing: TBD

Comment

• Originally posted by blundy View Post
          This is my first post here. Happy to be joining the community.

I have a long way to go before this question even matters, but I saw some posts about lunch at the academy and thought I would go ahead and ask. I have a very strict diet (vegan: no meat, dairy, eggs, etc.) and was just wondering how big a problem this will be at the academy. I'm fine with needing to bring my own food (if that's an option), but I just want to be able to get everything I need, in terms of nutrients/protein/etc., and that's usually difficult to do with cafeteria food once you subtract all the things I can't eat.

Thanks in advance.
          bringing your own food is really the only option.

Comment

• Originally posted by jvegas View Post
            bringing your own food is really the only option.
            Thanks. That would be totally fine (and probably preferable). I just wasn't sure if that would even be allowed.

Thanks again.
            BPD
            Written: 10/26
            Agility: 11/6 (upcoming)
            Written Psych: TBD
            Background Interview: TBD
            Oral Psych: TBD
            Medical: TBD
            Poly: TBD
            Final Processing: TBD

Comment

• Originally posted by tc61899 View Post
              Hey I had a few questions about Baltimore PD. I am currently applying with St. Louis City PD and have heard Baltimore is hiring too. I havent been able to get in touch with any recruiters, but from what I understand on the website you start with the civil service exam which is every tuesday, is that correct? How does their hiring process work and how long does it take? One last question since I could not find any guidelines on their websites. I'm 22 with a bachelors degree in history. When I was 19, I got a public intox and underage drinking ticket. Both tickets occurred in the same night from the same incident, they just gave me two charges instead of one. Would this disqualify me from getting a job with Baltimore?
              Thanks

I would like to know the same thing about Baltimore PD as well.

Comment

• this a 157 page thread. im sure the answers to your questions are here. the citations should not be a big issue, but you may need to have your record expunged, sealed, whatever.

Comment

• not sure how, or if, it changes once you have earned some rights, but right now, we get 10-13 minutes to eat. so you might not be able to cover all your groups. you want high energy foods.

Comment

• Originally posted by INdeputysheriff View Post
                    Does BPD issue take home cars only if you live in Baltimore or They just dont issue them? Get in the car before your shift kind of thing!
                    Dude we barely have enough cars to cover a shift and most of the time were always down cars and are forced to double up

Comment

• Originally posted by TGYNYY View Post
                      not sure how, or if, it changes once you have earned some rights, but right now, we get 10-13 minutes to eat. so you might not be able to cover all your groups. you want high energy foods.
                      some people do get take homes. Dets detailed to Hidta get them, Sgts and up get them at IAD, Lts and up get them in certain specialized units, Deputy Majors and up all get them. im not sure how it works for those detailed to the various other units.

Comment

• my wife and I have decided to rent out our basement on a 3-6 month basis, starting january-ish 2011. it will be available to those on this forum that have been hired by Police Depts in the area and looking for a place to stay in MD. you'll have your own living room (52" plasma TV, xbox360, PS3, Wii, cable, internet, sink, small fridge, couches, cabinets), bedroom with large closet, full bath, use of the laundry room, full use of kitchen, private driveway parking, quiet neighborhood. all you'll need is a bed. Looks like we are going to offer it for $600/month plus 1/3 utilities (about $125 month), $200 security deposit. i can provide pics of the space to those interested when the time comes. hoping to have it available for the next BPD academy class, but its open to other agencies as well.

Comment

• Damn vegas I coulda used that when I was going through lol
                          Neither a Republican nor Democrat, both parties are hopelessly flawed.

RIP to all my fallen brothers and sisters in blue I hope one day I can live up to your legacies because you live forever in my mind.

To anyone non-LEO don't get it twisted. Us officers may disagree on politics, sports, and any other issue but we will always be brothers and sisters at the end of the day and have each others back. To think otherwise is stupid.

Comment

• Originally posted by MeBPD View Post
                            Damn vegas I coulda used that when I was going through lol
                            hopefully someone else needs the help.

Comment

• went and saw the new class today just as they got back from a run and were lining up in the gym. looked like a small class, how many do you have?

Comment

• we started with 39, are down to 35.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2373 users online. 162 members and 2211 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X