Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it the same as the application PT or does it involve that insane obstacle course?
    13O2 Aug '10
    List: <1000

Comment

• Originally posted by SGT. Joe Friday View Post
      Is it the same as the application PT or does it involve that insane obstacle course?
      same as the PT test, but tougher standards. if you are under 30 yrs, you will have to run the 1.5mile in about 12mins, do about 50 pushups in a min, about 40 situps, and over 125% of body weight (for males).

it used to be a 60% on the coopers scale, but im not sure if they changed it.
      Last edited by jvegas; 10-31-2010, 09:40 AM.

Comment

• I've got some work to do then assuming all MD academies use a similar scale. Thanks
        13O2 Aug '10
        List: <1000

Comment

• Originally posted by SGT. Joe Friday View Post
          I've got some work to do then assuming all MD academies use a similar scale. Thanks

its not a MD standard. the final test has a 6' wall jump, which i think is a MD standard. and even if you fail the first PT test, most people pass by the midterm after being in remedial for 3mos. after 6mos anyone should be up on level.
          Last edited by jvegas; 10-31-2010, 09:53 AM.

Comment

• TG, im gonna stop by on Monday I need to get something from the academy anyway. But ill make sure I come nice and early to see you guys in action lol. Vegas you gonna come too?
            Neither a Republican nor Democrat, both parties are hopelessly flawed.

RIP to all my fallen brothers and sisters in blue I hope one day I can live up to your legacies because you live forever in my mind.

To anyone non-LEO don't get it twisted. Us officers may disagree on politics, sports, and any other issue but we will always be brothers and sisters at the end of the day and have each others back. To think otherwise is stupid.

Comment

• Originally posted by MeBPD View Post
              TG, im gonna stop by on Monday I need to get something from the academy anyway. But ill make sure I come nice and early to see you guys in action lol. Vegas you gonna come too?
              maybe on tuesday. got some things going on for monday.

Comment

• We're off Monday due to the Halloween details for the instructors. Tuesday bright and early. Came down with a nice touch of the flu today too, perfect timing.

Comment

• Is reporting time 0639?
                  Neither a Republican nor Democrat, both parties are hopelessly flawed.

RIP to all my fallen brothers and sisters in blue I hope one day I can live up to your legacies because you live forever in my mind.

To anyone non-LEO don't get it twisted. Us officers may disagree on politics, sports, and any other issue but we will always be brothers and sisters at the end of the day and have each others back. To think otherwise is stupid.

Comment

• typically reporting time is 0739, but this week its 0700.

Comment

• damn, friday was just orientation and you guys were nervous? thats the easiest day you'll have for the next 7 months.

Comment

• Do you know if BPD will be getting taser as apart of the standard issue equipment. I do see more and more Officer having them elsewhere. To me it would be helpful for Officers in the streets.
                        I heard it, i believe it, i awnsered.. THE CALL..

Comment

• Originally posted by INdeputysheriff View Post
                          Do you know if BPD will be getting taser as apart of the standard issue equipment. I do see more and more Officer having them elsewhere. To me it would be helpful for Officers in the streets.
                          the last class that graduated got them. i think all classes are scheduled to get them now.

Comment

• Originally posted by jvegas View Post
                            damn, friday was just orientation and you guys were nervous? thats the easiest day you'll have for the next 7 months.
                            yup I was nervous/anxious/excited for the first day.. I was expecting crazy mode the first day...
                            The Few, The Proud, The Marines...

Comment

• im with ya fab. i figure if you aren't nervous on your first day you aren't fully committed

Comment

• Originally posted by jvegas View Post
                                the last class that graduated got them. i think all classes are scheduled to get them now.
                                Each class gets about 25 tasers. I'm not sure how they pick which trainees get the tasers, but the ones that get them are detailed to CSU after field training.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2409 users online. 173 members and 2236 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X