Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is their lateral academy like?

Thanks!
    The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

"And maybe just remind the few, if ill of us they speak,
    that we are all that stands between
    the monsters and the weak." - Michael Marks

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by jchughes05 View Post
      What is their lateral academy like?

Thanks!
      As far as I know there is no lateral academy in Baltimore.

Comment

• So do laterals go through the entire thing?
        The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

sigpic

Comment

• jchughes05,

When I was attending the out-of-state testing in Sept., an officer with the recruitment unit anwsered questions and said that people with previous LE experience have to go through the entire academy just like recruits with no experience.
          But you may want to call recruitment and speak with an officer.
          Look sharp, act sharp, be sharp.

Comment

• I just asked because on the "Already an Officer?" site is states "shortened training".. dunno if that meant FTO or ACademy.

I Am the Sheepdog.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by jchughes05 View Post
              I just asked because on the "Already an Officer?" site is states "shortened training".. dunno if that meant FTO or ACademy.
              In my class of 53 we have a former Baltimore Sheriff who went through the SAME academy less than 3 years ago. There's also 2 former Pa. police officers, a former NJ sheriff deputy, and the craziest of all, a former Baltimore City Police officer he was on the force for almost 4 years and was an FTO. LMAO. So no shortened academy for ANYONE.

Comment

• Originally posted by Icekold View Post
                In my class of 53 we have a former Baltimore Sheriff who went through the SAME academy less than 3 years ago. There's also 2 former Pa. police officers, a former NJ sheriff deputy, and the craziest of all, a former Baltimore City Police officer he was on the force for almost 4 years and was an FTO. LMAO. So no shortened academy for ANYONE.
                that is not entirely true...

they have to do the whole academy because their certification expired between leaving and being rehired. BPD does have a lateral class, but its mostly an in-service and field training program.

Comment

• Originally posted by Icekold View Post
                  .....a former Baltimore City Police officer he was on the force for almost 4 years and was an FTO. LMAO. So no shortened academy for ANYONE.
                  that dude left for a desk job and got bored and came back...his cert expired thats why he has to go through another class....i give him props, i could never do it again
                  "Sometimes there is Justice and sometimes there is Just Us"

Comment

• Hey Guys,

I took the Physical agility test this past weekend; it was a very interesting experience to say the least. The recruiters were all real nice and seemed to want all the applicants to past. I've taken the test for MSP and it does not even measure up lol....There were instances in which the recruiters were actually "helping" some of the applicants..especially in the sit and reach. All in all I passed and I was happy to see that most of the applicants made it through as well. I have my initial background interview tom. I am very surprised how fast the initial stages of the process are being done, it has not even been two weeks since I started the process.

In response to JVegas; I appreciate the warning, I am prepared for things to slow down at anytime, I understand that some phases of this process will take sometime.

How is the department in terms of man-power? is there a large shortage of officers in Baltimore or is the magnitude of the shortage simply being inflated?

Thanks guys !

Comment

• Question........since when did BPD change to an 8lb trigger, it used to be 12lb ? Also as I recall the department has 4,000 members more or less. The majority are uniformed officers the rest are broken down to specialized units.

Man would I love to see you new POT's on reception day!!!

" Understand this some of you don't belong here ......" LOL

" STAND ASIDE " LOL

Comment

• I hear on a regular basis that BPD is seriously short...don't know how true it is...but everytime I turn on the radio there's always an ad.
                        Baltimore Police Department
                        **Finally :0)**

Comment

• BPD is always short, you have to understand alot of members leave within 2-3yrs of service. Some figure that since they get so much on the job experience that they'll be better off in another dept. but there's always a trade off.

Comment

• Originally posted by the.lost.one View Post
                            Question........since when did BPD change to an 8lb trigger, it used to be 12lb ? Also as I recall the department has 4,000 members more or less. The majority are uniformed officers the rest are broken down to specialized units.

Man would I love to see you new POT's on reception day!!!

" Understand this some of you don't belong here ......" LOL

" STAND ASIDE " LOL
                            theres no more "stand aside", since moving to the new academy at pimlico. it is an 8lb trigger, maybe since going to the .40? uniformed patrol is supposed to be about 3000, however, there are only about 2200, last i heard from an FOP trustee.

Comment

• Originally posted by jvegas View Post
                              theres no more "stand aside", since moving to the new academy at pimlico. it is an 8lb trigger, maybe since going to the .40? uniformed patrol is supposed to be about 3000, however, there are only about 2200, last i heard from an FOP trustee.
                              When I was there 2006 we had .40 12lb trig. How long have you been a member of BPD?

Comment

• Originally posted by the.lost.one View Post
                                When I was there 2006 we had .40 12lb trig. How long have you been a member of BPD?
                                about a year. it is definitely an 8lb now, i know this from range instructors and to qual with off duty, you need the armory to install an 8lb trigger.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8087 users online. 234 members and 7853 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X