300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Icekold View Post
    The three southern districts. I live in Mont. County so was thinking about convenience. Actually I don't care where I'm sent as long as it ain't the central.
    Wouldn't it be funny when you find out where you are getting stationed at it's central...

Comment

• Originally posted by Street_Cop50 View Post
      Icekold, why don't you want to be assigned to Central?
      Man there's a bunch of reasons. Alot of it has to do with my perception of the district. The Harbor, tourists, traffic jams, THE HARBOR! I picture myself running from a shoplifting call to a fender bender to a homeless guy trespassing back to another shoplifting or kids loitering then to a stolen wallet from a hotel room. That kinda stuff. Experience like that will come soon enough. I wanna experience the rough side of policing in this city that I doubt the CD can give me. I actually wanted to choose WD, NW, or ED but I swear 85% of my class chose one of those three. Like I said the CD is what I perceive. I could be WAY off but I havent had the opportunity to speak to any officers about the CD experience. And yea, with it being my last choice, I'm already mentally preparing myself to be sent there. It's the way of the world.

Comment

• .................................................. ......................
        Last edited by Tee.Elle.; 08-31-2010, 01:31 PM.

Comment

• Icekold and Tell.Elle,

thanks for the info/your input
          Look sharp, act sharp, be sharp.

Comment

Man there's a bunch of reasons. Alot of it has to do with my perception of the district. The Harbor, tourists, traffic jams, THE HARBOR! I picture myself running from a shoplifting call to a fender bender to a homeless guy trespassing back to another shoplifting or kids loitering then to a stolen wallet from a hotel room. That kinda stuff. Experience like that will come soon enough. I wanna experience the rough side of policing in this city that I doubt the CD can give me. I actually wanted to choose WD, NW, or ED but I swear 85% of my class chose one of those three. Like I said the CD is what I perceive. I could be WAY off but I havent had the opportunity to speak to any officers about the CD experience. And yea, with it being my last choice, I'm already mentally preparing myself to be sent there. It's the way of the world.
            in my opinion, SED is the best place to field train. it has the widest variety of classes... lower, middle, and upper. you will learn how to deal with the whole city, as opposed to just dealing with either rich people or drug dealers/junkies. sector 2 in the SED is exactly like the ED, sector 3 is like the ND (in terms of wealthy citizens). the richest man in the city, cant think of his name, lives in the SED in canton... 5 mins away, near orleans/ellwood park, you will have shootings and armed robberies on a regular basis. people from my class wanted WD or ED so that they would "get into action", however, im the one that got an on view shooting, an on view armed robbery and got into a foot chase and caught the guy with a loaded .45 who was a felon on probation, and got a 185 pills off a dealer who happened to be a convicted felon on probation. SED is also the only district that trainees work with flex in plain clothes.

Comment

I wanna experience the rough side of policing in this city that I doubt the CD can give me. I actually wanted to choose WD, NW, or ED but I swear 85% of my class chose one of those three. Like I said the CD is what I perceive.

First of all, Let me say how nice it is to all these little youngins like vegas and co. taking my place as the "BPD Answer guy". LOOK AT YOU ALL ...YOU ALL GROWED UP!...actually, you guys are still dumb rookies, but your getting there.

To Icekold, if you want to the rough side of policing and don't think its in the Central...let me introduce you to Pennsylvania Ave. My district only has the top end. Central has the majority of it. Central is not the Eastern or Western but their officers have all the rough stuff they can handle at the top end of the district.

However, I do agree there are major dowsides to the Central. Parking, getting around during rush hour, etc. Those are reasons not go there, but not lack of "action".

The fact is, there isn't a district left that is soft anymore.
              GO CAVS!!

Comment

• Originally posted by B-More Dawg View Post
                First of all, Let me say how nice it is to all these little youngins like vegas and co. taking my place as the "BPD Answer guy". LOOK AT YOU ALL ...YOU ALL GROWED UP!...actually, you guys are still dumb rookies, but your getting there.
                thanks for the kind words.

Comment

• Originally posted by B-More Dawg View Post
                  ...actually, you guys are still dumb rookies, but your getting there.
                  thats it, i am going to the state police...i dont need this type of abuse
                  "Sometimes there is Justice and sometimes there is Just Us"

Comment

• One stop to read/see the action

Some of you probably know about the Police Blotter on The Baltimore Sun website: http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/loc...3.storygallery

It lists activity out by districts.

Also, how much of the academy day is classroom vs. other stuff. Can anyone offer some kind of breakdown? I'm hoping to make at least the Dec. class and would like to have an idea of how the days go.

Thanks!

Comment

• .................................................. ......................
                      Last edited by Tee.Elle.; 08-31-2010, 01:31 PM.

Comment

• What's the lateral academy like?
                        The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

"And maybe just remind the few, if ill of us they speak,
                        that we are all that stands between
                        the monsters and the weak." - Michael Marks

sigpic

Comment

• Hey Guys,

Well I officially started the application process for BPD yesterday. I took the civil test which was pretty easy; there were about 10 applicants in there and most of them passed. We spoke to the recruiter and asked him to give us a gist of the process. He told me that compared to other agencies; their process is faster...I'm actually taking the physical agility test this Sat and provided that I pass I will have my background interview the following week. The application looked rather small compared to other agencies that I have looked at. I will keep everyone up to date..good luck to everyone ...
                          Last edited by godson123; 10-30-2008, 01:36 AM.

Comment

• cool man, good luck
                            Look sharp, act sharp, be sharp.

Comment

• Originally posted by godson123 View Post
                              Hey Guys,

...I'm actually taking the physical agility test this Sat and provided that I pass I will have my background interview the following week...
                              dont count on that. my friend that is applying did the civil test, agility and then psych within 2 weeks. he turned in his packet during the psych and hasnt heard anything in about 3 weeks regarding the background interview.

im only saying this so you dont go into panic mode if it doesnt go that way for you.

Comment

• With the high numbers of applicants, why does BCPD only have one poly person, or at least that's they way it was conveyed to me. I've had my BI and pscyhe interview but they said poly was backed up. I was given the impression that getting into Nov. could be tough. We'll see. I'll call tomorrow to see what they tell me.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6561 users online. 284 members and 6277 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X