300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 6010GOTASHOT? View Post
    According to the SGT. BPD is trying to get two more classes in before the year is out. One would think that if this is the case, then processing would be lightening fast, but we shall see.

I took the PT test on Sat, I ran in the Yellow group....boy oh boy was happy when that was over with. Now Im curious to see how long will it take for BPD to get back to us with a written psych date.

Times ticking...
    they probably have applicants pending for both of those classes, already. sorry, but thats the game. look to be hired (if you are) in about 8 mos.

Comment

• looks like Fab, TGY, and bmore are about to get jobs here soon. good luck to you 3, and anyone else that is done that i forgot about.

Comment

• thanks jvegas. wish i didn't apply to so many places! haha BI told me that is what's holding me up. oh well, I'll just sit and wait, like I have been since I started applying to be LEO well over a year ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by jvegas View Post
          yah but this isnt just BPD, BPD is actually one of the quicker agencies to get hired by. you gotta think of it like this... BPD gets 1000's of applications for each class. not sure how many BIs there are, but i doubt its more than 10. things take time. this isnt best buy that you are applying to. LE agencies are hiring people and giving them guns, a alot of power. someone being inconvenienced by having to retake an agility test is the least of any agency's concern. MD sets the standard of how long each test is good for, not the individual agency. MD is one of the few states where Gov't regulates every police dept in the state. its the price of living in a liberal state with big govt and applying for a tough career to get into.
          I agree with the logic but things can sometimes be more efficient without sacrificing speed. If it's like any other division, I'm sure they're not working as hard as they could, 10 guys or not.

DE State can have you through 2 processes a year. They have dont the application overload that BPD does though. Maybe about 2600/year. I think Maryland is backwards anyway. Departments can eliminate a lot applicants and save time and money by having a written, physical and oral board as their first steps. These are followed by a confidential questionaire. After they read the questionaire, those 10 guys can decide who they want to further pursue instead of wasting money only to find out they didn't like your baggage, ie: Mo-Co Guy. :In my humble, unchosen opinion lol:
          Last edited by SGT. Joe Friday; 09-26-2010, 03:56 PM.
          13O2 Aug '10
          List: <1000

Comment

• Originally posted by jvegas View Post
            looks like Fab, TGY, and bmore are about to get jobs here soon. good luck to you 3, and anyone else that is done that i forgot about.
            Thank you sir!

Comment

• Originally posted by TGYNYY View Post
              thanks jvegas. wish i didn't apply to so many places! haha BI told me that is what's holding me up. oh well, I'll just sit and wait, like I have been since I started applying to be LEO well over a year ago.
              Don't worry dude. You will get it. Although it seems like they would have knocked that out 1st before having you finish the whole process.

I'm lookin forward to the prehire gig just in case things get delayed. The dude I met who took the 1st agility test and retest with me said he was getting hired on the 7th and they are lookin to pre hire him at either hq or the training facility.

Comment

• Originally posted by ArmySFC View Post
                I was blue. Last ones on the track. I was starving by the time our group started.
                Dude so was I! As soon as I left I went to subway

Comment

• Yo Bmore- did you already go through the final processing yet? I'm kinda confused if this step means you're hired or if you get hired after going through final processing...

Also to anyone who's already on the job: whats an average timeline for hearing back after you've finished everything? Someone threw out 2-3 weeks but I just wanted to confirm.

Comment

• Originally posted by LightsOut View Post
                    Yo Bmore- did you already go through the final processing yet? I'm kinda confused if this step means you're hired or if you get hired after going through final processing...

Also to anyone who's already on the job: whats an average timeline for hearing back after you've finished everything? Someone threw out 2-3 weeks but I just wanted to confirm.
                    No I didn't go through final processing yet. I did however finish all my steps in the process and now I'm waiting to hear back from my bi as to when I can go to hq for processing.

I'm not sure as to what it all means either but this guy I met said he had to fill out a bunch of paperwork 1st and then he has to go to hq to get hired

Comment

• I'm almost positive that final processing is when you sign your papers and are officially hired. Jvegas can answer with more certainty.

Comment

• Anyone here know how long (approx) it takes to get a response back from the Major regarding the reactivating of your case ?My neighbor and former coworker declined further processing after meeting his BI interview back in the early summer. Another agency had called him but then came a hiring freeze just before he got on.

Comment

• Originally posted by nypdout View Post
                          Anyone here know how long (approx) it takes to get a response back from the Major regarding the reactivating of your case ?My neighbor and former coworker declined further processing after meeting his BI interview back in the early summer. Another agency had called him but then came a hiring freeze just before he got on.
                          Honestly he would probably be better off re-applying than waiting to get a response back. Once he gets back into the process they will have his old file but he will still have to go through depending how far he got.

Comment

• Originally posted by bmore_10-4 View Post
                            Dude so was I! As soon as I left I went to subway
                            I hope you aren't the guy that lapped me after the second or third lap by the start line. I had to shake my head and smile when that happened since that dude was moving like his pants were on fire. One of the instructors was yelling at me not worry about catching him but to keep my pace.

Comment

• Any one doing the testing on 0ct. 8th and 9th?

Comment

• Originally posted by TGYNYY View Post
                                I'm almost positive that final processing is when you sign your papers and are officially hired. Jvegas can answer with more certainty.
                                final processing is the day you are hired. you fill out more paperwork (pension, death, etc...), get your assignment (if early hire), sometimes go to the quarter master to get your gear. if early hire, you might get your gear the next day and work at the QM for that day.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10281 users online. 210 members and 10071 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X