Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well I guess that's a little relief...I'm still waiting to hear from my Background Investigator...I'm hoping I can make it before they put a hold on EVERYTHING! Good luck everyone
    Baltimore Police Department
    **Finally :0)**

Comment

• Hey guys,

Had my medical exam yesterday, everything seemed to go ok. Got a call this morning and was told that my poly will be next Monday.

How's everyone else doing with the process at this point?
      Look sharp, act sharp, be sharp.

Comment

• Process

I got my medical, Psych and polygraph this weekend. My investigator told me that she will let me know right away if I passed or failed.

I know I'm going to pass. I just took a polygraph for a job in Pa and passed. I work for an armored truck deliverying money and picking it up.

You also have to take a psych and medical. Anyway, my investigator told me the next academy class is at the end of November. She stated that will probably be the last than the freeze may kick in.

They want to have two classes before 2009, but it depends on how many applicants they get that pass and qualify..
        Exam - Passed
        Physical - Passed
        Written Psych - Passed
        Background Investigation - November
        Oral Psych - Oct 27th
        Polygraph - Oct 27th
        Medical - Oct 28th

Comment

• Does anyone know how long it takes to hear from a background investigator? I've been waiting for about a week...about how long should I wait until I call?

Hope all is well with everyone!
          Baltimore Police Department
          **Finally :0)**

Comment

• Originally posted by WannaBBPD View Post
            Does anyone know how long it takes to hear from a background investigator? I've been waiting for about a week...about how long should I wait until I call?

Hope all is well with everyone!
            If I where you I would call and check...dont do to much waiting around..they are handling alot of diffrent people and have alot on there plate....I have completed the whole process and I too am waiting on the investigator...Ive called him last week to "double check and make sure there wasnt anything else i needed to do" LOL and this week to "check and see how the freeze is going to effect me"...its been 7 days since ive completed everything ...

Comment

• November

November is the next class fellas. B'more trying to get at least 2 more classes. However, the next class is November. I know this from what they told me. Baltimore wants at least one more class definitely before 2009.
              Exam - Passed
              Physical - Passed
              Written Psych - Passed
              Background Investigation - November
              Oral Psych - Oct 27th
              Polygraph - Oct 27th
              Medical - Oct 28th

Comment

• can anyone talk about that oral psych or give a brief overview of what happens/what it's like? just wondering what to expect.

got a call yesterday to attend mine on sunday morning.

thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Street_Cop50 View Post
                  can anyone talk about that oral psych or give a brief overview of what happens/what it's like? just wondering what to expect.

thanks.
                  its nothing too complicated. i dont really remember exactly what is asked, but i do know that they ask simple questions to see how you answer, and the whole interview lasts about 15 mins.

Comment

• thanks jvegas!

Comment

• Originally posted by Street_Cop50 View Post
                      can anyone talk about that oral psych or give a brief overview of what happens/what it's like? just wondering what to expect.

thanks.
                      Not complicated at all. The questions I remember included: Why do you think real estate in the city costs more than in the country? Why do you think we pay taxes and what is your opinion of them? Recite the numbers I'm about to say in reverse. What have you stolen before. That type of stuff. My psychologist creeped me out though. It was her demeanor more than anything. She was stiff as a board.

Comment

• Oh, one more thing, 2 MORE WEEKS TO FIELD TRAINING!! Woohoo! My apologies...

Comment

• Originally posted by Icekold View Post
                          Oh, one more thing, 2 MORE WEEKS TO FIELD TRAINING!! Woohoo! My apologies...
                          congrats. what were your choices for district?

Comment

• yeah I talked to one of the recruiting officers the other day about the freeze, she said they weren't told to stop hiring people yet, so they're not

Comment

• Originally posted by jvegas View Post
                              congrats. what were your choices for district?
                              The three southern districts. I live in Mont. County so was thinking about convenience. Actually I don't care where I'm sent as long as it ain't the central.

Comment

• Icekold, why don't you want to be assigned to Central?

Also,
                                I've heard that if you're assigned to midnights it's permanent, but mornings and afternoons are rotating. I'm not familiar with this idea. Can someone clarify?
                                Does that mean you may work mornings for a while, then afternoons for a bit, then back to mornings?

Thanks
                                Last edited by Street_Cop50; 10-27-2008, 04:37 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9129 users online. 454 members and 8675 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X