Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• we had several annapolis police trainees in my class that never took any pre hire agility, poly, or psych. their agency forgot to schedule them for those steps before hiring. a couple weeks after we all graduated, those officers were suspended with pay and had to pass all of those tests before being reinstated... basically a 3 week paid vacation.

my point is, it wouldnt be the end of the world if your pre hire agility expires and BPD doesnt retest you immediately. of course, you are best off telling your BI now rather than later.

Comment

• i told him once, and he cut me off and said not to worry about it. cant hurt to tell him again though i guess

Comment

• Does Baltimore usually tell you why they won't consider you for hire? I came in with confidence, but received that thin letter after my psych test. I just want to know for future employment with other departments/agencies.

Comment

• they wont tell you, but if you got the DQ letter after the pysch test, then you failed the psych test.

Comment

• After the written pysch or oral?
            The Few, The Proud, The Marines...

Comment

• After the written psych.

Comment

• Originally posted by Yea_Buddy View Post
                After the written psych.
                I don't think the psych decision is made until after you take the oral so the doc can look at both tests.. I could be wrong though.. It could be something you wrote in the packet and explanation section...

Comment

• Originally posted by Yea_Buddy View Post
                  Does Baltimore usually tell you why they won't consider you for hire? I came in with confidence, but received that thin letter after my psych test. I just want to know for future employment with other departments/agencies.
                  Got that same letter. Sent a response letter requesting a date of when I can reapply. I'll wait for a return correspondence and poop in the other hand

Originally posted by fabolous084 View Post
                  I don't think the psych decision is made until after you take the oral so the doc can look at both tests.. I could be wrong though.. It could be something you wrote in the packet and explanation section...
                  I would tend to agree. They want you to explain areas of theft and criminal activity so the doc can look harder at Scale 4 of the MMPI-2, Psychopathic Deviate (anti-authority scale). I doubt any doctor is paid to look at your test until the actual oral psych. So we're not nuts lol. We just explained things in our background, for which, Baltimore has no tolerance. It's understandable
                  13O2 Aug '10
                  List: <1000

Comment

• these are good points. maybe the only way you can fail the written psych before being orally analyzed is if you admit to contemplating suicide or hearing voices. what probably DQ'ed you then, if you did not admit to these things, was your "list of crimes" sheet that you filled out. how's your background?

Comment

• im guessing that either your written was a total "fail", or that something in your packet was bad and it was just coincidence that you got the letter after taking the written psych.

Comment

• Originally posted by jvegas View Post
                        relax. being ripped doesnt make you a better candidate than someone who may be heavier, but could also have scored higher in the written. everyone should identify their own short comings and focus to improve themselves. when/if you get hired, you will see that some of the meat heads in your class are idiots that end up getting everyone into trouble.

give me a partner with half a brain over someone with a 6 pack and no brain any day.
                        Yea I was fat as **** in the academy and was one of the best in shape cardio wise.....no remedial for me!
                        "Sometimes there is Justice and sometimes there is Just Us"

Comment

• Originally posted by TigerWoody View Post
                          Yea I was fat as **** in the academy and was one of the best in shape cardio wise.....no remedial for me!
                          im still a fat *** and can work circles around 3/4 of the dept.

Comment

• Finally completed my oral psych and now I have completely finished all steps. Now I have to sit and wait!

Comment

• nice job my man! i have been waiting for 5 weeks! hahaha

Comment

• Congratz, Join the hurry up and wait crew!!! lol

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2312 users online. 144 members and 2168 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X