Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone else experienced any medical issues that were the same or similar? Any input would be appreciated..

Comment

• Originally posted by bmore_10-4 View Post
      Yea it was nuts b/c after so many beeps my mind was playing tricks on me! Yea that was the only real concern.. They told me to watch my weight b/c for my height I should be around 180 and I'm in the 240's. I haven't been 180 since I graduated high school!!!

Its all good though everything will work out and I have my oral at the end of the week and ill be done!

Have u heard anything else yet?
      i just want to highlight this for a moment...

i know that height/weight charts in the doctor's office is usually a bit skewed, but you should know if you are overweight or not. if youre a very muscular and lean 240 (doubtful), then keep doing whatever youre doing, but if youre not i would suggest trimming down.

i dont understand why im seeing people that are supposedly putting everything theyve got into applying for police agencies talking about how theyve "gained a few lbs" since the physical agility or talking about how theyve been slacking off lately on working out, etc...what are these people waiting for?

i dont even necessarily have an academy pending, but i absolutely make it a daily effort to get into better shape- not eating crap, going to the gym, sprinting, long runs, etc...am i really the "weird" one here, getting myself prepared for an academy?
      use my trueprotein.com discount code for 5% off- MTD244

Comment

• doesn't make you weird. although, giving crap to someone on this forum over something that doesn't concern you might help you make enemies.

Comment

• Originally posted by SportsterChop View Post

i know that height/weight charts in the doctor's office is usually a bit skewed, but you should know if you are overweight or not. if youre a very muscular and lean 240 (doubtful), then keep doing whatever youre doing, but if youre not i would suggest trimming down.

i dont understand why im seeing people that are supposedly putting everything theyve got into applying for police agencies talking about how theyve "gained a few lbs" since the physical agility or talking about how theyve been slacking off lately on working out, etc...what are these people waiting for?

i dont even necessarily have an academy pending, but i absolutely make it a daily effort to get into better shape- not eating crap, going to the gym, sprinting, long runs, etc...am i really the "weird" one here, getting myself prepared for an academy?

I wouldn't say you were weird at all. I would however say you are being a little judgmental. Just because you have the opportunity to go to the gym and work out doesn't necessarily mean you are better qualified than I am. Sometimes people have circumstances that prevent them from being as active as they probably should. Which has nothing to do with laziness or lack of determination.

No I don't have a picture perfect body but in now way am I a fat, lazy, slob who loves to take up space.

Maybe if my schedule would allow me to we could possibly train together.

Comment

• Originally posted by SportsterChop View Post

Like said above everyone has different circumstances going on in their lives which you know nothing of so you should watch what you say... Me personally yes I have slacked off "working" out so what? I got through Marine Corps boot camp fine and my current depts academy with no problems.. Don't come on here comparing your routine to others because we are all not in the same situation.. Should I say anyone who doesn't go to the range like i do once a month isn't serious or doing enough for a career in LE??? No that would be retarded...
            The Few, The Proud, The Marines...

Comment

• relax. being ripped doesnt make you a better candidate than someone who may be heavier, but could also have scored higher in the written. everyone should identify their own short comings and focus to improve themselves. when/if you get hired, you will see that some of the meat heads in your class are idiots that end up getting everyone into trouble.

give me a partner with half a brain over someone with a 6 pack and no brain any day.
              Last edited by jvegas; 09-16-2010, 03:13 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by jvegas View Post
                relax. being ripped doesnt make you a better candidate than someone who may be heavier, but could also have scored higher in the written. everyone should identify their own short comings and focus to improve themselves. when/if you get hired, you will see that some of the meat heads in your class are idiots that end up getting everyone into trouble.

give me a partner with half a brain over someone with a 6 pack and no brain any day.
                Well said!

Comment

• hey fab. you hear anything yet?

Comment

• I'm having a blast writing my Goals Essay. Anyone know if there is a maximum word count? I'm at 550 and just getting warmed up
                    13O2 Aug '10
                    List: <1000

Comment

• Joe- what? what goals essay

Comment

• Wrong thread. Sorry
                        13O2 Aug '10
                        List: <1000

Comment

• Originally posted by TGYNYY View Post
                          hey fab. you hear anything yet?
                          Nope but I probably won't hear anything until I retake my agility next week since it expired... Are you still hearing a Oct 1st academy?

Comment

• Good morning, I was a part of their out of state 3 day process in 2008 but unfortunately I failed poly. My question is: is it possible to reapply since I failed poly 2 years ago? Or basically Am I done with this department? Thank you

Comment

• can't reapply with a failed polygraph. fabolous, my agility expired too, but my BI hasnt said anything to me about it. at my interview, I told him it expired, and he cut me off and said dont worry about it. lol maybe i should call him

Comment

• lol yea you might want to do that... Mine expired on the 13 and I think my bi called me on the 14th lol... You wouldnt want to have the class start and your file kicked back because of something so simple.. I friendly reminder wouldn't hurt imo... Looking at your timeline your agility expired a while ago too it's not even close...
                                Last edited by fabolous084; 09-17-2010, 04:39 AM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4537 users online. 265 members and 4272 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X