300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Gotts56 View Post
    Once into the BPD.... how hard is it to get out of patrol and into divisions such as the Marine Division? Also how long does it on average take to get out of patrol, I know this varies on case by case but feel free to average it out.
    From what I hear its 3yrs. Because ur 1st 2 are probationary. But I know someone who went plain clothes after 21/2. I guess it all depends on the individual!

Comment

• Originally posted by bmore_10-4 View Post
      From what I hear its 3yrs. Because ur 1st 2 are probationary. But I know someone who went plain clothes after 21/2. I guess it all depends on the individual!
      My self and my partner left for flex in 10 months and 6 months respectively, before probation was over. Probation is 1 year long.
      "Sometimes there is Justice and sometimes there is Just Us"

Comment

• what is flex?
        use my trueprotein.com discount code for 5% off- MTD244

Comment

• Originally posted by SportsterChop View Post
          what is flex?
          It's district operation units, drugs, guns, burglaries, initiative details, plain clothes and uniform capacity.

Comment

• Originally posted by TigerWoody View Post
            My self and my partner left for flex in 10 months and 6 months respectively, before probation was over. Probation is 1 year long.
            I didn't mean to put out wrong info. But the way it was explained to me was that your probation period was 2yrs long because that's how long it would take the city to recooperate the amount of money spent on training,uniforms and so forth.

It was also explained that if you quit during that 2yr period you could be subject to fines by the city to have to be paid.

Am I correct or can you clarify?

I appreciate your input

Comment

I didn't mean to put out wrong info. But the way it was explained to me was that your probation period was 2yrs long because that's how long it would take the city to recooperate the amount of money spent on training,uniforms and so forth.

It was also explained that if you quit during that 2yr period you could be subject to fines by the city to have to be paid.

maybe its two years now, but when i got on probation was only 1 year from academy graduation

I appreciate your input

Comment

I appreciate your input
                You theoretically have to pay money if you leave within 2 years.

As far as I'm aware, between me and other people that I personally know that have left and what was told to us by a lawyer that taught us in the Baltimore academy... I wouldn't worry about it because you won't be paying.

But, that is based on experience and I am not a lawyer and that should not be deemed as lawyer-esque advice.... So, if you do quit and have to pay, don't blame me!

Comment

• Originally posted by TigerWoody View Post
                  It's district operation units, drugs, guns, burglaries, initiative details, plain clothes and uniform capacity.
                  So basically you're doing a little of everything?
                  The Few, The Proud, The Marines...

Comment

• Out of most dept's in Md... would it be ok to say that this dept has a faster turnover to special assignments then others? Partly because of not enough officers? I see them recruiting all the time nonstop. They developed more recruiting videos and some organized info since i lasted looked.

Just assuming.

"Der Schmerz ist vorübergehend, Stolz ist für immer"

Comment

• Originally posted by MiGuy View Post

As far as I'm aware, between me and other people that I personally know that have left and what was told to us by a lawyer that taught us in the Baltimore academy... I wouldn't worry about it because you won't be paying.

But, that is based on experience and I am not a lawyer and that should not be deemed as lawyer-esque advice.... So, if you do quit and have to pay, don't blame me!
                      Lol I understand! Way to CYA...

Comment

• Just got my letter today telling me to pack sand. Anyone know when I can re-apply?
                        13O2 Aug '10
                        List: <1000

Comment

• Originally posted by SGT. Joe Friday View Post
                          Just got my letter today telling me to pack sand. Anyone know when I can re-apply?
                          Did it say why you were rejected?
                          Neither a Republican nor Democrat, both parties are hopelessly flawed.

RIP to all my fallen brothers and sisters in blue I hope one day I can live up to your legacies because you live forever in my mind.

To anyone non-LEO don't get it twisted. Us officers may disagree on politics, sports, and any other issue but we will always be brothers and sisters at the end of the day and have each others back. To think otherwise is stupid.

Comment

• Originally posted by MiGuy View Post

What agency are you with now?
                            Neither a Republican nor Democrat, both parties are hopelessly flawed.

RIP to all my fallen brothers and sisters in blue I hope one day I can live up to your legacies because you live forever in my mind.

To anyone non-LEO don't get it twisted. Us officers may disagree on politics, sports, and any other issue but we will always be brothers and sisters at the end of the day and have each others back. To think otherwise is stupid.

Comment

• Originally posted by MeBPD View Post
                              Did it say why you were rejected?
                              No. Just that they "would not further process me as a Police Trainee at this time"
                              13O2 Aug '10
                              List: <1000

Comment

• It probably means you're done, but you might be able to apply in a year? Every agency is different. I would start applying elsewhere though.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8404 users online. 226 members and 8178 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X