Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• had a hour long roll call last night......no more public housing section as of october 26.....those units will dispersed amongst two districts.....no more district overtime....and there is hiring freeze.....thats confirmed. havent heard anything else.

dont let this discourage you. for those still applying or going through the process, dont give up and continue with your paperwork. you will realize that the dept can say something one day and the next day nothing changes.
    Last edited by TigerWoody; 10-15-2008, 12:04 PM.
    "Sometimes there is Justice and sometimes there is Just Us"

Comment

• Originally posted by TigerWoody View Post
      had a hour long roll call last night......no more public housing section as of october 26.....those units will dispersed amongst two districts.....no more district overtime....and there is hiring freeze.....thats confirmed. havent heard anything else.

TO: FOP

See all these cuts. Looks like we can't do the raise or the new schedule. Sorry, our hands are tied. There is just no more money. Better luck next time.

Sincerly,
      Sheila

P.S. VOTE O'MALLEY!!
      GO CAVS!!

Comment

• Cant wait for the sudden surge in homicides and violent crimes to go back up in the city.

But I'm sure the Baltimore Sun wont put the two and two together...lack of morale, overtime, and people on the streets = high crime.

Comment

you will realize that the dept can say something one day and the next day nothing changes.
          We get that all the time in the lab. With the rate of turnover and retirements that the city has, I doubt they can get away with a hiring freeze for too long.

Comment

had a hour long roll call last night......no more public housing section as of october 26.....those units will dispersed amongst two districts.....no more district overtime....and there is hiring freeze.....thats confirmed. havent heard anything else.

dont let this discourage you. for those still applying or going through the process, dont give up and continue with your paperwork. you will realize that the dept can say something one day and the next day nothing changes.

Comment

• Hey Everyone,

Are you serious? A hiring freeze...my file finally gets legs and there's a freeze?!?! I can't believe it... So what normally happens when there's a freeze? Do they still process you and hold onto your applications or does everything just stop indefinitely? This is a blower...Balto City is my first choice but I will continue to pursue other departments :0(
              Baltimore Police Department
              **Finally :0)**

Comment

• ahhh so i take it no 3% raise this year??
                "Sometimes there is Justice and sometimes there is Just Us"

Comment

• i spoke to a reliable source at E&T. he said that what is planned is 2 more classes for 2008, and then a freeze. anyone who is processing should make the nov or dec class. good luck.

i think we will still get the raise... if thats what you want to call it.

Tigerwoody, there will be a jvegas fan club meeting tomorrow night.

Comment

• good news thanks bro!

Comment

• Sounds similar to Atlanta PD, they had a "hiring freeze" but were still hiring for normal attrition...

Comment

• does the BPD use the 12 pound trigger in there weapons like NYPD?

Comment

• Originally posted by marcvann23 View Post
                          does the BPD use the 12 pound trigger in there weapons like NYPD?

Comment

• Don't like seeing this.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/loc...,7540404.story

Comment

• There goes a spike in crime. And I HOPE the FOP jumps on it when it does begin to spike.

Comment

• "Most of the savings - $18.9 million - come from keeping in place a ban on hiring employees at nonemergency agencies."

well, at least they haven't put a total hiring freeze on the PD and FD... yet

so there's still time for a few of us to get hired on. good luck guys.
                                Look sharp, act sharp, be sharp.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8088 users online. 209 members and 7879 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X