Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My comment that someone from outside the agency who isnt involved in it yet past the intial hiring freeze really shouldnt be justifying how awesome the agency is. This is of course in general terms.

Sure there are some who are miersable no matter where they are. There are others who have been wronged.

I'm of the school of thought that unless it's this VS unemployment I'd consider another agecny due to their pension/pay issues. At the end of the day if you have nothing it's a job. Look down the road though if you have time to search other agencys.

Comment

• Originally posted by Name Taken View Post
      My comment that someone from outside the agency who isnt involved in it yet past the intial hiring freeze really shouldnt be justifying how awesome the agency is. This is of course in general terms.

Sure there are some who are miersable no matter where they are. There are others who have been wronged.

I'm of the school of thought that unless it's this VS unemployment I'd consider another agecny due to their pension/pay issues. At the end of the day if you have nothing it's a job. Look down the road though if you have time to search other agencys.

the "This." is what confused me.

Comment

• "This" whole thing is now confusing me.
        use my trueprotein.com discount code for 5% off- MTD244

Comment

• I'm not worried about the pension too much since I'm older. Looking on the Baltimore Fire and Police Pension website of the changes, it would seem that the only real change for myself if I was to be accepted is my monthly contribution. I plan on retiring after about 25 years no matter where I end up anyway since that would put me at an age where I would feel like Danny Glover in Lethal Weapon complaining about how "I'm too old for this sh*!." I can still retire at 20 years of service if I choose to since I'm 35 and would meet the minimum 55 year old benchmark so nothing has really changed for me looking at BPD. Bottom line is that I just want to work with some quality guys/gals and if this message board is representative of some of the people that are already in than count me as a hopeful. I can ignore the negative knuckle draggers.

You young guys in your 20's should probably pay more attention to the new retirement benefits though. That's a long haul to 25 years if there isn't a way out at 20.

BTW - Anyone going to the expedited testing at the end of September? Can't wait to start the process so I can moan and complain with everyone else waiting on this board about not hearing back after every step.

Comment

• Whats the expedited testing?

Comment

• What is the process for the polygraph? What I mean is, the state police send you a packet that has approximately 200 questions in it that you answer yes/no and then explain any yes answers in detail. Do you have the questions in advance with the city police? (I understand it's against policy to share the questions with others, but it should be okay to talk about the logistics of the exam). Approximately how many questions are there? Sections? Etc? Any details would be appreciated, I hate going to an interview or test blind, especially the polygraph.

Thanks all.

Comment

• Eh...nevermind...:-D
                Last edited by Tee.Elle.; 08-31-2010, 01:54 PM.

Comment

• I know it's a bit off but if anyone is trying to do the roommate thing for the next academy class let me know....
                  The Few, The Proud, The Marines...

Comment

• Hey guys first post, I've been following this thread for a couple months now, I just had my Background Interview last week and am waiting for the next step . Good luck to those still in the process and those just starting out.
                    BPD
                    Written: 4/27
                    Agility: 5/7
                    Written Psych: 6/2
                    Background Interview: 8/25
                    Oral Psych: TBD
                    Medical: TBD
                    Poly: TBD
                    Final Processing: TBD

Comment

• good luck to you man.

Anyone else who has finished the process hear back or been hired yet? I just passed the poly on Friday and it was my final step- looking for some idea on an expected time line if anyone has any input... Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by m3grady2 View Post
                        Hey guys first post, I've been following this thread for a couple months now, I just had my Background Interview last week and am waiting for the next step . Good luck to those still in the process and those just starting out.
                        Originally posted by LightsOut View Post
                        good luck to you man.

Anyone else who has finished the process hear back or been hired yet? I just passed the poly on Friday and it was my final step- looking for some idea on an expected time line if anyone has any input... Thanks!
                        When did you guys turn in your application/information packets and take the written psych? Trying to get an idea of when I should hear something
                        13O2 Aug '10
                        List: <1000

Comment

• It's looking like four month gaps Joe. I'm in the same boat.

Comment

• Originally posted by TrueCross View Post
                            It's looking like four month gaps Joe. I'm in the same boat.
                            Sweet jesus. The guy (LT, I think) said two months. I was going to call next week. Think that's a bit over zealous? When did you take yours?
                            13O2 Aug '10
                            List: <1000

Comment

• we all had to wait. you have to have patience in this process.

Comment

• Joe, haven't you heard the saying "Good things come to those who wait" ? Your gonna have to live by it!

I feel your pain though. I've seen people get hired already and I began the process before them.

Your time will come soon enough my friend.. Remember if you haven't heard anything yet its probably a good thing!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 17769 users online. 534 members and 17235 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X