Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thanks jvegas!

strongman,

it took myself, a well as a lot of other people in the room, about 4 hours, give or take.
    i think there were around 600 questions.

what area of ohio you from? i grew up around cleveland, and got my degrees at the univ. of akron.
    Look sharp, act sharp, be sharp.

Comment

• Originally posted by strong4305 View Post
      how bad is the psyc test? how many questions
      All total between the two they give you its more like 900 to 1000 questions. If you're a lil close to being crazy walking in you'll have lost it by the end of the exam. LMAO

Comment

• Originally posted by Icekold View Post
        If you're a lil close to being crazy walking in you'll have lost it by the end of the exam. LMAO

100% true.

Comment

• how intense is the poly? duration, number of questions on average?
          Memphis Police

Comment

• anyone on here from 05-01 or 05-02?

Comment

• How would you say the cost of living is for a baltimore city police officer? After a few years would you be able to live pretty well on their salary in the city? I know the Baltimore counties tend to be pretty expensive.

Comment

• Originally posted by EricDel View Post
                How would you say the cost of living is for a baltimore city police officer? After a few years would you be able to live pretty well on their salary in the city? I know the Baltimore counties tend to be pretty expensive.
                any place in the city that i would actually live in wouldnt be too much less expensive than decent places in the county.

Comment

• Hey guys,

Had my background interview and filled out some paperwork this morning. Took about 2 hours and wasn't too stressful. Taking the medical exam next week. How's everyone else doing with the hiring process?

Also, I spoke briefly with an officer as I was walking back to my car. He mentioned that the city might go to a hiring freeze in the future because of budget issues, but couldn't confirm anything or "give any more info". Anyone else hear about this or know anything???

Oh yeah, and since I'm from Cleveland and currently watching the Monday Night Football game, GO BROWNS!
                  Last edited by Street_Cop50; 10-13-2008, 10:59 PM.
                  Look sharp, act sharp, be sharp.

Comment

• I had my BI today and was told the same as StreetCop50. They had wanted to get 2 classes in before 2009, but now it looks like one will be lucky to make it. Also, she said that their office hadn't been told about the 30 day live-in for 2009.

Comment

• heard that they might lay off an academy class now, my LT said its (budget) the worst he has seen in years....anyways, for those that are going through the background check, make sure you call your BI every 3 days or so and get on their *** to check on and call your references. they take their time and that puts recruits in later classes.
                      Last edited by TigerWoody; 10-14-2008, 04:00 PM.
                      "Sometimes there is Justice and sometimes there is Just Us"

Comment

• Of course, just when I am thinking about applying, hiring freeze may occur. Seems like this is happening everywhere now..

I'll still probably put an application in anyway.

Comment

• Originally posted by EricDel View Post
                          Of course, just when I am thinking about applying, hiring freeze may occur. Seems like this is happening everywhere now..

I'll still probably put an application in anyway.
                          Bro dont let any info you get here stop you from following through on something or at least contacting someone to get a confirmation. Rumors are just that, rumors.

Comment

• Originally posted by Icekold View Post
                            Bro dont let any info you get here stop you from following through on something or at least contacting someone to get a confirmation. Rumors are just that, rumors.
                            hmmm, ill be at E&T tomorrow and see if i can find something out. i havent heard anything about it, but if tigerwoody says it, i believe it.

Comment

• Originally posted by TigerWoody View Post
                              anyways, for those that are going through the background check, make sure you call your BI every 3 days or so and get on their *** to check on and call your references. they take their time and that puts recruits in later classes.
                              I can vouch for that. My Background investigator was good and I went through the process fast. Since then, it hasn't too swift. I was told that my BI was completed and submitted on July 30 and I haven't heard anything else since...and a new academy class started on September 12.

Comment

• Put your applications and begin the process. Budgets are complicated things and any time you hear about people getting laid off, or hiring freezes it has less do with money and everything to do with politics.

Back in the day when I went through the academy, we were told we were getting laid off...in writing. "Nothing can be done...we are sorry....blah blah blah." Amazingly, the day before our final day in the Academy the money was approved by the City to the department and we were saved....HOORAY!

I am not saying there isn't going to be a hiring freeze because I don't know. But I find it interesting that we are all of sudden under this terrible budget constraints the same time we have a new FOP President with a mandate to get us more money and better schedule citywide and the contract is up to be negotiated.

If there is a freeze it won't be too long.
                                GO CAVS!!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5608 users online. 218 members and 5390 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X