Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it true that BPD is going to start doing a live in academy? Also, anyone know about how long the process takes if you pass everything clearly?

Comment

• Originally posted by jvegas View Post
      i was at HQ picking up some warrants from hot desk and i think i walked through the room while you all were there. looked like you all were in PT. i was the tall white bald guy in uniform, i was with an equally tall black guy in plain clothes. The OFF., who is the one of the most hilarious people in the whole dept., that was at the podium was talking to me about coming to the range next week.
      LOL ..I remember this...what was his NAME ?? he was cool as hell..he looked no older than 27 and said that he had about 19 years on ! Thats crazy ! I was the guy that he was saying " Lived in the carjack capital of the world" and he was asking me was I a robot..cause of the way i was doing the pistol familiarazation thing LOL !!!

Comment

• Originally posted by jbthe3rd View Post
        LOL ..I remember this...what was his NAME ?? he was cool as hell..he looked no older than 27 and said that he had about 19 years on ! Thats crazy ! I was the guy that he was saying " Lived in the carjack capital of the world" and he was asking me was I a robot..cause of the way i was doing the pistol familiarazation thing LOL !!!
        wont say his name on here, but if you get hired, you will run into him again at the range. he's much older than 27! He was in swat for a few years...and extremely knowledgeable...hell of a guy.

Comment

• Don't mean to thread jack, but I was discussing the BPD Academy with a former officer the other day and we were on the topic of agencies that use it. Only ones that were come up with were BPD, Watershed, and sometimes the MTA. Is that all, or are there more. This is less of a 'need to know for sure' and more of a general interest. Someone else said folks from the Convention center, but wasn't sure. Figured this would be a best place to ask.

Also, congrats the the recent graduates.

Comment

wont say his name on here, but if you get hired, you will run into him again at the range. he's much older than 27! He was in swat for a few years...and extremely knowledgeable...hell of a guy.
            true true, how long have you been on ?

Comment

• Originally posted by LochRaven View Post
              Don't mean to thread jack, but I was discussing the BPD Academy with a former officer the other day and we were on the topic of agencies that use it. Only ones that were come up with were BPD, Watershed, and sometimes the MTA. Is that all, or are there more. This is less of a 'need to know for sure' and more of a general interest. Someone else said folks from the Convention center, but wasn't sure. Figured this would be a best place to ask.
              Baltimore city sheriff, Univ. Of Maryland-Bmore has used it, Coppin state, Morgan state, Loyola college
              I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

• Originally posted by LochRaven View Post
                Don't mean to thread jack, but I was discussing the BPD Academy with a former officer the other day and we were on the topic of agencies that use it. Only ones that were come up with were BPD, Watershed, and sometimes the MTA. Is that all, or are there more. This is less of a 'need to know for sure' and more of a general interest. Someone else said folks from the Convention center, but wasn't sure. Figured this would be a best place to ask.

Also, congrats the the recent graduates.
                School Police, MTA, MD WATF, watershed only uses it for defense tactics training, that i know of, Annapolis City PD, Baltimore City Sheriffs Dept.

Comment

true true, how long have you been on ?
                  only been on the streets since July 11th, but i'd be willing to bet that I have experienced many things that county Police with more than 5 have. Not knocking county police, because Bmore is a large metro city, so of course we have more crime/more opportunity to experience violent crimes.

Comment

only been on the streets since July 11th, but i'd be willing to bet that I have experienced many things that county Police with more than 5 have. Not knocking county police, because Bmore is a large metro city, so of course we have more crime/more opportunity to experience violent crimes.
                    Good stuff sir! This is the main reason why im so interested in Bmore...So much going on... and your exposed to any and every thing....I really hope that i get the job...i have done everything except the , physical and the Psych and i do that on monday....oh and the polygraph..but i heard somepeople did not have to take the poly is there any truth to that ?

Comment

oh and the polygraph..but i heard somepeople did not have to take the poly is there any truth to that ?
                      From my understanding, all applicant's must take the polygraph. I had to take a poly to be hired for a contractual civilian position...a year and a half later and I had to take another one since I am applying to be a police officer. I spoke with one of the poly detectives the other day and he said they were very backed up (he said 150 people but don't quote me on that).

Comment

• Waiting Too

I waiting to take the polygraph, Med, and oral psych too. I have to wait for my investigator to come back from vacation. She stated though she would have me ready to attend the next academy class which most likely is in the end of November.

This is what some of the recruiters are saying anyway. I sure their is going to be an academy class before Jan 09.
                        Exam - Passed
                        Physical - Passed
                        Written Psych - Passed
                        Background Investigation - November
                        Oral Psych - Oct 27th
                        Polygraph - Oct 27th
                        Medical - Oct 28th

Comment

• from what i have heard is there may be 2 classes before jan 09. the jan 09 class is scheduled to be live-in for 30 days in sykesville.

polygraphs are a state requirement, however, i have heard of at least 1 person not being poly'd. i wont mention the agency, but it was not BPD.

Comment

• I know that the BPD website says that the starting salary for officers is $41,058, but does anyone know what the current payscale is?
                            Look sharp, act sharp, be sharp.

Comment

• http://http://www.fop3.org/contracts...it1_FY2008.pdf

scroll down to page 43. this will be changing, though, as the new contract is currently past due.

Comment

• how bad is the psyc test? how many questions
                                Memphis Police

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12462 users online. 431 members and 12031 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X