Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alight let's clarify this. ReREAD Tigerwoody's post. you DO NOT do Field Training on foot. After the completion of the 28 week academy EVERYONE goes to Field Training in a district, with a patrol car. AFTER the 10 weeks of Field Training, how they have been doing it recently, is about 1/2 of the class goes to a District solo with a patol car, and the other 1/2 goes on foot, typically until the next class comes out, then the ones doing foot go to a district. So there is NO Field Training on Foot. You don't walk around with a Field Trainer. That is done strictly in a District w/ a patrol car.

Comment

• i think its easier to initiate a traffic stop via foot rather than vehicle. it seems like people in the city listen more to a confident yell rather than lights and sirens
      "Sometimes there is Justice and sometimes there is Just Us"

Comment

• Originally posted by TigerWoody View Post
        i think its easier to initiate a traffic stop via foot rather than vehicle. it seems like people in the city listen more to a confident yell rather than lights and sirens
        dont know about that, but i have done quite a few car stops on foot. its amazing what people will do to warrant a citation, even after they see the police. foot patrol isnt that bad, imo... you can get into alot of stuff being on foot. esp. with the vacants in the city.

Comment

• Originally posted by MiGuy View Post
          Alight let's clarify this. ReREAD Tigerwoody's post. you DO NOT do Field Training on foot. After the completion of the 28 week academy EVERYONE goes to Field Training in a district, with a patrol car. AFTER the 10 weeks of Field Training, how they have been doing it recently, is about 1/2 of the class goes to a District solo with a patol car, and the other 1/2 goes on foot, typically until the next class comes out, then the ones doing foot go to a district. So there is NO Field Training on Foot. You don't walk around with a Field Trainer. That is done strictly in a District w/ a patrol car.
          OMG Thank you for breaking that down!

Comment

• I did the out-of-state processing this weekend. Took the written, psych, and physical agility tests as well as got fingerprinted.
            I was surprised that there were so many people there (50+). I only expected about 20 to be there.
            Most people that tested seemed to be squared away. And the recruitment officers were pretty laid back about everything.
            Anyone else on this forum that was there ths past weekend?
            Look sharp, act sharp, be sharp.

Comment

• Congrats on getting through the out of state process. Just make sure you keep up on your B.I. to keep the process moving and hopefully you will know within a month if you make the next class. As far as the 50+ people there, were most of them from the area around Maryland or were they from all over? And did 50+ make it through? Because we had if I remember correctly, which TigerWoody could correct me if I'm wrong, I think around 30 people the first day, give or take a few, and I think after the first day we had like 12-15 left. Then, I think in our class there was maybe like 5 of us from that out of state testing weekend. Anyways, again good luck and keep us updated.

Comment

• Originally posted by Street_Cop50 View Post
                I did the out-of-state processing this weekend. Took the written, psych, and physical agility tests as well as got fingerprinted.
                I was surprised that there were so many people there (50+). I only expected about 20 to be there.
                Most people that tested seemed to be squared away. And the recruitment officers were pretty laid back about everything.
                Anyone else on this forum that was there ths past weekend?
                i was at HQ picking up some warrants from hot desk and i think i walked through the room while you all were there. looked like you all were in PT. i was the tall white bald guy in uniform, i was with an equally tall black guy in plain clothes. The OFF., who is the one of the most hilarious people in the whole dept., that was at the podium was talking to me about coming to the range next week.

Comment

• I have the physical coming up in the next few weekds for bmore city. Any tips on how i can be more flexible on the sit and reach portion of the test??
                  Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by cmg1084 View Post
                    I have the physical coming up in the next few weekds for bmore city. Any tips on how i can be more flexible on the sit and reach portion of the test??
                    Thanks
                    I asked the same question a page or two ago. The guys gave a couple pointers. I just googled sit and reach and got pages and pages of info and tips.
                    "Sometimes you have to be able choose the harder right over the easier wrong" ~~ Dr. M.H

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." ~~ Edmund Burke

Comment

• Originally posted by cmg1084 View Post
                      I have the physical coming up in the next few weekds for bmore city. Any tips on how i can be more flexible on the sit and reach portion of the test??
                      Thanks
                      Don't worry about. If I remember correctly, you have to make 15 1/2 inches, which is cake. But, if you can't make it the first time around, you'll get a 2nd chance after everyone has gone.
                      Sorry, I don't have any special tips besides, start stretching on a regulr basis.

Comment

• Street Cop is right, in order to become more flexible, you will just need to stretch out the different muscles in your legs on an everday basis. Stretch to the point where you can feel the tension, but don't hurt yourself. Good stretching includes:
                        Standing up:
                        Left over right, right over left, bend at the waist and touch your toes.
                        Feet shoulder width apart, bend at the waist down to the floor. Ten second intervals DO NOT BOUNCE. After you do the middle, go to the left, and then to the right.
                        Widen your feet into a deep stance. Perform the same down at the middle, left, then right. Lunges are great also.

Sitting:
                        Butterfly
                        Practice the V-sit, forward, left/right.
                        Left leg out, right leg tucked in with your heel tucked into your groin. Bending forward. Vice versa.
                        On your knees, heels touching your butt, leaning back trying to keep your knees on the floor.

I'm sure if you look up floor exercises on google you will find plenty. The V-sit is primarily a hamstring exercise, so just work on your hamstrings and loosen them out. There are only so many ways you can stretch the hamstring, and you don't want to get hurt, so it's always nice to do other stretches while you're already there sitting on the ground, and the pain will be spread evenly . Yoga is also a great way to increase functional strength. Just keep working on them. Maybe stretch everyday for 15-20 minutes. Take your time, do not rush, and don't over-do it. You can still pull a muscle stretching or get injured.
                        Last edited by Arewethereyet; 09-18-2008, 10:40 AM. Reason: .

Comment

• 4 Day Weekend

I was at the 4 day weekend. Everything was simple and easy. Everyone passed the physical agility as far as I know and everyone seemed squared away. My B.I. had stated that the next academy class should be in late November.
                          Exam - Passed
                          Physical - Passed
                          Written Psych - Passed
                          Background Investigation - November
                          Oral Psych - Oct 27th
                          Polygraph - Oct 27th
                          Medical - Oct 28th

Comment

• For someone who was hired recently, how long did it take for you to receive your final offer of employment after your BI? I was a little disappointed when I wasn't a part of class 0804 which started on the 12th. My background was completed on July 30 and I thought I would have been a part of that academy class. Especially since they were originally trying to rush my background to start with the July 11 academy class.

Comment

• just got a call today to come out to Baltimore on Oct. 8th for my background interview.

how's everyone else doing with the process? making any progress?

also, if there is anyone on this thread that thinks they may be in an upcoming academy class, that maybe wants to discuss renting an apartment/house/condo/cardboard box together to save a little $$$, send me a PM. later!

Comment

• Wow, I see things didn't change that much in BPD since I left. LMAO All of you " P.O.T. 's " are going to get a rude awakening when you go to your District. LOL

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8484 users online. 434 members and 8050 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X