Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm thinking of transfering from a fed uniform agency to Baltimore, do they match salaries for laterals?
    FAMS:
    2/2009 Application received
    4/2009 Contingent offer
    5/2009 Computer assessment
    6/2009 Panel/PT same day
    6/2009 Tentative selection
    7/2009 Drug test
    7/2009 Fingerprints
    7/2009 Background info submitted
    7/2009 Medical exam

Comment

• Jvegas, when does 08-01 hit the street
      "Sometimes there is Justice and sometimes there is Just Us"

Comment

• Originally posted by vincentvega View Post
        I'm thinking of transfering from a fed uniform agency to Baltimore, do they match salaries for laterals?

Not that I am aware. They may bump you up as far as service time, but it depends on if they count your time in the federal system. Best advise I can give is call Recruitment.

Comment

• Originally posted by TigerWoody View Post
          Jvegas, when does 08-01 hit the street
          Monday, apparently.
          Last edited by Tee.Elle.; 09-10-2008, 05:49 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by justin_link View Post
            I indeed will. My hotel has WiFi so I will post as often as I can.

What hotel are you staying at Street Cop?
            not staying in a hotel.
            i don't have much money at the moment, and i only live in alexandria, va (about an hour away) so i'm gonna suck it up and drive back and forth all 4 days.
            Look sharp, act sharp, be sharp.

Comment

• Right after you graduate the academy, I remember reading somewhere that you work a foot patrol. Is that still true? Then after 6 months or so you patrol in vehicles?

Comment

• Originally posted by Arewethereyet View Post
                Right after you graduate the academy, I remember reading somewhere that you work a foot patrol. Is that still true? Then after 6 months or so you patrol in vehicles?
                Partially true. It's never definite with each class but for the most part they usually take half the class for foot in housing and the other half goes straight to their assigned districts. At the most, the length of time depends on the next class to graduate. The new grads replace the former new grads on foot. So 10 weeks or so not 6 months.

Comment

• last class went to the inner harbor for foot patrol. 20 people from our class are doing a special initiative with a number of seasoned officers, for 6 months. no one knows where the other 40 ppl are going.

Comment

• So their FTO is on foot patrol then? Do you have to do an FTO when you patrol in a vehicle?

Comment

• I think no matter what assigment you get, you have to do Field Training.
                      The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

"And maybe just remind the few, if ill of us they speak,
                      that we are all that stands between
                      the monsters and the weak." - Michael Marks

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by jchughes05 View Post
                        I think no matter what assigment you get, you have to do Field Training.
                        yes everyone right out of the 28 week academy does 10 weeks of field training with an FTO, then you graduate after successful completion of the 38 weeks total. after graduation you either work foot for 10 weeks with a small squad (until the next class enters field training), go right to your permanant district assignment, or do an initiative like jvegas mentioned....all depends on the wants and needs of the department and whos *** u kiss.
                        "Sometimes there is Justice and sometimes there is Just Us"

Comment

• Tigewoody... What are you talking about.. *** kissing? I think it is only coincidence that the small group of people that wanted Easten for Field Training are the only ones in class who basically got their top choice and ended up there, and then all of those same people that are in Eastern Field Training also get to be pat of this initiative. Yupp, pure coincidence. It just so happened nobody else or another entire distict of trainees got that.

Comment

• Wouldn't the field training for foot patrol and vehicle patrol be different though? For example...initiating a traffic stop. Can't really do that on foot, so how will you experience it when you finally get a vehicle?

Comment

• You'd still get Field Training, just not the same as in a car.
                              The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

"And maybe just remind the few, if ill of us they speak,
                              that we are all that stands between
                              the monsters and the weak." - Michael Marks

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Arewethereyet View Post
                                For example...initiating a traffic stop. Can't really do that on foot, so how will you experience it when you finally get a vehicle?
                                I've done many, many, many cars stops on foot.
                                In God we trust, all others are run MILES and NCIC.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8126 users online. 412 members and 7714 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X