Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Baltimore City Police Department Q&A

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by hamrat View Post
    Dude, that was 100% sarcasm...didn't think anyone would take me seriously there. Late is not an excuse. What kind of advice would that be anyway...that's not even realistic!
    My fault on that. BUT, with the people I've worked with in Bmore... Hearing that kind of jacked up advice is not as far-fetched as you might think! Be safe out there.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by hamrat View Post
      Dude, that was 100% sarcasm...didn't think anyone would take me seriously there. Late is not an excuse. What kind of advice would that be anyway...that's not even realistic!
      Well..... you never said it wasn't ok to leave early to miss all that traffic

      Comment


      • Quick question...well 2, actually.

        I've been trying to email my BI and it comes back saying undeliverable...anyone else having issues?

        Also, what's the general timeframe after finishing everything before hearing something? I've noticed several people have gotten the call for final processing, and I know a class is coming up soon. Patience isn't a strong point, and my current manager is going crazy waiting.

        Thanks.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by shibby6615 View Post
          Well..... you never said it wasn't ok to leave early to miss all that traffic
          Yeah I guess. The academy I went to was pretty strict on the schedule...we did get let out a little early every once in a while. But that was towards the end of the academy. Showing up late just gives them more cannon fodder and more of a reason to make your life miserable. No sarcasm this time.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Waiting1 View Post
            Quick question...well 2, actually.

            I've been trying to email my BI and it comes back saying undeliverable...anyone else having issues?

            Also, what's the general timeframe after finishing everything before hearing something? I've noticed several people have gotten the call for final processing, and I know a class is coming up soon. Patience isn't a strong point, and my current manager is going crazy waiting.

            Thanks.
            About 2-3 weeks for me.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by cdn78 View Post
              About 2-3 weeks for me.
              That's the general ruling, I think. This is my 2nd week.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Name Taken View Post
                You'd be in killer traffic just about every day. I wouldnt bother.
                i drive from AACO. it is not bad at all. i rarely hit any traffic. during the academy, i would hit minor traffic on 100 east, but it wasnt a stand still. from the academy, i would make it home in about 40 mins. in the AM, its early enough where i wouldnt hit any traffic. 695 is the only thing you have to worry about. usually its fine, but when its bad, its BAD. there is never a minor traffic jam on 695. its either free or awful.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by jvegas View Post
                  i drive from AACO. it is not bad at all. i rarely hit any traffic. during the academy, i would hit minor traffic on 100 east, but it wasnt a stand still. from the academy, i would make it home in about 40 mins. in the AM, its early enough where i wouldnt hit any traffic. 695 is the only thing you have to worry about. usually its fine, but when its bad, its BAD. there is never a minor traffic jam on 695. its either free or awful.
                  How is 95 in the mornings?

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by cdn78 View Post
                    About 2-3 weeks for me.
                    well I am going on a month now...and I am trying my best not to call but this is driving me crazy...

                    I called two weeks ago, and the seargent said...don't call, we will call you...ALL I WANT TO KNOW IS IF I PASSED MY POLY OR NOT...that was my last and final exam....

                    But I will be patient....

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by justbeme1 View Post
                      well I am going on a month now...and I am trying my best not to call but this is driving me crazy...

                      I called two weeks ago, and the seargent said...don't call, we will call you...ALL I WANT TO KNOW IS IF I PASSED MY POLY OR NOT...that was my last and final exam....

                      But I will be patient....
                      justbeme, no news is good news.
                      Last edited by njdream; 04-22-2010, 10:03 PM.
                      NYPD
                      Exam: 8314 11/08
                      Got the call: 1/7/11

                      "Last of the mohicans"

                      ___________________
                      "Failure is not an option"

                      Comment


                      • Has the schedule (work hours) change since the original post?
                        MDRDEP:

                        There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by shibby6615 View Post
                          How is 95 in the mornings?
                          i have no need to get on 95. for the academy, its 100-97-695-liberty road. SED, ED, and NED district is just 100-97-895-pulaski hway (erdman ave) exit. SWD is the only time i need to get on 95 and its the very first exit from 695.

                          95 does suck in the AM, though.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by jcioccke View Post
                            Has the schedule (work hours) change since the original post?
                            im not 100% on this, but patrols schedule is 5/4,5/2,4/3. rotate from day to night every 28 days. midnights are still perm, but with the 5/2,5/2,4/3

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by jvegas View Post
                              im not 100% on this, but patrols schedule is 5/4,5/2,4/3. rotate from day to night every 28 days. midnights are still perm, but with the 5/2,5/2,4/3
                              jvegas, are you on the job already?
                              Last edited by njdream; 04-22-2010, 10:04 PM.
                              NYPD
                              Exam: 8314 11/08
                              Got the call: 1/7/11

                              "Last of the mohicans"

                              ___________________
                              "Failure is not an option"

                              Comment


                              • Thanks JVegas..

                                I remember when this thread first started lol
                                Seen many get on from the begining. Should have applied in MD 2 years ago.
                                MDRDEP:

                                There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 2307 users online. 144 members and 2163 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X