Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Baltimore City Police Department Q&A

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by shibby6615 View Post
    Umm as in the 2 day processing event. His dates for the CST and Physical are consecutive, so I thought maybe he did the 2 day out of state processing event and maybe that was the reason why he went through the process in a different order than I have gone through up to this point.
    the 2 day processing involves more than just 2 steps, otherwise it wouldnt be 2 day processing. he may have done the recent hiring event though.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by jvegas View Post
      the 2 day processing involves more than just 2 steps, otherwise it wouldnt be 2 day processing. he may have done the recent hiring event though.
      got ya, makes sense.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Name Taken View Post
        Huntvalley, Cockeysville, Lutherville, maybe parts of Towson. Some decent area's in Owings Mills/Reisterstown also.

        You get what you pay for when it comes to neighborhoods.
        Glen Burnie, Pasadena, Millersville, Ferndale...

        AACO is just nice in general .

        Lower AACO is nicer but farther drive.

        "Der Schmerz ist vorübergehend, Stolz ist für immer"


        Comment


        • whats the address of the academy?

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Gotts56 View Post
            Glen Burnie, Pasadena, Millersville, Ferndale...

            AACO is just nice in general .

            Lower AACO is nicer but farther drive.
            You'd be in killer traffic just about every day. I wouldnt bother.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Name Taken View Post
              You'd be in killer traffic just about every day. I wouldnt bother.
              if you go on the correct times of day... youd be free and clear on 97... I only have problems between 7-8am and 5-6 pm... thats the only times.

              "Der Schmerz ist vorübergehend, Stolz ist für immer"


              Comment


              • Originally posted by Gotts56 View Post
                if you go on the correct times of day... youd be free and clear on 97... I only have problems between 7-8am and 5-6 pm... thats the only times.
                Oh I see what your saying.

                I'm sure the academy instructors would understand. I mean who wants to sit in traffic. They'd probably let you leave early for that.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by cdn78 View Post
                  whats the address of the academy?
                  3500 West Northern Parkway, Baltimore, MD 21215
                  Baltimore City Police

                  Written Test: 1/9/09-Passed
                  Written PSY Test: 1/9/09-Passed
                  Agility Test: 1/10/09-Passed
                  Meet BI(Background Packet Submitted): 1/10/09- Passed
                  Background Inv. started: 4/15/09 to 6/20/09: Passed
                  Medical: 6/26/09-Passed
                  PSY Interview: 7/7/09-Passed
                  Polygraph: 8/7/09-Passed
                  Final processing: 8/24/09-Passed
                  HIRED: 9/1/09

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Name Taken View Post
                    Oh I see what your saying.

                    I'm sure the academy instructors would understand. I mean who wants to sit in traffic. They'd probably let you leave early for that.
                    I regularly showed up late and was fine...though they did use a CPR dummy to stand in for me at roll call. Think Weekend at Bernie's.

                    Comment


                    • For those that have taken the medical exam, what does that consist of? I heard there was a hearing portion.. Is it like a booth you have to sit in and press when you hear the beeps? Or is it something else?

                      Comment


                      • For those that have taken the medical exam, what does that consist of? I heard there was a hearing portion.. Is it like a booth you have to sit in and press when you hear the beeps? Or is it something else?

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by hamrat View Post
                          I regularly showed up late and was fine...though they did use a CPR dummy to stand in for me at roll call. Think Weekend at Bernie's.
                          LMAO....

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by jvegas View Post
                            sometimes you can PM people on here that will be in your class and find room mates. MiGuy and Tigerwoody did that, and it was a match made in heaven. i think they are tying the knot next week, actually.
                            He hasn't talked to my in awhile... It's over. Although my gf is happy about that

                            But, for all of those out of state, it does help if you can find someone on here or with someone who you've tested with to room with. It makes things a whole lot easier when you are living with someone who is going through the exact same thing and you can help each other out. Just a suggestion.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by hamrat View Post
                              I regularly showed up late and was fine...though they did use a CPR dummy to stand in for me at roll call. Think Weekend at Bernie's.
                              Although that actually is pretty funny and I can imagine that.. I really wouldn't give that out and advise that showing up late to the academy would be fine. Your advisors may have accepted that, but you can ask JVegas and Tigerwoody... Our advisors would NOT accept that at all. If I'm not mistaken, I remember more than once having to all be in the front lean and other punishments when we were waiting on other people. At the academy, at the range, etc... When we waited, we waited in pain!

                              You are in the academy and showing up late.. Consistently at that... Is NOT a good start for the department. And believe me, how you act and how you are in the academy gets around the department. When I showed up to the district, the Officers I worked with knew what kind of people myself and the others that were in my class that came to the district were in the academy. There is no reason to be late. Occasionally, it happens. But if it's consistent.. LEAVE EARLIER. This is your career. A professional environment. Be a professional.

                              Just my .02

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by MiGuy View Post
                                Although that actually is pretty funny and I can imagine that.. I really wouldn't give that out and advise that showing up late to the academy would be fine. Your advisors may have accepted that, but you can ask JVegas and Tigerwoody... Our advisors would NOT accept that at all. If I'm not mistaken, I remember more than once having to all be in the front lean and other punishments when we were waiting on other people. At the academy, at the range, etc... When we waited, we waited in pain!

                                You are in the academy and showing up late.. Consistently at that... Is NOT a good start for the department. And believe me, how you act and how you are in the academy gets around the department. When I showed up to the district, the Officers I worked with knew what kind of people myself and the others that were in my class that came to the district were in the academy. There is no reason to be late. Occasionally, it happens. But if it's consistent.. LEAVE EARLIER. This is your career. A professional environment. Be a professional.

                                Just my .02
                                Dude, that was 100% sarcasm...didn't think anyone would take me seriously there. Late is not an excuse. What kind of advice would that be anyway...that's not even realistic!
                                Last edited by hamrat; 04-04-2010, 02:29 PM.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 6898 users online. 354 members and 6544 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X