X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • njdream
    Forum Member
    • Dec 2009

Originally posted by jvegas
    anything is possible. there have been cases where an applicant had completed only part of the process and was hired. their processing continued into the academy. if they want/need more people, they can and will do things like this. the chances are slim to none, though.
    Really? hmmmm. Interesting. And if they find something in your background then you get fired?
    NYPD
    Exam: 8314 11/08
    Got the call: 1/7/11

"Last of the mohicans"

Comment

• jvegas
      shook'n cats, ringn bells
      • May 2007

Originally posted by njdream
      Really? hmmmm. Interesting. And if they find something in your background then you get fired?
      yep. not trying to give false hope to anyone. if you have only taken the written and agility and a class started next week, and that class was short, i wouldnt go expecting to get in THAT early. if you have finished everything except say the oral psych and your BI isnt 100% done with your file, you could make it into a class while those results are pending.
      Last edited by jvegas; 03-17-2010, 01:45 PM.

Comment

• bmore_10-4
        Forum Member
        • Mar 2010

Those ankle high puddles were crazy! I'm still waitin on my phone call! Hopefully I hear something this week!

Comment

• fabolous084
          Forum Member
          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by bmore_10-4
          Those ankle high puddles were crazy! I'm still waitin on my phone call! Hopefully I hear something this week!
          I'm actually sick now because of that day smh.. I would be relocating so a fall academy sounds perfect to me.
          The Few, The Proud, The Marines...

Comment

• andre431986
            Forum Member
            • May 2009

Originally posted by fabolous084
            I'm actually sick now because of that day smh.. I would be relocating so a fall academy sounds perfect to me.
            im suprised that im not sick. I didnt have much on, just shorts and long johns.

Comment

• bmore_10-4
              Forum Member
              • Mar 2010

I'm surprised I'm not sick too! I had on a rain jacket but it did absolutely no good! It was good to see applicants working together too. Some of us paired up for the run for motivation! Looks like the brotherly bond is starting already!

Comment

• andre431986
                Forum Member
                • May 2009

I'm surprised I'm not sick too! I had on a rain jacket but it did absolutely no good! It was good to see applicants working together too. Some of us paired up for the run for motivation! Looks like the brotherly bond is starting already!
                Oh yeah.... that was the best group of people i ran with. Along with the instructors, they pushed you through. If i get far enough this time, i hope to see some if not all of you in the same class. This is the third time i applied.
                Last edited by andre431986; 03-17-2010, 02:56 PM.

Comment

• shibby6615
                  Forum Member
                  • Feb 2010

Originally posted by MoCo-Guy
                  Well, I didn't pass the PAT. I passed the push up, sit up, flexibility, and bench press tests, but screwed up on the glock familiarization test. I don't know what happened to my focus, but I just couldn't lock that damn slide (never held or handled a firearm until today). It was a miserable day weather-wise in Baltimore today so it was a long hour ride back.

I'm disappointed but I'll be back once this 45 day probation period ends. I'm convinced that this is the career I want to do for the next 30+ years of my life. For those scheduled to take it (or took it today), godspeed.

Edit: Congrats, Fabolous!
                  Hey man I'm pretty sure I was a few behind you when you were doing your glock test. You're left handed right? If I was you I'd stop by a local gun shop and ask them just to go over the basics with you. Before buying my first gun, the owner showed me the basics as far as racking the slide, using the slide lock (which is the part you messed up) and all that. You'll get it down in no time with a little practice, and not having the pressure of the instructor staring you down will also help.

Comment

• bmore_10-4
                    Forum Member
                    • Mar 2010

Originally posted by andre431986
                    Oh yeah.... that was the best group of people i ran with. Along with the instructors, they pushed you through. If i get far enough this time, i hope to see some if not all of you in the same class. This is the third time i applied.
                    Good luck to you ! If people can come together like that in the early stages of the process then this is definitely a department I want to work for!

Comment

• fabolous084
                      Forum Member
                      • Feb 2007

likewise, if you don't mind me asking what happened the first 2 times you applied?
                      The Few, The Proud, The Marines...

Comment

• Den87
                        Forum Member
                        • Jan 2009

HAHAHAHAHA, If you make it in give it a few months and all of you will be hating each other hahaha
                        Baltimore City Police

Written Test: 1/9/09-Passed
                        Written PSY Test: 1/9/09-Passed
                        Agility Test: 1/10/09-Passed
                        Meet BI(Background Packet Submitted): 1/10/09- Passed
                        Background Inv. started: 4/15/09 to 6/20/09: Passed
                        Medical: 6/26/09-Passed
                        PSY Interview: 7/7/09-Passed
                        Polygraph: 8/7/09-Passed
                        Final processing: 8/24/09-Passed
                        HIRED: 9/1/09

Comment

• Den87
                          Forum Member
                          • Jan 2009

The academy is not bad, its fun but you have to stay FOCUSED, trust me dont fall off track, i recommend working out everyday even when your not in the academy, study everything, everybody has to help everybody out, bc when everything is said and done these are the people that youll be depending on when **** hits the fan. Good luck to everybody in the process!
                          Last edited by Den87; 03-17-2010, 05:57 PM.
                          Baltimore City Police

Written Test: 1/9/09-Passed
                          Written PSY Test: 1/9/09-Passed
                          Agility Test: 1/10/09-Passed
                          Meet BI(Background Packet Submitted): 1/10/09- Passed
                          Background Inv. started: 4/15/09 to 6/20/09: Passed
                          Medical: 6/26/09-Passed
                          PSY Interview: 7/7/09-Passed
                          Polygraph: 8/7/09-Passed
                          Final processing: 8/24/09-Passed
                          HIRED: 9/1/09

Comment

• andre431986
                            Forum Member
                            • May 2009

Originally posted by fabolous084
                            likewise, if you don't mind me asking what happened the first 2 times you applied?
                            im going to send you a pm

Comment

• cyuen86
                              Forum Member
                              • Oct 2007

has it been a confirm on April 10 class? did anyone receive any class at all?

Comment

• njdream
                                Forum Member
                                • Dec 2009

Wait.... Third time? Meaning you never got called OR you failed something in the process?
                                NYPD
                                Exam: 8314 11/08
                                Got the call: 1/7/11

"Last of the mohicans"

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 20527 users online. 66 members and 20461 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...