Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So its diffrent than just a "Trigger Pull"

Comment

• Does anyone know if BPD does any out of state hiring/testing or if they have an accelerated testing program for out-of-staters?
      Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShinkagePD510 View Post
        Does anyone know if BPD does any out of state hiring/testing or if they have an accelerated testing program for out-of-staters?
        Thanks!

Rather then be that guy who tells you to read through this very thread to find your answer (which by the way, this thread contains an answer to nearly any and every question one might have about BPD) Ill be nice and tell you YES. Consult their website for 2 day processing events. Next one is this upcoming weekend which I can almost assure you is completely booked but check back frequently for new postings. Good luck.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bblue73 View Post
          Rather then be that guy who tells you to read through this very thread to find your answer (which by the way, this thread contains an answer to nearly any and every question one might have about BPD) Ill be nice and tell you YES. Consult their website for 2 day processing events. Next one is this upcoming weekend which I can almost assure you is completely booked but check back frequently for new postings. Good luck.
          Thanks for being helpful, I browsed around the first few pages and the last few to no success. Also the website doesn't appear to be looking.

I will read around in the thread.

Comment

• Originally posted by andre431986 View Post
            i believe there was a lot of people who have pass... at least 50 i believe. i may be wrong... or right.
            50? wow! That's a lot. If you figure 50 pass every PT, there will be about 1000 in the pool for the next class. Geez!
            NYPD
            Exam: 8314 11/08
            Got the call: 1/7/11

"Last of the mohicans"

Comment

• Originally posted by njdream View Post
              50? wow! That's a lot. If you figure 50 pass every PT, there will be about 1000 in the pool for the next class. Geez!
              At least they are going hire more than 100.

Comment

i believe there was a lot of people who have pass... at least 50 i believe. i may be wrong... or right.
                Originally posted by andre431986 View Post
                what color was you

andre, whats up with your english?

im only asking because if english isnt your first language, you may want to take an english class to prepare for report writing.
                Last edited by jvegas; 03-15-2010, 12:55 PM.

Comment

At least they are going hire more than 100.
                  100 for the entire year?
                  NYPD
                  Exam: 8314 11/08
                  Got the call: 1/7/11

"Last of the mohicans"

Comment

• Originally posted by jvegas View Post
                    andre, whats up with your english?

im only asking because if english isnt your first language, you may want to take an english class to prepare for report writing.
                    i know... im not on a computer. im using my phone so its kind of rushed. i see what your talking about though.

Comment

• I got a call today to set up an appt. For the written psych and to hand in my background package. Faster than I was expecting but I'm happy.
                      The Few, The Proud, The Marines...

Comment

• Originally posted by fabolous084 View Post
                        I got a call today to set up an appt. For the written psych and to hand in my background package. Faster than I was expecting but I'm happy.
                        Congrats... i got a call too but i wasnt here to take it. So i got to call tomarrow morning. That was quick

Comment

• Looks like I'll be going in tomorrow to take the Civil Service Exam. Any tips? Also, what is parking like there? Is it an actual lot or do I need to parallel park (not so good at parallel parking)? Also, would you recommend just shirt and tie or should I wear a suit? Thanks!

Comment

• there is a garage on the same street as the HQ about 2 or 3 blocks down and a lot right across...pretty expensive cost me $15...suit for sure..

Comment

• Originally posted by fabolous084 View Post
                              I got a call today to set up an appt. For the written psych and to hand in my background package. Faster than I was expecting but I'm happy.
                              Hot damn! That was fast. I figured it would take a month or so. I guess the rumor of an April class might be true. They could be accelerating your process in preparation. Congrats again, Fabo and Andre; good luck!

Thanks for the advice, guys. I'm looking around the web for a range to get some basic training.

Originally posted by PhiDelta364 View Post
                              Looks like I'll be going in tomorrow to take the Civil Service Exam. Any tips? Also, what is parking like there? Is it an actual lot or do I need to parallel park (not so good at parallel parking)? Also, would you recommend just shirt and tie or should I wear a suit? Thanks!
                              I used the Lexington Garage on Lexington Ave. It's not too far from their Police HQ.

Wear a suit and tie. No business casual or anything like that.
                              Last edited by MoCo-Guy; 03-15-2010, 09:33 PM.

Comment

• question

Originally posted by hamrat View Post
                                btw, heard april 10 was the start of the academy, dont know if thats news to you guys or not.
                                How reliable is your source . The reason I'm asking I would like to prepare just in case they will be calling soon. I'm relocating from ny.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5373 users online. 331 members and 5042 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X