Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How is the overtime for a rookie just graduating? Will there be a lot?

Comment

• Originally posted by NYJets44288 View Post
      What goes on afterwards that requires the suit & tie?
      the whole process is about professionalism.

Comment

• Originally posted by rtpd151 View Post
        How is the overtime for a rookie just graduating? Will there be a lot?
        yes, there is plenty of OT, at least in the SED

Comment

• Does Baltimore have a K9 unit?! If so, are there a lot of officers within the unit? Are they out on patrol with the rest of the guys?
          Thanks for the info

Comment

• Originally posted by rtpd151 View Post
            Does Baltimore have a K9 unit?! If so, are there a lot of officers within the unit? Are they out on patrol with the rest of the guys?
            Thanks for the info
            each district has a K9 unit, and they are not patrol. usually when a K9 is needed, a broadcast will be made. K9 in the city do not get a take home car like other agencies do. you have to use your personal vehicle for transport to and from your district.

Comment

• As always, thanks for the info vegas.

Comment

• Originally posted by jvegas View Post
                each district has a K9 unit, and they are not patrol. usually when a K9 is needed, a broadcast will be made. K9 in the city do not get a take home car like other agencies do. you have to use your personal vehicle for transport to and from your district.
                There is not a K9 Unit assigned to each district. It would be nice if it were that way, unfortunately it is not. If it were we wouldnt have to wait 1/2 to have them respond.

As for getting into K9, it is based on several things. A yard, kids, other animals, physical conditioning. Are you able to handle the dog so on and so on. Then you have to wait for the dogs become available. Although I had a former co-worker find a baby shepard in the ED and trained it himself in the beginning to be a K9. All is history once he was picked to go to the K9 Unit.

Overtime is definetely there, however you just need to know where to look. Hopkins, Oriole games, Raven's games, parades, festivals, etc. That doesnt even include parking garages, JCC, etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by NightStix View Post
                  Raven's games
                  Only if I can wear my Steeler jersey. haha j/k
                  "Sometimes you have to be able choose the harder right over the easier wrong" ~~ Dr. M.H

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." ~~ Edmund Burke

Comment

• [QUOTE=NightStix;1380854]There is not a K9 Unit assigned to each district. It would be nice if it were that way, unfortunately it is not. If it were we wouldnt have to wait 1/2 to have them respond.

QUOTE]

i didnt mean each district has a dedicated k9 unit, but doesnt each district have at least 1 k9? there is usually a k9 on duty somewhere in the city, it may be swd k9 going to ned, though.

Comment

i didnt mean each district has a dedicated k9 unit, but doesnt each district have at least 1 k9? there is usually a k9 on duty somewhere in the city, it may be swd k9 going to ned, though.
                      No, there is not a K9 assigned to each district. Your are lucky if you can have 3 working at once in the city. They try to keep 2 I think in the city at all times working. Although that I'm not 100%

Hey wear the Steelers, depending on how tonight goes, I may change teams. The biggest reason I am a fan of the Ravens is because they help pay my salary!

Comment

• Originally posted by NightStix View Post
                        No, there is not a K9 assigned to each district. Your are lucky if you can have 3 working at once in the city. They try to keep 2 I think in the city at all times working. Although that I'm not 100%

again, i think you are misunderstanding me...which district does not have at least 1 k9?

Comment

again, i think you are misunderstanding me...which district does not have at least 1 k9?
                          All of them. K9 is not specifically assigned to one district. They may work out of one district, however that changes frequently as it usually depends on where the brass wants them deployed.

Comment

• well our usual k9 guy parks in our lot, and his patrol vehicle has our district stamped on it. in my eyes, that close enough to him being in our district. either way it doesnt matter, im sure there are enough k9's to where each district could have 1 assigned.

and back to the computer issue. we have a brand new car (1000 miles), with a brand new docking station and a used MCPD computer that doesnt even turn on.

Comment

well our usual k9 guy parks in our lot, and his patrol vehicle has our district stamped on it. in my eyes, that close enough to him being in our district. either way it doesnt matter, im sure there are enough k9's to where each district could have 1 assigned.

and back to the computer issue. we have a brand new car (1000 miles), with a brand new docking station and a used MCPD computer that doesnt even turn on.
                              District stamped on it?? That means??? He is NOT assigned to your district. He is based out of city wide and will go where he is told to go. I WISH we had enough K9 (one for every district) however that is not possible.

As far as the MDT's not turning on, join the club ITS BALTIMORE CITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anything else???
                              Last edited by NightStix; 08-25-2008, 09:47 AM.

Comment

• We have 1 K9 officer..period. If's he off we have to use surrounding agency's... Bel Air, HCSO, Aberdeen, MSP, CCSO, Perryville, Port Deposit
                                The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

"And maybe just remind the few, if ill of us they speak,
                                that we are all that stands between
                                the monsters and the weak." - Michael Marks

sigpic

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9499 users online. 302 members and 9197 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X